Europa League predictor.

Just seen the BT highlights of theRangers game, the commentary is heralding it as the greatest victory for a Scottish club in modern history.
It certainly is for that club maybe the greatest European victory in their modern history so caught up in it the commentator makes a freudian slip.
What's really interesting though is the Kent disallowed goal.
That was a good goal and shouldve been 3-2. You get to see what the referee got to see on the replays sent by the VAR .
From the video the VAR sends and we see what the ref sees is inconclusive really and gives a very contentious free kick dissallowing the goal.
A few seconds later once play resumes we get to see another angle from behind.
This angle clearly shows the Dortmund defender kicks theRangers attacker and the goal should've stood.
So what's happened there?
The ref was there for a good few minutes but was shown repeats of the same angle.
I'm not cheerleading a chalked off theRangers goal of course but I think it's important to see how the VAR can adversely affect the outcome and still be manipulated .
Why wasnt the spanish referee shown the reverse angle before he made his decision?
Referees should be advised of this ' delay' possibility and use their common sense to recognise that they are seeing only one angle.
Very controversial and it is a great result for Scottish football but hardly the greatest of modern history, just that clubs , the one we recently thumped, Dortmund arent champions either.
Still both clubs have shown in Europe in recent years that Scottish football deserves its champions league place back .

Aw quality theres a youtube video of sally having a meltdown and the thunder is stolen " diabolical it's a scandalous decision " 😂 oh feel the pain for being denied the win on the night 😂 Derek Mcinnes with background sobbing.

aye hurry up am sure a had 6 exact ,,,,,,
Sorry about the delay - apparently this was caused cos tractor bhoy demanded a recount from Superbru as he claimed to have gotten 6 exact scores out of 8! Superbru checked and said NAW!

Well done to Stevie who claims this week's yellow sombrero. And shame for the People's Champ who gets to borrow the widden spoon (shared with Jinky & Asilverufc) from DILLIGAF until the next set of matches.

20220225_111704.jpg

==================================================================

20220225_111723.jpg20220225_111740.jpg20220225_111754.jpg

Just seen the BT highlights of theRangers game, the commentary is heralding it as the greatest victory for a Scottish club in modern history.
It certainly is for that club maybe the greatest European victory in their modern history so caught up in it the commentator makes a freudian slip.
What's really interesting though is the Kent disallowed goal.
That was a good goal and shouldve been 3-2. You get to see what the referee got to see on the replays sent by the VAR .
From the video the VAR sends and we see what the ref sees is inconclusive really and gives a very contentious free kick dissallowing the goal.
A few seconds later once play resumes we get to see another angle from behind.
This angle clearly shows the Dortmund defender kicks theRangers attacker and the goal should've stood.
So what's happened there?
The ref was there for a good few minutes but was shown repeats of the same angle.
I'm not cheerleading a chalked off theRangers goal of course but I think it's important to see how the VAR can adversely affect the outcome and still be manipulated .
Why wasnt the spanish referee shown the reverse angle before he made his decision?
Referees should be advised of this ' delay' possibility and use their common sense to recognise that they are seeing only one angle.
Very controversial and it is a great result for Scottish football but hardly the greatest of modern history, just that clubs , the one we recently thumped, Dortmund arent champions either.
Still both clubs have shown in Europe in recent years that Scottish football deserves its champions league place back .
Don't forget that they'd have got more (much needed) money for a win rather than the draw. Wee shame that.

Don't forget that they'd have got more (much needed) money for a win rather than the draw. Wee shame that.
I'm happy to hear that haha.
The concerns of VAR being introduced here is the reason why I brought this up.
Imagine the uproar if that was a Celtic goal at ibrokes chalked off after the referee has seen the same clip repeatedly , game restarts and suddenly another angle is available.
Many people on this forum and the wider Celtic and Scottish football fans have been voicing their concerns over the inevitable introduction of VAR to the game here.
It shows it can be manipulated and leaves the door open for corruption , something that is unlikely to be going our way.
What went wrong Idk, perhaps just a delay in getting the video angles to the ref though he did look for a few minutes.

I'm happy to hear that haha.
The concerns of VAR being introduced here is the reason why I brought this up.
Imagine the uproar if that was a Celtic goal at ibrokes chalked off after the referee has seen the same clip repeatedly , game restarts and suddenly another angle is available.
Many people on this forum and the wider Celtic and Scottish football fans have been voicing their concerns over the inevitable introduction of VAR to the game here.
It shows it can be manipulated and leaves the door open for corruption , something that is unlikely to be going our way.
What went wrong Idk, perhaps just a delay in getting the video angles to the ref though he did look for a few minutes.
did you notice ally mccoist suggested that all other angles are null and void till you find one the gives the right call

is it possible the weird angle afterthought was contrived by expert video team?

the time it takes ref to go over watch it gives experts enough time to jiggery the result if they wanted a certain outcome.

i actually thought morelos breakway and kent tap in was good goal

they were cheated

weird that morelos didnt fall flat on his face when he had chance to breakaway having been fouled :p

Var is lot of nonsense and it only helps whoever the var watching refs decide is their team for night

just more money for extra level of corruption

Sorry about the delay - apparently this was caused cos tractor bhoy demanded a recount from Superbru as he claimed to have gotten 6 exact scores out of 8! Superbru checked and said NAW!

Well done to Stevie who claims this week's yellow sombrero. And shame for the People's Champ who gets to borrow the widden spoon (shared with Jinky & Asilverufc) from DILLIGAF until the next set of matches.

View attachment 17845

==================================================================

View attachment 17846View attachment 17847View attachment 17848
Second place this week now thats a miracle !

Back