Dom mckay and the new engagment with fan media

Again Craig, another outstanding response with very little there to disagree about.

I'm a dreamer though and how good would it be if we went into these 'markets' and just charmed them all with the love of the game and the principles upon which we were founded upon?

On the subject of being a dreamer, most of mine involve Shammy wearing her Hiawatha outfit and singing 'take me, I'm yours'
Thanks for the first part mate the 2nd has me on hold to a very expensive therapists haha nah I'm joking is this a spectators sport? 😁
I'm an optimist too mate why cant we? The outlook of nah it's too much or dodgy or what ever negative view people have just only served to hurt our club because we cant stand still in a forever changing world IMO. God bless 🍀

Mate I get the overall feeling for me I'm just hoping this will be the change upstairs and in the dressing room is what our club needed Ange wont mix his words and take heat for the board if they have promised him stuff and dont deliver he wont lay his head on that block I believe his moral compass is directed towards the fans as he knows that is the true heart beat of a club and he wants to leave legacies in clubs with tradition our club gives him that and a spring board to other should he deliver that is, as for mckay we have to sit back and watch with a close eye and if the fan engagement is a thing that keeps happening be ready to question any moves we dont either want or agree with.
The old days were pretty bad at most clubs. They were the personal fiefdom of the owners and they ruled without any sense of obligation to the fans.

The new world doesn't interest me too much, but I fully understand that every single club has to have a 'model' that can chase every business opportunity available and maximise interest in any other territories.

I have the sense that this fella McKay knows how to straddle both sides of the 'them and us' fence and knows how to politic with the business folk and the punters.

As I mentioned previously - dreamer's gotta dream and all that jazz

I know this should be on a totally different thread, but then again, sewing was never my forte, but what is the general consensus on who the next Club Captain should be ?
I'm a big fan of calum mcgregor or Julien I'm a big believer in it needs to be the spine so the message gets out what ever the captain is saying for him to be on the left wing of what ever or in goal for me is nuts

Well mckay said he's worked In Asia and Australia surely he will tap into revenue streams from that side of the world and the excitement in oz for ange can only be a good thing
He basicly done his apprenticeship over in north america bro that's a huge market where soccer is getting bigger and more people engaging but it's still not a great product we can give them that tradition that all those irish immigrants just cant say no to it's the old joke about them always singing about home but it was their grandad that immigrated lol theres markets to exploit even online fan media is doing higher numbers than most broadsheet writers pieces it's a forever changing world theres plenty money out there

He basicly done his apprenticeship over in north america bro that's a huge market where soccer is getting bigger and more people engaging but it's still not a great product we can give them that tradition that all those irish immigrants just cant say no to it's the old joke about them always singing about home but it was their grandad that immigrated lol theres markets to exploit even online fan media is doing higher numbers than most broadsheet writers pieces it's a forever changing world theres plenty money out there
Aye but he said he's worked in Japan and Australia aswell and the aussies are loving the fact ange is our gaffer alot of interest in us from that way now I'd imagine

I agree but I answered on the pretence he is leaving
The real shame of it is, is that if he were to stay then he has the genuine possibility of being remembered forever.

If he goes, then he becomes just another decent player that played for an inferior club who paid him more.

Can the likes of Leverkusen match his ambitions? Do they then just become another stepping stone for his next big pay day?

He has an opportunity to MEAN something at Celtic. If it was good enough for Henrik and The Lions, why shouldn't it be good enough for him?

(That's a rhetorical question, I just don't always understand why anyone would ever want to leave Celtic)

Last edited:
Aye but he said he's worked in Japan and Australia aswell and the aussies are loving the fact ange is our gaffer alot of interest in us from that way now I'd imagine
Agreed it's a market waiting for us too no argument from me there john bhoy it only serves to add to our club if we can see markets ripe for the picking surely dom will do too it's just a matter of investment into these specific structures which will take time I'm guessing that's why he kept saying for the next ten years in his replies

Kieran Tierney said on "Open Goal", with Simon Ferry, that after Broonie Callum McGregor was the most vocal in the dressing room and good for getting the troops up for the game.
It's a decent shout, Rich, but personally I like the type that stays a wee bit away from the madness and kicks a few erses when needs require.

I don't want my skipper to be my mate, I want him to be at my shoulder when I need a boost. CalMac doesn't seem to thrive under pressure. He's too involved and too pally wie the lads.

The real shame of it is, is that if he were to stay then he has the genuine possibility of being remembered forever.

If he goes, then he becomes just another decent player that played for an inferior club who paid him more.

Can the likes of Leverkusen match his ambitions? Do they then just become another stepping stone for his next big pay day?

He has an opportunity to MEAN something at Celtic. If it was good enough for Henrik and The Lions, why shouldn't it be good enough for him?

(That's a rhetorical question, I just don't always understand why anyone would ever want to leave Celtic)
Henrik had a better league and got the respect and admiration he deserved while here big clubs came for him unfortunately the league drove off a cliff and now we are where the hold just isnt there for even our young talents mate as for us playing for Celtic and becoming a legend is the pinnacle it's not for 95% who come through its glorious celtic way ....I know you said rhetorical question but I had to add my 2 scents mate

It's a decent shout, Rich, but personally I like the type that stays a wee bit away from the madness and kicks a few erses when needs require.

I don't want my skipper to be my mate, I want him to be at my shoulder when I need a boost. CalMac doesn't seem to thrive under pressure. He's too involved and too pally wie the lads.
This is why I had Julien my second a talker who the boys respect but not too close to the madness that his decision may be coloured great point mate but we shall have to wait and see if the armband uf given it makes his stature grow(calmac)

Back