Cost of Living Crisis

I got a letter from the Hydro today about price rises. It’s out with their control there’s nothing they can do they said.
I checked the old kWH price against the new price. It’s gone up 34%.
The shocker for me was the standing charge. It was 31.74p per day. The new standing charge is 54.96p per day. An increase of 73%.
I’m with British Gas their prices are up 54% and their profit up by 44%,greedy profiteering bastards the lot of them

Money saving tips by the glove
1) dont drive
2) don’t drive
3) hardly leave the hoose
4) drink spirits you get drunk quicker and fall asleep quicker
5) go tae your maws on a Sunday with weans fir that 1 proper meal you eat a week
6) get dad tae pick you up to save on taxis
7) get dad tae drap weans aff tae the cow that is the ex
8) get dad tae drop you aff hame with the 27 litres of lentil soup your mums made you
9) make a sandwich for supper with the leftover roast beef your mum gave you
10) go to bed as soon as you get in cos your as bloated as a priests bawsack should be
As an actor did you ever play I Claudius character
Called Titus Cuntis
Askin fur Tony he made me dae it 😂

HH 😂

I got a letter from the Hydro today about price rises. It’s out with their control there’s nothing they can do they said.
The shocker for me was the standing charge. It was 31.74p per day. The new standing charge is 54.96p per day. An increase of 73%.
I can understand the kWh price increase, but the standing charge, that’s just bending you over, throwing it up there with no lube and not even huving the common curtesy of giving you a wee reach around 😱

Got mines today via email....looks like I'm gonna be paying an extra £83 a month combined. Robbing bassas. ☹

Just got my price hike on gas and leccy. Extra £100 a month. Fan-fucking-tastic. Council tax gone up extra £10 a month. Fuel is up to £1.89 a litre at my local station and its going up every day. Suppose it could be worse. We could be in the Ukraine. My daughters are happy and healthy and as long as they've got food in their bellies and a roof over their heads, that's all that matters to me.....my dad and mum grew up in the old flats of Blackhill....and god only knows what my nanas and grandas situation, and theirs before them, were like. We adapt and survive. And most of us a better people for it 😁

Just got my price hike on gas and leccy. Extra £100 a month. Fan-fucking-tastic. Council tax gone up extra £10 a month. Fuel is up to £1.89 a litre at my local station and its going up every day. Suppose it could be worse. We could be in the Ukraine. My daughters are happy and healthy and as long as they've got food in their bellies and a roof over their heads, that's all that matters to me.....my dad and mum grew up in the old flats of Blackhill....and god only knows what my nanas and grandas situation, and their before them, were like. We adapt and survive. And most of us a better people for it 😁
It’s true Lubo count your blessings there’s a lot far worse off than us,but it’s still a cunt being shafted in the pocket left right and centre

It’s true Lubo count your blessings there’s a lot far worse off than us,but it’s still a cunt being shafted in the pocket left right and centre
Very true. Just need to find the small positives in the absolute shit show of a situation we find ourselves in at the moment.I find myself hoping to get out of hour call-outs these days when I used to pray my work phone would stay quiet!

Just got my price hike on gas and leccy. Extra £100 a month. Fan-fucking-tastic. Council tax gone up extra £10 a month. Fuel is up to £1.89 a litre at my local station and its going up every day. Suppose it could be worse. We could be in the Ukraine. My daughters are happy and healthy and as long as they've got food in their bellies and a roof over their heads, that's all that matters to me.....my dad and mum grew up in the old flats of Blackhill....and god only knows what my nanas and grandas situation, and theirs before them, were like. We adapt and survive. And most of us a better people for it 😁
Spot on Lubo ...many of us remember the days when times were tight shall we say but as you say we could be a whole lot worse off as is obvious re the times we re currently living in .....adapt we will mate and remain strong for our families. 👍🍀

Yeah mate, makes the fixed fare and distance hires torture.
I'm coming across an awful lot of unhappy taxi drivers of late now that Glasgo-cabs have taken over hampden, rutherglen and most of the Southside taxis.
From what I hear it's an irish guy , drivers are scared to say much but the council have allowed a monopoly on the taxis is what it sounds like to me

I'm coming across an awful lot of unhappy taxi drivers of late now that Glasgo-cabs have taken over hampden, rutherglen and most of the Southside taxis.
From what I hear it's an irish guy , drivers are scared to say much but the council have allowed a monopoly on the taxis is what it sounds like to me
Being aff the drink for years, I’m always the designated driver, never been in a taxi for years, but know the criminal/drug dealers have moved in, its an easy way to launder money, just like ice cream vans, snack vans and sun bed shops were

I'm sure we all know that the expected price hike from your energy company is expected to be around 54% from the 1st April and a further 24% in October.
That is gonna be a shock to us all when you see your new bills.
Hopefully Spring sees a return to decent temperatures and weather.
Make sure you get accurate meter readings on 31st March to ensure you are not getting overcharged at the new price hike rates when your next bill comes in.
Maybe look into how you can reduce energy usage re temp controls on both boilers and thermostats.
My main priority will be to save money elsewhere to offset some of the impact of this price increase in energy.
No bombardment Mag, but the tax revenues, in all the various forms, should mean we don’t have to choose. Unfortunately this conservative government have spent the last 12 years ramping up the theft of what our labour delivers for themselves and their cronies. And they never have to choose between food or fuel or well lit streets!

Last edited:
Back