F@CK UEFA

I am not in favour of any protest tomorrow. Ignore the now weary and boring pageantry and commentary is my attitude. Focus on what tomorrow is really about. That is our football, supporting our team and club with all our energy. She was an irrelevance in my life, nothing has changed. I won't give her or her family a moments thought.

The ones I am referring to are the ones that people are quoting on here - mainly she/ her family controlled the armed forces etc - the monarchy has no say in political decision making. Thy have to keep their opinions to themselves - althogh we know she did not like Thatcher. As I said before in that respect they are irrelevant.
Don't recall anyone saying she 'controlled the armed forces' but she certainly was the head of the Brit armed forces and all members of said forces took an oath of allegiance to her so as such all War Crimes committed by said forces were done in her name. Therefore she was a War Criminal.
By all accounts the monarchy weren't that concerned with keeping 'their opinions to themselves' when it came to the potential skin tone of Meghan Windsor's child.

It’s pretty sad to read this thread
People who have an alternative view to others are being attacked and branded with a view that they don’t actually hold
It seems to suit the narrative
If you don’t say this you MUST be x,y or z
That’s the type of behaviour commonly associated with dictators, religious zealots, fascists, communists, etc I could go on, but that’s how they brainwashed the masses

Seems this last week we’ve somehow found disharmony when were flying as a club

I hope we represent our team and manager well tomorrow despite our views. As someone said earlier in the week sit on your hands for a minute then sing the soldier song. It’s not that hard
It's not every week an imperial icon becomes extinct.

That old 'divide and conquer' strategy used for about 2000 years by Catholicism and other religions? and Politicians throughout the world?
2 wrongs don’t make a right
But your correct history is littered by those who conquered through murder and enslavement

It's not every week an imperial icon becomes extinct.
And it’s not every week that we’re given an opportunity for our support to score the mother of own goals
We were a club that was formed out of genocide and racism to help those in need and are inclusive
Meantime the huns were formed for exclusion and division
Hopefully come noon tomorrow we ain’t being painted out to be something we’re not

And it’s not every week that we’re given an opportunity for our support to score the mother of own goals
We were a club that was formed out of genocide and racism to help those in need and are inclusive
Meantime the huns were formed for exclusion and division
Hopefully come noon tomorrow we ain’t being painted out to be something we’re not
It's a stick or twist scenario.
Celtic fans aren't going to applaud the queen of England.
Staying silent implies mourning.
Let The People Sing.

Don't recall anyone saying she 'controlled the armed forces' but she certainly was the head of the Brit armed forces and all members of said forces took an oath of allegiance to her so as such all War Crimes committed by said forces were done in her name. Therefore she was a War Criminal.
By all accounts the monarchy weren't that concerned with keeping 'their opinions to themselves' when it came to the potential skin tone of Meghan Windsor's child.
FFS

It seems that freedom of speech is ok but not when you say anything against the crown. If tomorrow the Celtic support do indeed sing their songs and chant their slogans against the crown, remember we have suffered the most brutality and downright thuggery of the crown forces for centuries. It's alright for others to say we are disrespectful to the crown but we have earned that right , and we will continue our right to express our hatred and distaste for everything the crown stands for. God bless republicans everywhere.🍀🍀

It's a stick or twist scenario.
Celtic fans aren't going to applaud the queen of England.
Staying silent implies mourning.
Let The People Sing.
Dont speak for all Celtic fans mate. I know you are a supporter of the now defunct and irrelevant IRA, but respect others who dont share your tainted view. I don't want to fight with you as I have said before but please stop making blanket statements and baseless assertions.

It seems that freedom of speech is ok but not when you say anything against the crown. If tomorrow the Celtic support do indeed sing their songs and chant their slogans against the crown, remember we have suffered the most brutality and downright thuggery of the crown forces for centuries. It's alright for others to say we are disrespectful to the crown but we have earned that right , and we will continue our right to express our hatred and distaste for everything the crown stands for. God bless republicans everywhere.🍀🍀
Ally. The main reason for the discord here seems to be that a small but vocal minority want to turn this FOOTBALL MATCH into an IRISH political rally. Why not take your protests to the streets of Dublin or Belfast and let the rest of us enjoy our weekend support of our favourite FOOTBALL team. This shit has gone on for too long and everybody is tiptoeing around the real subject for fear of upsetting the radicals among us. Just leave the politics for home. Rail against whoever you like .... AT HOME. in the toilet where it belongs.

Last edited:
Dont speak for all Celtic fans mate. I know you are a supporter of the now defunct and irrelevant IRA, but respect others who dont share your tainted view. I don't want to fight with you as I have said before but please stop making blanket statements and baseless assertions.
I was a supporter of the IRA but they no longer exist. So saying I am a supporter is like saying a Sevco supporter is a Rangers supporter.
There's nothing 'baseless' about any 'assertion' I have made.
I have no desire to fight either but am quite happy to debate.
So piss or get off the pot.

Ally. The main reason for the discord here seems to be that a small but vocal minority want to turn this FOOTBALL MATCH into a IRISH political rally. Why not take your protests to the streets of Dublin or Belfast and let the rest of us enjoy our weekend support of our favourite FOOTBALL team. This shit has gone on for too long and everybody is tiptoeing around the real subject for fear of upsetting the radicals among us. Just leave the politics for home. Rail against whoever you like .... AT HOME.
That's right, the crown did absolutely nothing in Scotland or anywhere else in the world which might promote protest against the mandatory mourning of an imperialist icon.
We'd all just jolly well get along in the most splendid and spiffing manner if it wasn't for those pesky Irish.

I am not in favour of any protest tomorrow. Ignore the now weary and boring pageantry and commentary is my attitude. Focus on what tomorrow is really about. That is our football, supporting our team and club with a our energy. She was an irrelevance in my life, nothing has changed. I won't give her or her family a moments thought.
I could've written your post myself POD; sums up my feelings to a tee !
Gonna go a wee bit further though.
I'm not one for censorship. I don't believe WC is either. However, we all have a choice. If for any reason we feel a thread has run it's courts, then, move on. That's what I'm now choosing to do.
I would, however, like to make clear, ( again ) my feelings regarding some things which ( in my opinion ), do nothing other than hold us back.
I am anti monarchy, but not to the point of hatred.
I do not hate anybody. No, not even sevco.
I struggle to understand why folk have political opinions which I find repugnant; but I fully support their right to hold those opinions.
In short I refuse to allow hatred to cripple my ability to accept things I don't understand.
At this late juncture in my life, I've come to realise the futility hatred. It's self-perpetuating. Solves nothing.
I have to be totally honest here, and admit my younger self would never have written the things above.
My love for our club is almost unconditional. We have a proud history of standing side by side with a generion/ generations of people who were inarguably oppressed. We should NEVER forget that.
But hatred is not a prerequisite of being a Celtic supporter. HH.

Ally. The main reason for the discord here seems to be that a small but vocal minority want to turn this FOOTBALL MATCH into a IRISH political rally. Why not take your protests to the streets of Dublin or Belfast and let the rest of us enjoy our weekend support of our favourite FOOTBALL team. This shit has gone on for too long and everybody is tiptoeing around the real subject for fear of upsetting the radicals among us. Just leave the politics for home. Rail against whoever you like .... AT HOME. in the toilet where it belongs.
Have you ever been to a political rally? I've been to a great many over the years and it's all to do with democracy,freedom to allow one's own view. As for leaving it in my toilet I would say to you to get off that high horse of yours and get a massive jot of reality.

I was a supporter of the IRA but they no longer exist. So saying I am a supporter is like saying a Sevco supporter is a Rangers supporter.
There's nothing 'baseless' about any 'assertion' I have made.
I have no desire to fight either but am quite happy to debate.
So piss or get off the pot.
So keep your IRA sympathies in your own country. The majority of Scottish people have no interest in what is gone and now irrelevant. We follow a football team for entertainment. By the way you make nothing but baseless assertions. I am also of the opinion that not all Irish supporters of Celtic support your beloved IRA either.

Back