DERMOT DESMOND

I'm putting this out to Imatim and TheGreatOne.

I have enjoyed and admired both of your contributions on this portal, I don't have any skin in this particular game and I am a wee bit naive in many aspects.

I am firmly of the opinion that because of the impressive contributions made by many of the members, then this site will find itself subject to attack by those who are determined to undermine the topical points.

I'm not sure that this is the case in this instance, fellas.

I feel that this is one of those occasions where the message gets lost in interpretation. If this line of conversation takes place in the pub, it is easier to clarify the details and any confusion quickly drifts into the ether.

One of my particular problems, is that I have a tendency to read between the lines and not focus on the black and white.

I post comments in real time and it is only after posting that I realised that I have not clearly put across the points I was intending to.

I'm sure that this may just be a misunderstanding and I would urge you both to take stock and examine your collective thoughts.

I'm sure you'll find some common features.

HH
Nothing wrong with reading between the lines SP, sometimes that's where you find the wee golden nuggets mate.

Thanks SP. I also enjoy reading the good works of both Imatim and TheGreatOne. I appreciate that we do not always agree and are not frightening to say so. It is the diversity that brings colour to this place.
On occasion I have had to edit a post as I have seen how it might be misconstrued. I suspect that we have two clever minds that have simply misconstrued the intended message.......it happens.
I cannot even spell Armageddon, but it's not the end of the world.

Let me quote you once again and the answers and requests I asked of you previously...

You On the flip side, people can’t just be a bit of a fanny?

Me Well obviously according to you they certainly can...I quote you from a previous post you made highlighted below

You "I get that, that’s more to do with JJ being a bit of a fanny than anything else though. He’ll be shouted down by his fans if he does play, so like you say he may not. Only to his own detriment."

Me You must subscribe to the Bobby Madden school of thought then. Ie "Morelos is just a wee bit daft" I'm sure the similar type of mindset is not lost on people.

You I have no issue with people believing in a deep rooted conspiracy and understand why - however - the posturing that anyone who doesn’t cannot be a real fan, and only you know what’s right, is when it gets a bit ridiculous.

Me If you care to show me where/when I have stated that only I know what's right etc, that would be appreciated.
You have made a definitive statement regarding myself. Show me and everyone else the evidence of your allegations. Or are you making things up to suit your purpose?

You JJ played his ticket. Secco will benefit, so what? He is also in cahoots with the SFA and Refs to ensure we are damaged?
Me Why did you feel the need to add the SFA and the refs in to matters? Because I didn't mention them regarding JJ the Hun. Only you did!
I do believe it's called altering the narrative to suit the agenda and where do we regularly come across this?

So it is abundantly clear you refused to produce any evidence to support your allegations that only I know what's right and I quote you again... "posturing that anyone who doesn’t cannot be a real fan, and only you know what’s right, is when it gets a bit ridiculous"

You made a personal allegation against me. Why don't you show me and everyone's else the evidence to support your allegation? Is it because you're hiding? Surely you can support what you say? I'm betting you obfuscate or don't answer because you can't.

Some of what you have put down we’re your thoughts and opinions, of me in some instances, I didn’t realise you were awaiting a response as there was no question asked.

Please bear in mind you’re asking me to do this and that when you have already said what I subscribe to and started off the conversation with direct reference to corruption and how could anyone not believe it - that’s why the SFA and refs are included.

Anyway, as the previous poster has very well put, it’s clearly not going anywhere so I’m happy to leave it here and save everyone else have to suffer on through it.

Some of what you have put down we’re your thoughts and opinions, of me in some instances, I didn’t realise you were awaiting a response as there was no question asked.

No question asked!!! You are very clearly mistaken

Please bear in mind you’re asking me to do this and that when you have already said what I subscribe to and started off the conversation with direct reference to corruption and how could anyone not believe it - that’s why the SFA and refs are included.

So you admit it was you that added the SFA and the refs to the discussion. Why would you infer then it was part of what I was saying when it clearly wasn't?

Anyway, as the previous poster has very well put, it’s clearly not going anywhere so I’m happy to leave it here and save everyone else have to suffer on through it.

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest....and you still haven't shown me and everyone else the evidence where you stated "that only I know what's right"

Why do you keep refusing to answer simple questions?

If you attack someone's character you need to be prepared to justify your actions...that surely isn't too hard to come to terms with.

Come on do your Level best to explain why you felt the need to say the things you did. Please

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest....and you still haven't shown me and everyone else the evidence where you stated "that only I know what's right"

Why do you keep refusing to answer simple questions?

If you attack someone's character you need to be prepared to justify your actions...that surely isn't too hard to come to terms with.

Come on do your Level best to explain why you felt the need to say the things you did. Please

Pretty much summed it up in the last post and as much as I don’t have the care for conspiracy theories, I also don’t have it to petty quarrels. We’ve both said our bit and put our points of view across, that’s how it should be left.

Pretty much summed it up in the last post and as much as I don’t have the care for conspiracy theories, I also don’t have it to petty quarrels. We’ve both said our bit and put our points of view across, that’s how it should be left.
I also do not believe in conspiracies and i believe Celtic have to now stand up and call the medias bluff and ask them what is all this same club nonesense, you cheated and now you want to be billy big baws no happenning pal and heres your new clubs first managers quotes.

mccoist were doomed.jpg

You were given ample opportunity to support your allegations and you chose to obsfucate and plead the 5th.....Hmmmm?

You were given ample opportunity to support your allegations and you chose to obsfucate and plead the 5th.....Hmmmm?

Yes - I have chose to avoid a drawn out thing between two people with vastly different opinions when it’s clear it isn’t going to come out as anything healthy.

I also do not believe in conspiracies and i believe Celtic have to now stand up and call the medias bluff and ask them what is all this same club nonesense, you cheated and now you want to be billy big baws no happenning pal and heres your new clubs first managers quotes.

View attachment 984

Questions should be asked quite rightly Boab, the way things are run are despicable in the very least.

Yes - I have chose to avoid a drawn out thing between two people with vastly different opinions when it’s clear it isn’t going to come out as anything healthy.

Like I said....obsfucation and pleading the 5th......what does that remind me of...Hmmm?

I bet you all that if he is played against Sevco, that he will score an absolute belter........ into his own net followed by jumping into their end in another CL winning celebration.

It’s already happened, we just need to catch up on the space/time continuam.

Who decides what's stoopid?

HH?
Its funny you should ask that because sometimes its the reverse of your statement that is applied.sometimes its a case of who decides who is stoopid and not what.
Example on another site more diplomaic than most run of the mill sites fans of all clubs are catered for but here is an example of a higher mind statement and you decide who wants to pull th wool over the eyes and nothing to see.
"
Darkbeforedawn 7th January 2019 at 10:54

To me Beaton is just a very very poor referee. Rangers fans coined the phrase ‘cheatin Beaton’ after one particularly woeful game where he sent off one of our players and booked a further 8, whilst only giving Hibs 3 yellows for what was a relatively clean match. The minute his name was announced for the last game the Rangers forums were awash with “well that’s us lost this game even before its started”. He can’t possibly be biased towards both Celtic and Rangers yet depending on what site you read that’s exactly the conspiracy theories posted. A woeful woeful referee but certainly no conspiracy."

Whats wrong here is there is no conspiarcy now and the theory is also evident for a it to not become a mere conspiracy. What may have started as hunch with both set of fans became settled as to were the lay of the land lay with this dude.
When you officiate a game that has backfired and it has seen one club disadvantaged, the first thing you would want to do is not add fuel to any fires, you would not nip off to a loyalist pub for a few with the locals who are celebrating not only a victory, but indeeed, your christmas gift and performance. So the question is who decides we are stupid and willnot see this in fullness.

No idea but I hope it puts your mind at ease and allows you to carry on your day (y)

Makes allegations with no supporting evidence....deflects from questions he can't answer so as not to embarrass himself...and then hides behind a quite ridiculous and flippant retort...Aye very good!

Telling the truth is obviously too traumatic a step for you to take.

Shameful but expected (n)

Makes allegations with no supporting evidence....deflects from questions he can't answer so as not to embarrass himself...and then hides behind a quite ridiculous and flippant retort...Aye very good!

Telling the truth is obviously too traumatic a step for you to take.

Shameful but expected (n)

Really is getting a bit ridiculous now Imatim. If it’s the last word or to feel like you’ve really shown me then cool, I’ll call it quits and let you do your thing.

Really is getting a bit ridiculous now Imatim. If it’s the last word or to feel like you’ve really shown me then cool, I’ll call it quits and let you do your thing.

I don't need to have the last word.....so answer the questions I've asked of you a number of times truthfully which you've refused to answer to date (yea I know, I know) and I'll leave the last word with you (y)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back