Cost of Living Crisis

Ma point exactly mate!!hard enuff walking in the park during the day!!
It’s a fuckin crazy idea!!how much money you think it would cost to run electric cable threw city parks plus lights then upkeep for the next century?just so weirdos don’t walk into trees!!snp trying to appease toffs,,coz it certainly isny the roughnecks a live next to that want to wander roon the park in the wee small oors?they want it dark😕

It’s a fuckin crazy idea!!how much money you think it would cost to run electric cable threw city parks plus lights then upkeep for the next century?just so weirdos don’t walk into trees!!snp trying to appease toffs,,coz it certainly isny the roughnecks a live next to that want to wander roon the park in the wee small oors?they want it dark😕
Moneys being wasted on far less important things than new lights in parks.If it makes walkers/joggers feel safer why not?

Moneys being wasted on far less important things than new lights in parks.If it makes walkers/joggers feel safer why not?
Spend it on food banks!!so wits next people want to visit there loved ones graves at night,,so light up cemetery’s!!!no trying to be argumentative but this is not about walkers ‘n’ joggers of which I’m one!!this is about votes,,a couldn’t guess how much that wid cost...a guarantee one thing it’ll get trialed in kelvingrove then no where else...money talks tony.

buy a padlock and get the lycra crowd to getoff the streets early ,,,,,,money saved
I can remember the times when the park gates got locked or the swings were chained up, all the play equipment including the football goal posts were removed every winter, can’t understand why people want to walk about in a park at night anyway, be they men or women, yir asking for trouble….there a lot of “bad” people out there, the weirdo’s, muggers, flashers etc…..stay away from them

Money saving tips by the glove
1) dont drive
2) don’t drive
3) hardly leave the hoose
4) drink spirits you get drunk quicker and fall asleep quicker
5) go tae your maws on a Sunday with weans fir that 1 proper meal you eat a week
6) get dad tae pick you up to save on taxis
7) get dad tae drap weans aff tae the cow that is the ex
8) get dad tae drop you aff hame with the 27 litres of lentil soup your mums made you
9) make a sandwich for supper with the leftover roast beef your mum gave you
10) go to bed as soon as you get in cos your as bloated as a priests bawsack should be

Last edited:
Slowly but surely, we are returning to Victorian days.
The have’s and have nots.
The roads, the cars, the holidays, the fancy shops, even houses, will just be for the upper class.
The plebs will have to work longer and harder for less and less, things we take for granted now being priced out of range.
The divide, the gap is widening all the time.
I feel heart sorry for my grand weans….

Money saving tips by the glove
1) dont drive
2) don’t drive
3) hardly leave the hoose
4) drink spirits you get drunk quicker and fall asleep quicker
5) go tae your maws on a Sunday with weans fir that 1 proper meal you eat a week
6) get dad tae pick you up to save on taxis
7) get dad tae drap weans aff tae the cow that is the ex
8) get dad tae drop you aff hame with the 27 litres of lentil soup your mums made you
9) make a sandwich for supper with the leftover roast beef your mum gave you
10) go to bed as soon as you get in cos your as bloated as a priests bawsack should be
Very wise 😁

I got a letter from the Hydro today about price rises. It’s out with their control there’s nothing they can do they said.
I checked the old kWH price against the new price. It’s gone up 34%.
The shocker for me was the standing charge. It was 31.74p per day. The new standing charge is 54.96p per day. An increase of 73%.

Back