FK Sarajevo v Celtic - Match Thread

I'm very pleased we are through.... I'll do boring boring celtic this season if we win every game this season!

However, I'm most pleased for Edouard whoI'm his biggest crictic....couldn't control a bag of cement again tonight or find a teamate.... then latches on to a keeper save from Christie and he's a world beater (. The difference afterwards amazing just shows you what confidence does to you (he also became the fastest player on teh pitch). I do think thi sis something he needs to work on.... when he isn't getting goals or playing against good defenders - holding that ball up better and bring others into the game.

All in all into the groups stages.

Last edited:
Frimpong woz MOM again 4 me. now dats a playr
givs 100% n wud luk good again any team

Taylor plyd well 2nite n always givs 100% bt! only looks able goin 4wrad again teams who hav no pace at d back.

Hes a Gud back up, almst as gd as J Hayes woz 4 us, but Taylor is a ltd SPFL std, not a Celtic1st team starter as a LWB, nvr will b as doesny hav d pace.
As a LWB playin again any team wiv pace at d bck he blunts r attack options, nt his fault dat NFL plays him as a LWB.
He playd in a 4-5-1 system 4 kilmarnuk

Doesny matter 2nite agan a team ranked 262 in UEFA but he will b shown as ltd plyr again any half decnt side, as has has alredy even in d SPFL

What the hell? Sorry, but is that Swahili?

If I was screwing with a girl, on a bench, in Moscow. in the champions league final, with my eyes folded, and hands tied, I'd still do a better english, with my toe! And english is only my 3rd language. I didn't understand a single word you said mate.

If I was screwing with a girl, on a bench, in Moscow. in the champions league final, with my eyes folded, and hands tied, I'd still do a better english, with my toe! And english is only my 3rd language. I didn't understand a single word you said mate.

We have attracted some mental midgets from across the city my friend
This particular carbon unit, has definite issues which obviously affect his ability to converse in a language that humans can, or want to understand
Stick around, there's a lot of normal Celtic supporters on the site
He's not worth your time, we keep him around, for shits & giggles
HH

we got through, controlled the game, usual to many passes without an end product but its hard to breakdown a 10 man defense, pingpong again superb - Christie just doesn't know when to release the ball, Duffy ugly but secure in defense {what we have been missing} Eddie was a different player once he scored a great release for a counter attack, overall a job done with results going our way for pot 1.

heres hoping either Ajeti or Griffiths are fit enough for us to play the 2 up front as it makes such a difference to our play.

Bring on the draw as this will be exiting finding out our group opponents.

How did ye miss the game? Was that dodgy boax of yours doon again? :LOL:

Aye credit Eddy for his reaction when the keeper spilled it but there's nae point pretending that he's playing well cos he isn't.
Hes definitely not playing as we all know he can but just his presence on the field is enough to give defenders the need to carry spare boxers and hes still scoring we had a player once like that we called him the king of kings HH

I'm very pleased we are through.... I'll do boring boring celtic this season if we win every game this season!

However, I'm most pleased for Edouard whoI'm his biggest crictic....could control a bag of cement again tonight or find a teamate.... then latches on to a keeper save from Christie and he's a world beater (. The difference afterwards amazing just shows you what confidence does to you (he also became the fastest player on teh pitch). I do think thi sis something he needs to work on.... when he isn't getting goals or playing against good defenders - holding that ball up better and bring others into the game.

Its easier said than done though, doing what you said whilst not playing well. Thing is that hes sublimely talented so even not playing to his standards hes still scoring big goals for us. Hes a big game player and He will return to form and hopefully that goal was the start of it

We have attracted some mental midgets from across the city my friend
This particular carbon unit, has definite issues which obviously affect his ability to converse in a language that humans can, or want to understand
Stick around, there's a lot of normal Celtic supporters on the site
He's not worth your time, we keep him around, for shits & giggles
HH
A product of his world,can no longer communicate so use,s text the standard of modern society I,m afraid

However, I'm most pleased for Edouard whoI'm his biggest crictic....couldn't control a bag of cement again tonight or find a teamate.... then latches on to a keeper save from Christie and he's a world beater (. The difference afterwards amazing just shows you what confidence does to you (he also became the fastest player on teh pitch). I do think thi sis something he needs to work on.... when he isn't getting goals or playing against good defenders - holding that ball up better and bring others into the game.

A strikers instinct is to pounce on any opportunity, a dribblers role is to dribble, a wingers role is to cross,
If a dribbler can dribble himself into positions to create openings Eddie scores
If a winger can get crosses in to a goalscoring position for Eddie Eddie scores
If you want a striker who puts in crosses to himself and dribbles everyone then Eddie is not your man, Eddie is a poacher with quick feet, he is a striker, he strikes gold when all hope is running out.
Just my opinion but lots of teams would give their right arm for last minute finishers, these type of guys demoralise teams. Eddie 3 2 v Huns when it seemed a draw was on the cards.

Its easier said than done though, doing what you said whilst not playing well. Thing is that hes sublimely talented so even not playing to his standards hes still scoring big goals for us. Hes a big game player and He will return to form and hopefully that goal was the start of it
Winter and I are about ti collaborate today 🤣
How many times since he arrived have a section of the support said Eddy doesn't do enough?

and out of those times, how many times has Eddy popped up with the winning goal in vital games?

I have memories of the MSM trying to unsettle Henke, same thread of devaluation with him, and he always silenced the hacks, the Huns and then some!

The adage I used then, is just as relevant today; form is temporary, Class is permanent.

A strikers instinct is to pounce on any opportunity, a dribblers role is to dribble, a wingers role is to cross,
If a dribbler can dribble himself into positions to create openings Eddie scores
If a winger can get crosses in to a goalscoring position for Eddie Eddie scores
If you want a striker who puts in crosses to himself and dribbles everyone then Eddie is not your man, Eddie is a poacher with quick feet, he is a striker, he strikes gold when all hope is running out.
Just my opinion but lots of teams would give their right arm for last minute finishers, these type of guys demoralise teams. Eddie 3 2 v Huns when it seemed a draw was on the cards.
He can fairly dribble past opponents often as well but crossing the ba' into himself ? I'm not sure Larsson could do that either but hey he might surprise us all with a big up an under. I'd be well surprised cos that's rugby 😆

RajvoSa credit to your club last night they held us at bay though I thought we limited Sarajevo to very little. Yous will get there soon I'm sure of it perhaps unlucky to draw Celtic 2seasons running , 1st time yous had a go and that was the wrong choice but I was impressed if not delighted by how the team adapted to keep us at bay, something we struggle with at times. Celtic are a massive behemoth of a club and theres no shame whatsoever in losing out to a 9iar soon to be 10iar treble treble champions , invincible champions and soon to be quadruple treble champions. Ok I'm biased but my point stands and you're a credit to your club HH Sarajevo 🤜🤛Celtic

Definitely better than last week, although we were atrocious last week, so it wasn't difficult to be better. Totally uninspiring though and we still are miles off where we should be. Didn't like the team set up either and was shocked he put on Klamala instead of Griff. Defensively thought we were suspect against a shit team, which isn't good enough. Barkas did better I thought being more pro active in dealing with stuff. Didn't hear Lenny's aftermatch comments, am guessing he said we were brilliant. Did what we had to do and the is the most I took from the game. 1 shot in the first half summed up how we played mid to front. Anyway, a group of certain death awaits unless we get our act together. Three good teams who I would be more confident taking on if we play our best team. so far, we haven't.

Last edited:
Back