Did Howe bottle it?

Well unfortunately I am old enough to remember Wim from his playing days - not quite the Feyenoord final but the 74 World Cup. 😮😀
I do get your point and if he does end up being our manager then I would love nothing more than this time next year that you’re digging me out over my doubts and I’ll quite happily tuck in to a large slice of humble pie!
But at the moment this whole thing stinks of Lawwell keeping his grubby mits on power, and with all the stuff kicking about the uefa licence, it just would not surprise me that Kennedy or Keane end up being unveiled.
Whilst of course I dont want to be any older than I already am 🤫 I do envy you and others who got to see the great great Celtic sides of that era. I/We have been blessed with the successes weve witnessed over the past decade and the Larsson era. You wont be alone salopCelt I too will be eating humble pie as I'm not convinced about Ange P either. I am convinced that the J- league is of a high standard and that the Asian game in general especially in Japan, South Korea and China have caught up and possibly overtaken many of the European divisions. We are a hard to please bunch but if a manager gets it right at paradise his stock will rocket. I cant wait until the lawell exit which is very close now. If DD has any sense he shouldnt allow lawell anywhere near this appointment it should fall on the remit of McKay with help from those in the know about all things football rather than numbers and finance. I posted earlier the new manager will need a thick skin. There are countless talented managers out there who would jump at the chance of managing a club such as Celtic and the opportunity to take on slippy must also be appealing to such a manager. Personally I wouldnt be against Dan Petrescu who has done amazing things for Cluj on a shoestring budget compared to Celtic's. We wait and we wait and I pray that we get this appointment right. I think that we have dodged the proverbial bullet in Howe ( whom I also wanted). He was never box office to me though talented yes. Keane is more box office than Howe but we all know the noises opinions on Keane being appointed. I'm sure that sentiment is echoed by the Celtic majority. If it is to be Keane he will get my unwavering support especially since he obviously is desperate for the job. Still we must be realistic and recognise that it wont be a Rodgers type appointment but the board ( old board) surprised us all with that one hopefully they can do something similar this time HH

Members online

No members online now.

Back