Cost of Living Crisis

Out fior a wee afternoon bite to eat with the gaffer, ( she's ever so pleased with her new wallpaper ) . Passing our local petrol station and noticed diesel at 199,9 a litre.
2 quid a litre ! Luckily there's a couple of supermarkets with fuel available.
Times they are a changing

HH 😂

Attachments

• E87672E5-05C0-4E88-A170-57B9F11C95E9.jpeg
    E87672E5-05C0-4E88-A170-57B9F11C95E9.jpeg
    59 KB · Views: 2
Out fior a wee afternoon bite to eat with the gaffer, ( she's ever so pleased with her new wallpaper ) . Passing our local petrol station and noticed diesel at 199,9 a litre.
2 quid a litre ! Luckily there's a couple of supermarkets with fuel available.
Isn’t it feckin remarkable tho, that when the price of oil fell thru the floor it took an eternity for the reduction to pass onto the forecourts….yet here we have prices like this inside 3 weeks when the reserves haven’t been depleted yet?
Nae wonder BP and Shell report 15 billion profits just for a feckin quarter year…😡

Isn’t it feckin remarkable tho, that when the price of oil fell thru the floor it took an eternity for the reduction to pass onto the forecourts….yet here we have prices like this inside 3 weeks when the reserves haven’t been depleted yet?
Nae wonder BP and Shell report 15 billion profits just for a feckin quarter year…😡
Spot on B4L. Simply profiteering, no more, no less.

Cook fae Scratch like yer maw and her maw did,always check the supermarket price by weight they’re sneaky feckers and some times it’s cheaper to buy 2 individual items than a pack of 2 check the lower shelves all the high margin stuff is at eye level they call this the golden line,I always do 3 comparison sites when a contract or policy is due stock up when stuff that keeps is on offer keep your freezer full it’s more efficient even if it’s stuffed wi 10p loafs fae the discount section and finally for more money saving tips forget Martin Lewis watch Tam Mullen in Still Game

Cook fae Scratch like yer maw and her maw did,always check the supermarket price by weight they’re sneaky feckers and some times it’s cheaper to buy 2 individual items than a pack of 2 check the lower shelves all the high margin stuff is at eye level they call this the golden line,I always do 3 comparison sites when a contract or policy is due stock up when stuff that keeps is on offer keep your freezer full it’s more efficient even if it’s stuffed wi 10p loafs fae the discount section and finally for more money saving tips forget Martin Lewis watch Tam Mullen in Still Game
Excellent Micky 😂👍

Yeah mate, makes the fixed fare and distance hires torture.
Know exactly what you mean re fixed fare jobs 50. Big worry for you blokes too if this continues. As people's disposable income decreases, they look for ways to cut their cloth. That can mean fewer
nights out, fewer pints, fewer taxis. Worked through several recessions in my time. Can only hope this whole shitshow doesn't last too long.

:unsure: See how you go along the aisles in the supermakets not aldi or lidl and the top shelfs are full of boxes n packs of stuff on display below ,,,,well if maybe 4 or 5 of them were picked up and scanned through the self service till by mistake right enough
you would find a pack of 24 cost the same price of a single item ,,,,,same barcode

:oops:just sayin like ,,,,,Wednesdays at shift change is the best time ,,,,;)up the free folk

I Burn wood stoves usually put the gas on in the mornings for a few hours till the temps up then switched off till last few hours at night si i'm kinda ok unless we run out of trees
although i know where there's a load of tyres :ROFLMAO:

:unsure: See how you go along the aisles in the supermakets not aldi or lidl and the top shelfs are full of boxes n packs of stuff on display below ,,,,well if maybe 4 or 5 of them were picked up and scanned through the self service till by mistake right enough
you would find a pack of 24 cost the same price of a single item ,,,,,same barcode

:oops:just sayin like ,,,,,Wednesdays at shift change is the best time ,,,,;)up the free folk

I Burn wood stoves usually put the gas on in the mornings for a few hours till the temps up then switched off till last few hours at night si i'm kinda ok unless we run out of trees
Always suspected you were a tight arse

That top shelf thing is like a super BOGOF deal 😂
I had an open fires years ago plastic milk cartons made good fire lighters

Think I will be going back to to throwing another jacket I mean cover on the bed at night, just like we used to do as weans when it was cold.
Used to go up to my Grand-daddy's on Paddy's night, 50.

Faux ermine, lamb, sable and skunk on that bed. Mair togs there than the entire stock of Mountain Warehouse put together. Throw in the thermo-nuclear power of the poitin and you were sorted for the rest of year, mate.

Back