Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Apparently Billy Gilmour is coming on loan and the deal is "close"....heard this from an ex-celt close to the goings on at lennoxtown..
Is JK yir source Docco or was it an ex Celts granny’s uncle aunties wee sisters brothers pal who slept wi a jiner who laid the flair at
The Bowlarama owned by DDesmonds fourth cousins who was caught in Hancock’s office in a threesome
Mm so it’s true

HH 👀

Regardless of what the actual amount is,
First let's get him in.
But if there is any truth in the wages been mentioned, it would show a huge shift in the wages we seem to be preparing to pay.
I believe ajer was only on 12k, so to be prepared to offer likewise for an even younger player and by all accounts a proper CB then would be another great step in the right direction imo

Regardless of what the actual amount is,
First let's get him in.
But if there is any truth in the wages been mentioned, it would show a huge shift in the wages we seem to be preparing to pay.
I believe ajer was only on 12k, so to be prepared to offer likewise for an even younger player and by all accounts a proper CB then would be another great step in the right direction imo
Apparently Torino were offering €300,000 a year for the kid, but Celtic, apparently, has more then doubled it.

Apparently Torino were offering €300,000 a year for the kid, but Celtic, apparently, has more then doubled it.
Which would be around the 12k a week mark AG.
Been saying for a good while now we still have plenty of room for manoeuvre on players wages an area PL traitor seemed to want to keep as low as possible, yet increase the dividends for the board members imo

The trouble with this time of year is that everybody seems to have a sorce and know who is being bought or sold according to some Howe had already been signed up and we know where that ended up, think we dodged a bullet with him using Celtic as a bargaining point, yes we need to get players but not from the bargain basement Celtic need a strong defence plus a working centre forward I prefer not to pay attention to headlines and wait to see who have actually signed

Anyone got any links of a decent hilights reel of Mario Vuskovic?

I had to go to his transfermarkt page and punched in the games and scores on YouTube to see what I could find.

Watched about 10/15 games he played. Wasn't very convincing.

5m seems pretty top end for him.
Tbh i might of just picked the wrong games but I gave up.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou is considering a move for Manchester city’s Ko Itakura.

The Japan international has had a successful loan spell at Dutch side Groningen over the last 18 months.

The 24-year-old is high on a list of targets on which the the new Celtic boss is currently working.

Postecoglou is also well aware of Itakura from his own time at Japanese side Yokohama F Marinos, who are part of the City Football Group.

Postecoglou is already closing in on a deal for Hajduk Split defender Mario Vuskovic but is still looking to add to his backline options.

Itakura, who has five Japanese caps, can also play as a holding midfielder.

City signed him from J1 League side Kawasaki Frontale in 2019 before they sent him to Holland.

Celtic manager Ange Postecoglou is considering a move for Manchester city’s Ko Itakura.

The Japan international has had a successful loan spell at Dutch side Groningen over the last 18 months.

The 24-year-old is high on a list of targets on which the the new Celtic boss is currently working.

Postecoglou is also well aware of Itakura from his own time at Japanese side Yokohama F Marinos, who are part of the City Football Group.

Postecoglou is already closing in on a deal for Hajduk Split defender Mario Vuskovic but is still looking to add to his backline options.

City signed him from J1 League side Kawasaki Frontale in 2019 before they sent him to Holland.

Knowing man City he is either well out of our price range or another dodgy player to off load upon us

CELTIC are eying a move for Sheffield United ace George Baldock, according to a report.

The English defender, 28, is on Ange Postecoglou's radar as the Hoops boss gets his teeth into the new job.

According to the Daily Record, Blades ace Baldock fits the bill of what the Hoops are looking for.

It's said the pacey full back is high on the list of Postecoglou's transfer targets, although the Australian has alternative names for several positions.

CELTIC are eying a move for Sheffield United ace George Baldock, according to a report.

The English defender, 28, is on Ange Postecoglou's radar as the Hoops boss gets his teeth into the new job.

According to the Daily Record, Blades ace Baldock fits the bill of what the Hoops are looking for.

It's said the pacey full back is high on the list of Postecoglou's transfer targets, although the Australian has alternative names for several positions.

Believe he only signed a new contract in December, so would possibly be well outside our wage bracket, so just more shite from a bog roll that claims to pretend it's a newspaper AG

Looks the goods.

Itakuro looks the type of centre half that would suit Celtic. He wouldn’t be available until mid August as he’s in Japanese Olympic squad.
From what I saw of him at Sheffield Utd (mainly in Champiònship) Baldock isn’t what we need, he’s a wing back not a full back, and not a very good one.

We have been linked with every Japanese and aussie player who is looking for a move this summer.
Lazy journalism

It’s got to the stage, I would just like one player in the now🤪
I hope none of the new players are as slow as the board.
We need players in ASAP. If we don't have them by this week, if they are coming from outwith the UK they will have to isolate for 10 days.
So if they aren't in by this week, they won't be playing in the first leg of the champions league qualifier

Itakuro looks the type of centre half that would suit Celtic. He wouldn’t be available until mid August as he’s in Japanese Olympic squad.
From what I saw of him at Sheffield Utd (mainly in Champiònship) Baldock isn’t what we need, he’s a wing back not a full back, and not a very good one.
If its mid August he is available then has to be paper chat then?
Groningen are also wanting to buy him.

Back