Directors

Regardless what anyone says we need a strong competitive league and that's including a strong rangers (that's why we have made champ league groups with them been strong in Europe)....I get frustrated losing the league because we buy cheap then it's annoying but Celtic fans especially past 10 years moan after we lose a couple of games and want the managers head and its absolutely mental....we need strong league so its exciting for the fans but also the players....we wont win league every year and soon it will be back to the way it always has been and it will be celtic and rangers sharing the trophies at different times.....the way some fans act now jock stein would have been sacked before the final with the amount of games he lost that season......we have won loads last decade but it was probably the weakest decade in the history of Scottish football so we can't take it for granted that we will win like that all the time .... certainly don't want rangers to win the uefa cup but I don't mind them getting to groups or knock outs as we benefit with the coefficient.....folk moan league is poor then when we lose they moan...same as the tv deal it's actually probably a fair deal for standard of league as most people from scotland will watch Manchester derby rather than dundee derby when on at same time ...your allowed to shout and moan but some folk take it too far

Regardless what anyone says we need a strong competitive league and that's including a strong rangers (that's why we have made champ league groups with them been strong in Europe)....I get frustrated losing the league because we buy cheap then it's annoying but Celtic fans especially past 10 years moan after we lose a couple of games and want the managers head and its absolutely mental....we need strong league so its exciting for the fans but also the players....we wont win league every year and soon it will be back to the way it always has been and it will be celtic and rangers sharing the trophies at different times.....the way some fans act now jock stein would have been sacked before the final with the amount of games he lost that season......we have won loads last decade but it was probably the weakest decade in the history of Scottish football so we can't take it for granted that we will win like that all the time .... certainly don't want rangers to win the uefa cup but I don't mind them getting to groups or knock outs as we benefit with the coefficient.....folk moan league is poor then when we lose they moan...same as the tv deal it's actually probably a fair deal for standard of league as most people from scotland will watch Manchester derby rather than dundee derby when on at same time ...your allowed to shout and moan but some folk take it too far
You’re absolutely bang on tommy but my personal gripe is how we play on the park mate!!the football side is all I’m interested in,I agree we need a strong hun( not too strong tho )also strong hibs,hearts,dons,dundees,,a don’t mind if the Huns are there or thereabouts as long as we play a brand of football that excites us the fans,and if you lose well you lose to a better side!!

You’re absolutely bang on tommy but my personal gripe is how we play on the park mate!!the football side is all I’m interested in,I agree we need a strong hun( not too strong tho )also strong hibs,hearts,dons,dundees,,a don’t mind if the Huns are there or thereabouts as long as we play a brand of football that excites us the fans,and if you lose well you lose to a better side!!
Yeah even back in the day hearts and Aberdeen etc winning the odd cup....I remember when we beat Dundee utd at Ibrox In a final it felt like an actual achievement....or when Martin won the treble it felt like once in a life time sort of thing but now the fans are just to used to having constant success and twitter etc is full of fans talking shit when majority of them probably dont even go to games (nothing against fans that dont go to games)....if we want more cash in Scotland we need it to be competitive and teams in Europe (conference league has been great success for hearts and Aberdeen)

Yeah even back in the day hearts and Aberdeen etc winning the odd cup....I remember when we beat Dundee utd at Ibrox In a final it felt like an actual achievement....or when Martin won the treble it felt like once in a life time sort of thing but now the fans are just to used to having constant success and twitter etc is full of fans talking shit when majority of them probably dont even go to games (nothing against fans that dont go to games)....if we want more cash in Scotland we need it to be competitive and teams in Europe (conference league has been great success for hearts and Aberdeen)
Correct mate,the joy of winning cups and leagues has definitely mellowed in some,maybe we’ve got a bit cocky with success.a remember a used to go awol when we won a trophy 🤣🤣,,like a said a don’t mind defeat so long as we are playing 100% our best then whoever beats us deserves credit,a just go into a darkened room,don’t read newspapers or watch tv…..🤣like a said a don’t mind🤣

How can you have a stronger league when corruption is endemic within it? The only way that can happen, is if all clubs cheat. Then the league can get stronger and the biggest cheating club wins it. Maybe I'm a cynic.

How can you have a stronger league when corruption is endemic within it? The only way that can happen, is if all clubs cheat. Then the league can get stronger and the biggest cheating club wins it. Maybe I'm a cynic.
This is why we need an independent person to overlook Scottish football, the same as in England, as you say our football is corrupt, run by the blazers who enjoy feeding at the trough, associations like the LRA who keep the brothers of the lodge keeping the scum in the game. HH

I’ve been told when ange went for the Asian players it was his own agent that done the deals that’s why there was no arsing around…hassle free..a still think ange fucked off earlier than planned because of the re-emergence of pistol pete??
Don't think he was knocking the Tottenham job back whether Lawwell was here or not .Still think theres another big job coming his way soon.

It is not just the board, but Scottish football in general, if the competition in our league was stronger then the board would be forced to change its current behavior. The 12 team league doesn't allow for the development of younger players the fact that TV companies are only interested in the 4 × Glasgow derbies keeps the current stagnant set-up in place. There are people who don't believe that there is any young talented Scottish players, but this isn't true. I believe that a bigger league without the 4 meetings a season would be good for us and good for Scottish football as well. If this where too happen then the board would have to look at an alternative to the belief in the "old firm". Then perhaps we could attract better TV money, better players and a better approach to European football. HH
It's not the TV companies that are only interested in the 4 Glasgow derbies ...it's the people in this country would rather watch English games (if people watched other Scottish games then companies would pay more) other than that your post was spot on mate ...west ham Vs spurs would have audience from fans from every team in that league watching that game but sadly that's not the case in scotland (our TV deal tbh is probably the best we could get at present)

It's not the TV companies that are only interested in the 4 Glasgow derbies ...it's the people in this country would rather watch English games (if people watched other Scottish games then companies would pay more) other than that your post was spot on mate ...west ham Vs spurs would have audience from fans from every team in that league watching that game but sadly that's not the case in scotland (our TV deal tbh is probably the best we could get at present)
In all honesty tommybhoy, I can't blame people for not watching teams, other than their own. Leaving football standards aside, you are limited to a choice of clubs, probably including your own, with thread worn carpet pitches (2), sectarian song fests (2+), half empty stadiums (most), punditry diahorrea (every match), hoofball and hammer throwing tactics (every match). Not a pretty picture. I would rather watch a decent horror movie. More appealing and less gory, than the vast majority of SPFL matches, Celtic excluded.

Last edited:
In all honesty tommybhoy, I can't blame people for not watching teams, other than their own. Leaving football standards aside you are limited to a choice of clubs probably including your own, with thread worn carpet pitches (2), sectarian song fests (2+), half empty stadiums (most), punditry diahorrea (every match), hoofball and hammer throwing tactics (every match). Not a pretty picture. I would rather watch a decent horror movie. More appealing than the vast majority of SPFL matches, Celtic excluded.
Definitely mate 100 percent....that's why we just need to accept we have probably the best tv deal what we can get ..... hopefully the league can maybe get to same standards as early 2000s then see what happens

Definitely mate 100 percent....that's why we just need to accept we have probably the best tv deal what we can get ..... hopefully the league can maybe get to same standards as early 2000s then see what happens
You've short memories. We've got a shit deal because back when we signed up with Setanta (only us the huns and Aberdeen were against it), Sky had offered a better deal than we have now. Then when Setanta went tits up the SPL, as it was then, had to go back cap in hand and take any shite offer Sky felt they could get away with.
It was the small minded greedy minor club chairmen that was the cause of our shite deal so fuck em. And fuck em if they are losing money because they'd rather have a half empty stadium than see their ground full of tims. No sympathy from me.

Back