Directors

It's not the TV companies that are only interested in the 4 Glasgow derbies ...it's the people in this country would rather watch English games (if people watched other Scottish games then companies would pay more) other than that your post was spot on mate ...west ham Vs spurs would have audience from fans from every team in that league watching that game but sadly that's not the case in scotland (our TV deal tbh is probably the best we could get at present)
A remember Barry Hearn asked for Doncaster’s job,,said he wasn’t promoting it correctly and that he would bring in millions??the guy was serious but the fuckin media up here made a big joke of it…..

You've short memories. We've got a shit deal because back when we signed up with Setanta (only us the huns and Aberdeen were against it), Sky had offered a better deal than we have now. Then when Setanta went tits up the SPL, as it was then, had to go back cap in hand and take any shite offer Sky felt they could get away with.
It was the small minded greedy minor club chairmen that was the cause of our shite deal so fuck em. And fuck em if they are losing money because they'd rather have a half empty stadium than see their ground full of tims. No sympathy from me.
Well said👍

You've short memories. We've got a shit deal because back when we signed up with Setanta (only us the huns and Aberdeen were against it), Sky had offered a better deal than we have now. Then when Setanta went tits up the SPL, as it was then, had to go back cap in hand and take any shite offer Sky felt they could get away with.
It was the small minded greedy minor club chairmen that was the cause of our shite deal so fuck em. And fuck em if they are losing money because they'd rather have a half empty stadium than see their ground full of tims. No sympathy from me.
And Sky are still sticking the knife after all these years out of spite. And they know there is little Scottish fitba are prepared to do about it. We brought it on ourselves and got too greedy.

A remember Barry Hearn asked for Doncaster’s job,,said he wasn’t promoting it correctly and that he would bring in millions??the guy was serious but the fuckin media up here made a big joke of it…..
Barry Hearn had a lot of excellent ideas to better promote Scottish football. And he has a proven track record in how best to promote a sport to unbelievable heights.

There were a lot of big changes he proposed but also small things that would promote a better looking spectacle for viewers. Wee things like changing the tv camera platform to be opposite the biggest/fullest stand so it looked like there were bigger crowds. Pittodrie is a good example where the tv would show a packed South stand rather than the shitty decrepit 1940s Main Stand tey show just now.

Obviously there were more fundamental changes than that but that is an easy one.

And Sky are still sticking the knife after all these years out of spite. And they know there is little Scottish fitba are prepared to do about it. We brought it on ourselves and got too greedy.
Back then, there was no alternative to Sky. Today we have other options, even Amozon are putting certain games even EPL games, on their format, for Prime subscribers of course. Its a different world in a few short years. Sky has the monopoly as far as catchment viewers goes, and we have to be realistic, they only show non Glasgow Derbys to get the Glasgow Derbys. Its a big seller for them, Worldwide, as in advertising they can sell before, during and after.
Put it this way, if they could, they would dump the rest.
The thing is, we need the rest, without them there is no Premiership.
We're not the only League in this situation, its a fact of life in most. Spain, Germany, Holland, France, Belgium, probably South America and beyond.
That is why the EPL is the biggest market, theres more than two teams could possibly win it.
We have a market of Supporters around the World, as do the Huns. But its the floating not aligned viewers who will watch what they are after.
Thats why they (sky) are in the driving seat, because there is simply no alternative.
At the moment.

P.S. I know i contradicted myself by saying there are more alternatives to sky now, but they have vastly more subscribers than Amazon, Viaplay, etc.

Last edited:
If we could get more money on offer than current deal with sky then I'm pretty sure we would have it signed.....Scottish football has went backwards the past 15 years and other leagues have got stronger especially the premiership (arsenal fan TV has more YouTube subscribers than Celtic have with all our social media channels put together twitter Facebook YouTube etc) no one is paying big money for our league at present (plus more folk use fire sticks than actually pay for sky nowadays) .....having 3 Scottish teams in European group stage is massive tho and that will definitely help our league in future......if league gets more exciting more smaller teams win the odd cup that would help and also rangers challenging us (even tho we all want to win league every year of course)......I agree with teams like st mirren that don't want there staduim full of away fans then it's like an away game for them .....pretty sure we wouldn't want to play Aberdeen at celtic park with more Aberdeen fans in stadium because we dont have the fanbase to fill it for every game (if the teams decide to do it for money reasons then that's fair play but it's up to them)

Back then, there was no alternative to Sky. Today we have other options, even Amozon are putting certain games even EPL games, on their format, for Prime subscribers of course. Its a different world in a few short years. Sky has the monopoly as far as catchment viewers goes, and we have to be realistic, they only show non Glasgow Derbys to get the Glasgow Derbys. Its a big seller for them, Worldwide, as in advertising they can sell before, during and after.
Put it this way, if they could, they would dump the rest.
The thing is, we need the rest, without them there is no Premiership.
We're not the only League in this situation, its a fact of life in most. Spain, Germany, Holland, France, Belgium, probably South America and beyond.
That is why the EPL is the biggest market, theres more than two teams could possibly win it.
We have a market of Supporters around the World, as do the Huns. But its the floating not aligned viewers who will watch what they are after.
Thats why they (sky) are in the driving seat, because there is simply no alternative.
At the moment.

P.S. I know i contradicted myself by saying there are more alternatives to sky now, but they have vastly more subscribers than Amazon, Viaplay, etc.
Yip - there are many alternatives to Sky. That was why it was so baffling that Doncaster was desperate to rush through a contract extension more than a year early tying us to a shitty deal through to 2029. It was almost as if he had an ulterior motive in doing this deal that maybe wasn't just for the benefit of the SPFL...

If we could get more money on offer than current deal with sky then I'm pretty sure we would have it signed.....Scottish football has went backwards the past 15 years and other leagues have got stronger especially the premiership (arsenal fan TV has more YouTube subscribers than Celtic have with all our social media channels put together twitter Facebook YouTube etc) no one is paying big money for our league at present (plus more folk use fire sticks than actually pay for sky nowadays) .....having 3 Scottish teams in European group stage is massive tho and that will definitely help our league in future......if league gets more exciting more smaller teams win the odd cup that would help and also rangers challenging us (even tho we all want to win league every year of course)......I agree with teams like st mirren that don't want there staduim full of away fans then it's like an away game for them .....pretty sure we wouldn't want to play Aberdeen at celtic park with more Aberdeen fans in stadium because we dont have the fanbase to fill it for every game (if the teams decide to do it for money reasons then that's fair play but it's up to them)
How many of those Arsenal 'fans' are actually English? Or even from the UK? Probably far eastern, although i have no idea.
That leads me to the question, are WE buying up the best young talent in Scotland?
No, who was the last? Broony? Do we buy foreign players in the hope if they are successful we gain short term followers from that Country? No many viewers in Macedonia are there? Hmmm.

How many of those Arsenal 'fans' are actually English? Or even from the UK? Probably far eastern, although i have no idea.
That leads me to the question, are WE buying up the best young talent in Scotland?
No, who was the last? Broony? Do we buy foreign players in the hope if they are successful we gain short term followers from that Country? No many viewers in Macedonia are there? Hmmm.
I know they are not all arsenal fans but it shows u even fans from other clubs have interest (that's why are TV deal will never get to the level of the big leagues) we simply don't have the audience...man utd played in Edinburgh for a friendly and attracted more fans than both Edinburgh sides put together...we got good crowd in Dublin vs wolves but teams in England sell out the Aviva (when we played Liverpool in dublin it was embarrassing the split in crowd)...so we need to get this better TV deal out our heads....we can still definitely spend more than we have done recently especially with champion league money and stop spending 10 million on 5 players and buy 2 for 10 million....this myth Celtic and rangers have a global audience is false (we have fans world wide who watch games) but to have global audience you need non Celtic fans to watch us too and we simply don't

Oh poor PL. He must be crying himself to sleep every night on his mountain of £100 notes (that is what millionaires sleep on, isn't it?). An unnamed "someone" high up inside the club leaked this to a friendly churnalist;

Privately, Celtic are somewhat bemused by the vitriol being aimed at chairman and former chief executive Peter Lawwell over that, given he now has no part to play in the signing of players. Well, apart from his son being the head of recruitment."

And of course us reverting back to exactly the same transfer strategy we used before when he was running the show as soon as he returns and his son is over-promoted into a role he is incapable to doing means he is in the clear of any blame whatsoever!

Oh poor PL. He must be crying himself to sleep every night on his mountain of £100 notes (that is what millionaires sleep on, isn't it?). An unnamed "someone" high up inside the club leaked this to a friendly churnalist;

Privately, Celtic are somewhat bemused by the vitriol being aimed at chairman and former chief executive Peter Lawwell over that, given he now has no part to play in the signing of players. Well, apart from his son being the head of recruitment."

And of course us reverting back to exactly the same transfer strategy we used before when he was running the show as soon as he returns and his son is over-promoted into a role he is incapable to doing means he is in the clear of any blame whatsoever!
Monkeys and organ grinders spring to mind.

you want new board

i dont blame board i blame sky

but im quite happy to get shot of board

but im pretty certain next board will be more like sevco

talk pisj and win less

also new board aint gonna fix rest of league competition strengths

so even with stronger players we possibly wont do better in europe by much if at all

why?

coz even with henrik sutton et al

much stronger team than we have right now and especially relative to european competition then and now

even with that superior team if they played for old wages way back then we probably dont do that well in europe coz back then other than odd season we lost early even then so playing against 10 stooges on the line every game aint gonna prepare you for europe even with messi in team

besides messi wouldnt get game under rodgers he goes forward

But that team we had back then in this market would be on way over 10 times wages we paid back then probably couldnt get larsson today on less than 10 million a year wages

And even if we had lrsson now i suspect rodgers wouldnt pass it to him

A left a left a left right left.
a new board will bring in new , fresh ideas. Its why big businesses change board members every 3-5 years.
Maybe new board members will look to hire the best people for roles at the club instead of giving jobs to their kids.
A new board might want to be more ambitious and instead of 8 project players in the summer only 1 or 2 with 2 or 3 experienced players.
You sound as if you would settle for blowing sweet nothings into Peter Lawwell ear

Back