Close season so its time for a transfer thread......

Nesbit would cost £3m+, we'll not spend that on anyone this summer. Expecting a massive down sizing operation. Signings will be cheap punts, frees and loans.
There is no chance of a massive downsizing this year.
We ain't got enough players left to go much further.
Your man Ange wouldn't have taken the job otherwise, he's got assurances and if they aren't met then he's the type to let us know.
IF we get 25 million for Ajer and Edouard, i'd be happy if they used that budget to BUY players.
The wage bill will be down hugely on last year and needs to be cut further.
Lots of dross on books. The squad needs re-balanced into a competitive squad, lots less projects and much more first team acquisitions.

The loss of Ajer would be a bit of a blow as he was our best players over the course of a whole season, but to be honest he was very poor defensively for me and is a player that seemed only to be switched on in the big games. Edouard, great player but a great player not trying was on show last season and the only reason he wasnt on the bench was Ajeti is shite and Griff was getting punished.

Looks like a training ground coach we have brought in, there may be alterations within a system, but his main tactics seem to be, play how we play and do it well.

Its a new page being turned, try be positive till we've a need to be negative. It was awful last season, the only way is up from here.

Think we need someone behind Jamsie lennono, and yet you expect nearly as much from a full back/wing back going forward as much as defending, sometimes even more in an attacking sense than defending.
The quality our full back's provided in both sence was appalling last season and finding another Tierney isn't easy nowadays.
Would be an area to see if Ange is really as good as it's claimed to see if there is huge improvements in that area for us
We know Ange's style of play already is attacking,
Any attacking formation doesn't work without width
if you don't have proper box to box full backs, the system doesn't work
So it may be he's paying for quality in those positions

We’re supposedly signing Mario Vuskovic
£4.8 million with add ins supposed to hear next week
With Aaron Hickey to quickly follow if true that’s a good start
But

HH 🍀
Also would give us a great insight into what approach Ange would be taking upon signings jam.
Would say it would be a young approach in signings that Ange can mould into the type of player he wants.
The experience may still come from what we still have already at the club.
But agreed it could be 2 fantastic signing if we can pull them off.

There is no chance of a massive downsizing this year.
We ain't got enough players left to go much further.
Your man Ange wouldn't have taken the job otherwise, he's got assurances and if they aren't met then he's the type to let us know.
IF we get 25 million for Ajer and Edouard, i'd be happy if they used that budget to BUY players.
The wage bill will be down hugely on last year and needs to be cut further.
Lots of dross on books. The squad needs re-balanced into a competitive squad, lots less projects and much more first team acquisitions.

The loss of Ajer would be a bit of a blow as he was our best players over the course of a whole season, but to be honest he was very poor defensively for me and is a player that seemed only to be switched on in the big games. Edouard, great player but a great player not trying was on show last season and the only reason he wasnt on the bench was Ajeti is shite and Griff was getting punished.

Looks like a training ground coach we have brought in, there may be alterations within a system, but his main tactics seem to be, play how we play and do it well.

Its a new page being turned, try be positive till we've a need to be negative. It was awful last season, the only way is up from here.
We got this far without VVD when he left a Quadruple so if Ajer goes, it is what it is, good luck elsewhere and cheers.

Possibly? More than likely! but the whole Gilmour to Rangers clamour has died down....strange that

Personally I don't think I want a loan like that as good as he might be...he would certainly piss a lot of folk off 🤣🤣
Hope we don't get in any loan signings Docco.
If we do, there has to be an option to buy, but even so the loan system is mainly used to try and off load players.
Prefer of getting the players in who want to be playing for us for the long term hopefully.

Hope we don't get in any loan signings Docco.
If we do, there has to be an option to buy, but even so the loan system is mainly used to try and off load players.
Prefer of getting the players in who want to be playing for us for the long term hopefully.
I have no problem with loan signings but as long as they’re people you couldn’t afford
One or two a season if done well can be beneficial
But the loan signing we bring in often aren’t any better than what we have

I have no problem with loan signings but as long as they’re people you couldn’t afford
One or two a season if done well can be beneficial
But the loan signing we bring in often aren’t any better than what we have
We bought in high earning loans last season which I believe unsettled the whole changing room, which could have became toxic when as you say weren't any better than we already had.
You also send out the wrong message to players, by claiming your not good enough so I have to get someone else in.
Very easy for a manager to lose the changing room when you inflict that amount of poison into it.
OK, using it, I suppose as long as there is an option to buy put in place, but still prefer with the wage bracket we would be in, that we only have our own players playing for the club.

We bought in high earning loans last season which I believe unsettled the whole changing room, which could have became toxic when as you say weren't any better than we already had.
You also send out the wrong message to players, by claiming your not good enough so I have to get someone else in.
Very easy for a manager to lose the changing room when you inflict that amount of poison into it.
OK, using it, I suppose as long as there is an option to buy put in place, but still prefer with the wage bracket we would be in, that we only have our own players playing for the club.
I don't mind the odd loan signing buy not if it's a laxalt type just to fill a hole that one of our youngsters cud fill(or even a senior player shud be picked instead of loaning other teams dross)I would rather promote from within than loan in

Members online

Latest posts

Back