Coronavirus

how you could even think up a headline like that is beyond me
That was what the initial herd immunity crap was about at the start of this - to bump off those pesky pensioners and ill people who cost the treasury money. Anyway, not meaning to restart any political arguments - I was just sickened and disgusted that people could rejoice in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of people.

That was what the initial herd immunity crap was about at the start of this - to bump off those pesky pensioners and ill people who cost the treasury money. Anyway, not meaning to restart any political arguments - I was just sickened and disgusted that people could rejoice in the unnecessary deaths of tens of thousands of people.
Barely believable that this is a statistic the publishers thought we'd be pleased to see.

its sickening that anyone could think all those deaths are anything other than sad never mind put a Β£ in it

Australia has a population of over 25m, the UK is under 67m. Our total Covid deaths passed 100,000 and Australia sits at 909 (less in a year than we are suffering in a day). Manage it properly and make difficult decisions and your economy may well recover quicker and suffer less long term damage.

Dee moved her journey home to help look after her mum until end of Feb. She was supposed to leave this morning .BA, Covid Test at Boots and US health insurance company allowed her to change flight etc at no charge. Her mum has been home a week now and is improving daily. We thought she was gonna die alone in despair in Fresno care home. I feel for the folk who can't go home.
Dee was gonna have to fly via Dallas because California is not accepting UK flights or UK nationals. Dee can't be refused entry because she is still American. There is no Covid test requirement for US internal flights and Dallas has over 400,000 cases of Covid. That scared the bejesus oot o me. It occurred to me that when she went through doors at Edinburgh Airport it might be the last time I saw her. Seeing the improvement in her mum we decided to put it back a month. Hopefully things will be better in a month and she can get a direct flight from UK to California. Got a feeling her stepdad will be glad of the help after caring for maw on his own for a month. Everyone on a direct flight will have a negative test.
Short term her mum and step dad are on the mend. Not sure what the long term consequences will be though.

Back