Coronavirus

There are hundreds of textile factories throughout Britain , countless distilleries , 3D printing facilities, skilled people like seamstresses, joiners, other tradesmen currently not working....Instead of relying on other countries for PPE, these fields I mentioned above could very well be deployed to produce the PPE equipment needed for the shortage in the UK..Why is this not happening?? For all his faults, I would suggest that if Corbyn was prime minister, this would have been the first thing his government would have done....In a low wealth country like here in Portugal this is exactly what is happening in parishes throughout the land..
Britain, what an absolute fuck up

The news is full of companies publishing their downturn in sales as if this was a great shock to anyone. They're closed and we know they're closed so why bother wasting our time with losses when we have so much else to worry about.

It would suit some companies better to assist with the PPE situation but then again, we need a government that's prepared to take the appropriate action.

There are hundreds of textile factories throughout Britain , countless distilleries , 3D printing facilities, skilled people like seamstresses, joiners, other tradesmen currently not working....Instead of relying on other countries for PPE, these fields I mentioned above could very well be deployed to produce the PPE equipment needed for the shortage in the UK..Why is this not happening?? For all his faults, I would suggest that if Corbyn was prime minister, this would have been the first thing his government would have done....In a low wealth country like here in Portugal this is exactly what is happening in parishes throughout the land..

That's the thing Docco there have been PPE manufacturers here in the UK who have contacted the UKGov multiple times offering their stock, they've been ignored again and again and eventually went on to sell their stock to other countries.

PPE manufacturers ignored by UK Gov.
Ventilator manufacturers ignored by UK Gov.
Testing Labs ignored by UK Gov.
EU procurement scheme ignored by UK Gov
Multiple Scientists, Doctors, Virologists, Epidemiologists ignored by UK Gov
What took place in other countries like China, Italy, Spain etc. ignored by UK Gov.

Why?

That's the thing Docco there have been PPE manufacturers here in the UK who have contacted the UKGov multiple times offering their stock, they've been ignored again and again and eventually went on to sell their stock to other countries.

What took place in other countries like China, Italy, Spain etc. ignored by UK Gov.

Why?
Herd immunity by stealth Shadow2, think that's been the case,from the day they announced it as policy.

Why?

It's a complete joke....this is world war 3 against an invisible enemy... Britain was famed for its coming together and social practices during other world wars......where is this now?

Buying goods from China costs buttons it's all down to money and so far the only factorys the Tories are using are Barbour and Burberry big tory donors so they get the contracts

It's a complete joke....this is world war 3 against an invisible enemy... Britain was famed for its coming together and social practices during other world wars......where is this now?
In the bin this is a free for all everyone for themselves ,the rich are squealing for bailouts and help and being listened too, while the folk on the frontline only ask for a protection and are ignored

Think Indyref and brexit broke 'British' society,maybe,perversely, this war might,just might bring us together,but the the government are handling of it,does not fill me with confidence.

Buying goods from China costs buttons it's all down to money and so far the only factorys the Tories are using are Barbour and Burberry big tory donors so they get the contracts
Ignoring companies who manufacture PPE, give the pro brexit, (who relocated his HQ to Singapore just after the vote)tory donating, hoover manufacturer, a contract to manufacture ventilators,wonder how many he's supplied?

Herd immunity by stealth Shadow2, think that's been the case,from the day they announced it as policy.

Exactly MD.

And the worst thing about that is that almost all scientific and medical experts outside Government consider the 'herd immunity' strategy as complete madness where Coronavirus is concerned as it's a new virus that they know very little about.

There is NO scientific evidence anywhere that shows previous sufferers/carriers can become immune to the virus through antibodies produced when infected, it's a massive assumption they've made based on the immune system's response to other kinds of viruses. Most experts say the only way to achieve 'herd immunity' is through vaccination......the virus will only die out when it can no longer jump from human to human i.e. when everyone has been vaccinated against it and leave it with nowhere to go.

Ignoring companies who manufacture PPE, give the pro brexit, (who relocated his HQ to Singapore just after the vote)tory donating, hoover manufacturer, a contract to manufacture ventilators,wonder how many he's supplied?
To Date none , jcb another big tory doner made the casings only 30 of them , they then sent them to dyson ,,,,,and that's it nothing

Brexit cry was johnson claiming british industry were the best in the world and brexit would help make the brits stronger

So far they have been ignored and the tories are shopping in China and Singapore

Luckily the MPs get an extra £10,000 in their tail for sitting at home, it must be tough for them. Meanwhile frontline workers get hee haw and others are having to go without a wage altogether.

At a time when we should all be in this together the Government's decisions have divided a nation.

Rant over. 🍀

To be honest I think most of that 'Britain coming together' narrative during the world wars was based on ordinary people and communities having to rally round one another due to the absence of government help, it was borne out of necessity just as it is now.

The governments then, like the one we have now, spun THEIR failures into a positive narrative.

Agree, I keep in touch with the Portuguese Island Madeira
and they equally are containing the virus at this time safeguarding
their people.

Luckily the MPs get an extra £10,000 in their tail for sitting at home, it must be tough for them. Meanwhile frontline workers get hee haw and others are having to go without a wage altogether.

At a time when we should all be in this together the Government's decisions have divided a nation.

Rant over. 🍀
Great rant Shamrock,and you are entitled to rant,a 'key' worker on the front line, playing russian roulette every time ye go to work,stay safe and god bless ye Ghirl! 👏

Think Indyref and brexit broke 'British' society,maybe,perversely, this war might,just might bring us together,but the the government are handling of it,does not fill me with confidence.

It was broke long before IndyRef and Brexit MD, they were just the symptoms of that broken society.

If anything I think the scandalous UK government shitshow playing out right now will only drive more Scots towards voting for Independence. You can tell a lot from how a government acts in a crisis and the whole UKGov/PHE telling English PPE manufacturers not to send orders to Scotland and Wales made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

That said at the risk of sounding like former PM and Tory android Theresa May 'now is not the time' for that discussion. ;)(y)

It was broke long before IndyRef and Brexit MD, they were just the symptoms of that broken society.

If anything I think the scandalous UK government shitshow playing out right now will only drive more Scots towards voting for Independence. You can tell a lot from how a government acts in a crisis and the whole UKGov/PHE telling English PPE manufacturers not to send orders to Scotland and Wales made a lot of people sit up and take notice.

That said at the risk of sounding like former PM and Tory android Theresa May 'now is not the time' for that discussion. ;)(y)
Bailing out the banks,then hitting workers,the sick the elderly with the bill with 10 years of austerity didnae help,and folks thought brexit was a good idea!

Members online

Latest posts

Back