Favourite Celtic Goal?

For someone who’s primary school years were a pretty barren time for us, Larsson’s goal against St Johnstone takes it for me. Settled the nerves and was a class finish.

Was it Tosh McKinley that flicked the free kick for a Di Canio volley, that sticks out for the cheeky factor lol.

Does anyone remember a goal at Somerset circa 77/78. I don't think it was televised.
Latchford (? ) long kick up the park, Edvalson header and Dixie Deans volleys it from 35 yards. I think we won 6-1 or so, so the actual goal was not as important as others, but a beauty nevertheless.
Hail Hail.

For someone who’s primary school years were a pretty barren time for us, Larsson’s goal against St Johnstone takes it for me. Settled the nerves and was a class finish.

Was it Tosh McKinley that flicked the free kick for a Di Canio volley, that sticks out for the cheeky factor lol.

That free kick wasn’t a goal just had a wee look for it ?. It hit the bar and it was against them, I was only 12 and it deserved a goal ?

HH

For me its my first cup final. Davie Provans free kick in the 1985 100th scottish cup final. Top corner a peach. I was on the terracing at the corner flag opposite main stand place went nuts ended 20 feet from where i was standing. Then Frankie bhoy threw himself at the ball for the second, his brother was a teacher in my secondary school at the time

My first cup final also, was 15 ?

Was desperate to go to that game game but me maw n da, who aren't football people, were adamant there would be trouble so on the floor in front of the telly with me shamrock rovers top on (present from me granny) My first experience of how we treat united in he cup ? The panic when they scored 1st then the astonishment of Provans beautiful kick then the sheer euphoria of Frankies header! Singing along in the Hoose 'FEED THE BEAR! FEED THE BEAR!...' Wonderful rampaging run n beautiful cross from big Roy! Christ! Its so good to be a Tim! ?

Hope you kept that Shamrock Rovers top Maestro ?

Hope you kept that Shamrock Rovers top Maestro ?
Of course, bud! Got a drawer with every top I've ever had? Been trawling it around with me wherever I've ended up as well as 2 bags of old vhs tapes I recorded games off the telly since the early 80s lol The super hoops
top was the 1st hoops I had as paranoid parents trying to look out forrus... They really weren't gin up on how it works in Glesga lmao

Of course, bud! Got a drawer with every top I've ever had? Been trawling it around with me wherever I've ended up as well as 2 bags of old vhs tapes I recorded games off the telly since the early 80s lol The super hoops
top was the 1st hoops I had as paranoid parents trying to look out forrus... They really weren't gin up on how it works in Glesga lmao
Years ago when I split up with the ex wife I was a bit of a player... for the amount of times I ended up with a couple of bin bags full of Celtic tops stashed in the works van I dunno how I managed to keep them all haha, my son has them all now for safe keeping

This'll probably get a bit if a reaction because of the scorer but Judas Johnston at love street the day we won the league. It was as good a goal as you'll ever see anywhere and also helped win a league on the final day of the season

Both goals by Collins and Mcstay at Ibrox in 2 nil win were both awesome. Especially the banana free kick by Collins

Anyone remember the 5th in the 7-0 pumping of Hearts in the 2013 SC?

The "Olé" chants as the ball gets passed around and then a screamer in off the bar from Lustig to make it 5-0 before half time.

My favourite goal (and I can't find any film of it on You Tube or anywhere else) goes back to September 4 1965 when we qualified from the League Cup section at Dens Park, Dundee. It was John Hughes who picked up a ball on the touchline on the stand side of the pitch, beat Scotland International full back Alex Hamilton, charged across the pitch parallel with the goal to hammer the ball home. The Glasgow Herald says it was 20 yards out, I think it was more than that. Funnily enough, John Hughes himself has no great recollection of that goal, but it was a cracker! Anyone else old enough to remember it?

I was 15 as well. Bought the retro top n wore it at the final in May, managed to get an offer. I think thats why the Scottish cup has a special place for me. Its Celtic's cup spiritual home is CP ?
Agree about the Scottish Cup having Celtic Park as its spiritual home. My grandfather saw Jimmy Quinn's hat-trick in 1904, my dad saw Patsy Gallacher in 1925 and I saw Billy McNeill in 1965 - and of course every subsequent Scottish Cup final involving Celtic (some of them, admittedly, on TV) and there is simply nothing in the world like the famous old trophy wearing green and white ribbons!

Reactions: TET
Agree about the Scottish Cup having Celtic Park as its spiritual home. My grandfather saw Jimmy Quinn's hat-trick in 1904, my dad saw Patsy Gallacher in 1925 and I saw Billy McNeill in 1965 - and of course every subsequent Scottish Cup final involving Celtic (some of them, admittedly, on TV) and there is simply nothing in the world like the famous old trophy wearing green and white ribbons!
One of my oldest memories, I was 10 years old up in the old north stand with my old man wee Bertie ( my fav Celtic player ) had scored twice to make it 2-2, we got a corner in the last 5 minutes and I think Charlie gallacher lined up to take it, my faither lifted me up so as I could get a better view saying watch big Billy score the winner here and sure enough as Charlie bhoy sent in the corner the captain who had started his run outside the box rose majestically to secure us our first trophy since 1957.
I will always remember the photo in the daily express taken from behind the goal where you see a Dunfermline defender trying to save the header I think his name was Roy Barrie.

One of my oldest memories, I was 10 years old up in the old north stand with my old man wee Bertie ( my fav Celtic player ) had scored twice to make it 2-2, we got a corner in the last 5 minutes and I think Charlie gallacher lined up to take it, my faither lifted me up so as I could get a better view saying watch big Billy score the winner here and sure enough as Charlie bhoy sent in the corner the captain who had started his run outside the box rose majestically to secure us our first trophy since 1957.
I will always remember the photo in the daily express taken from behind the goal where you see a Dunfermline defender trying to save the header I think his name was Roy Barrie.
I don't think it was Roy Barrie, for he joined them subsequently. I think he was playing for Hearts at that time. I have clear memories of the first two goals, particularly the first for it was scored at my end, but for McNeill's goal, I was away at the top of the East Terracing and couldn't have told you clearly who scored. I thought it might have been Tommy Gemmell because of the similar hair colour, but my father and others kept saying "Billy McNeill! Billy McNeill!" and of course, like you I enjoyed looking at all the pictures of it. I was 16 at the time, and frankly, it changed my life.

Members online

Latest posts

Back