FK Sarajevo v Celtic - Match Thread

Hes definitely not playing as we all know he can but just his presence on the field is enough to give defenders the need to carry spare boxers and hes still scoring we had a player once like that we called him the king of kings HH

Naw I agree Winter nae team would relish playing against Eddy, he's an outstanding talent and I don't doubt he will hit form again because as the saying goes 'form is temporary but class is permanent' and he's certainly a class player......but that doesn't mean to say he's above criticism or he gets a bye because he's Eddy.

The performances he's been putting in lately have been lacklustre and to be brutally honest he's looked like he's been going through the motions. Don't know if he wants away or it's the constant transfer speculation but whatever it is he needs to get his head back in the game. One thing that ye could never accuse the King of Kings of was lacklustre performances or going through the motions.

Naw I agree Winter nae team would relish playing against Eddy, he's an outstanding talent and I don't doubt he will hit form again because as the saying goes 'form is temporary but class is permanent' and he's certainly a class player......but that doesn't mean to say he's above criticism or he gets a bye because he's Eddy.

The performances he's been putting in lately have been lacklustre and to be brutally honest he's looked like he's been going through the motions. Don't know if he wants away or it's the constant transfer speculation but whatever it is he needs to get his head back in the game. One thing that ye could never accuse the King of Kings of was lacklustre performances or going through the motions.
Could it be that he is frustrated with the total lack of decent feeds? I agree he has looked not at it either and seemed worryingly focused on fucking off. I still have the dread the some English club will come in with £25m and he will be off. We haven't really been creating many opportunities for him and when we have his usual brilliant first touch isn't always there. I just hope we keep him and the whole team pick up and put a smile al our faces.

Could it be that he is frustrated with the total lack of decent feeds? I agree he has looked not at it either and seemed worryingly focused on fucking off. I still have the dread the some English club will come in with £25m and he will be off. We haven't really been creating many opportunities for him and when we have his usual brilliant first touch isn't always there. I just hope we keep him and the whole team pick up and put a smile al our faces.

Possibly part of it TV, possibly the frustration of playing against packed defences week in week out, whatever it is he's cut a dejected figure of late who's playing well below the levels he's capable of. I just hope he gets over whatever it is quick style because he's a top player and we need him at his best.

Possibly part of it TV, possibly the frustration of playing against packed defences week in week out, whatever it is he's cut a dejected figure of late who's playing well below the levels he's capable of. I just hope he gets over whatever it is quick style because he's a top player and we need him at his best.
Absolutely, I will be absolutely gutted if some cunt buys him this window. He is key to our 10 and taking they cunts on the Europa. The whole team haven't clicked yet. I console myself with the thought we have been miles off our top form and are still poised to go top when we win our outstanding fixture. But, I want this season to rip they fuckers a new one. I think we need to bring in our great two young signings Soro and Turnbull, a new LB, if not play young Luca. Someone to push Forrest for me is a must and I will not give up hope of Wee Paddy returning until three hours after the windae shuts. Do all those things and we will win the fucking group with the 10 over by Christmas.

was shocked he put on Klamala instead of Griff.
Why are you shocked at that? I'm not at all, in my eyes klimala has produced the goods whenever hes been called upon and anyone can see how much the bhoys put in in the gym. Hes bulked up accordingly for the Scottish game and did well when needed. Imo if griff as much as I love and rate him simply walked past eddy albian and paddy I would have to think that's not right. Unless of course he is running riot in training that's different but he has to show us ( to a lesser extent me) that he deserves this 3rd chance at being our main man and I do love Griffiths like us all. Still I do not think that he should just walk into the team because hes fit, we arent desperate for fire power and it would leave paddy demoralised thinking what must I do? I would add though that I believe paddy and griff together as our front 2 (granted they are 3and 4) would blow the opposition away so talented are our not 1st choice strikers , really excited about our squad this season so unfortunate we cant witness them in person does anyone believe that if this was any other player bar griff they would get the same support? Maybe at first , touch and go at second but third time? No way still as i said i want a fit griff in the side but no relying on past exploits this seasons too important.HH

Seriously though boab it would mibbes be good for griff to get a game with Scotland that would be mutually beneficial is bain still in that squad or some championship relegation battler ( I never even mentioned david Marshall) uch I've done it noo

Absolutely, I will be absolutely gutted if some cunt buys him this window. He is key to our 10 and taking they cunts on the Europa. The whole team haven't clicked yet. I console myself with the thought we have been miles off our top form and are still poised to go top when we win our outstanding fixture. But, I want this season to rip they fuckers a new one. I think we need to bring in our great two young signings Soro and Turnbull, a new LB, if not play young Luca. Someone to push Forrest for me is a must and I will not give up hope of Wee Paddy returning until three hours after the windae shuts. Do all those things and we will win the fucking group with the 10 over by Christmas.

Few players will have a bigger say on how this season goes both domestically and in Europe than Eddy and that's why we need him to shake off whatever is affecting his game! He's that good, he's that influential and he's that integral to this team's success so him going in this window doesn't bear thinking about.

The team hasn't clicked yet for 2 fundamental reasons imo.....the system we're playing lacks the necessary players to play it and there's been too much tinkering in all the wrong places, defence especially. Until we get the players in we need to play that system and until Lenny makes some tough decisions on personnel that allows the team to settle down and start to gel more then I think we'll continue to see inconsistent performances.

Even though I think wee Frimpong (who does still lack that final ball) has enough about him to challenge Forrest for his position I'd still take wee Paddy back in a heartbeat, the wee man was brilliant for us and I think we were a good match for him.

No seen enough of Soro yet to see how he fits so I think the best time to give him game time would be when we're a few up and comfortable, that way he gets blooded into the team without the pressure of having to deliver immediately and gets the time and space to grow into his game. Turnbull on the other hand is good to go and for me anyway looks like he could be the catalyst to inject that energy and pace we've been lacking so far.

Few players will have a bigger say on how this season goes both domestically and in Europe than Eddy and that's why we need him to shake off whatever is affecting his game! He's that good, he's that influential and he's that integral to this team's success so him going in this window doesn't bear thinking about.

The team hasn't clicked yet for 2 fundamental reasons imo.....the system we're playing lacks the necessary players to play it and there's been too much tinkering in all the wrong places, defence especially. Until we get the players in we need to play that system and until Lenny makes some tough decisions on personnel that allows the team to settle down and start to gel more then I think we'll continue to see inconsistent performances.

Even though I think wee Frimpong (who does still lack that final ball) has enough about him to challenge Forrest for his position I'd still take wee Paddy back in a heartbeat, the wee man was brilliant for us and I think we were a good match for him.

No seen enough of Soro yet to see how he fits so I think the best time to give him game time would be when we're a few up and comfortable, that way he gets blooded into the team without the pressure of having to deliver immediately and gets the time and space to grow into his game. Turnbull on the other hand is good to go and for me anyway looks like he could be the catalyst to inject that energy and pace we've been lacking so far.
Tbf to eddy hes still scoring

Tbf to eddy hes still scoring

He's scored in 2 SPFL games out of 8 (3 v Hamilton and 1 v Ross County)
He's scored in 2 European ties out of 4 (1 v Reykjavik and 1 v Sarajevo)
So all in he's scored in 4 games out of 12.

To put that in perspective Ajeti (who has been here for less than 2 months and has been reported as being short of match fitness) has scored more SPFL goals with far less minutes on the pitch and he's scored in the games where the scorelines have been tighter.

All Eddy's goals, Sarajevo game aside, have came in games where we've battered the opposition scoring a minimum of 5 goals against 3 teams who between them have mustered 1 solitary goal in response. 3 of those 6 goals Eddy scored came in 1 game.

So aye he's still scoring but not as regularly as he usually does, not in the bigger games like he usually does and he's not performing to the levels he usually does.

Look I love Eddy he's an amazing talent and I think he's the key that will unlock the door to the 10 and doing ourselves justice in Europe this season, I have no doubt he'll get back to his brilliant best soon because that's what class players do BUT it is OK to point out that he may not be hitting his usual heights at the moment.

He's scored in 2 SPFL games out of 8 (3 v Hamilton and 1 v Ross County)
He's scored in 2 European ties out of 4 (1 v Reykjavik and 1 v Sarajevo)
So all in he's scored in 4 games out of 12.

To put that in perspective Ajeti (who has been here for less than 2 months and has been reported as being short of match fitness) has scored more SPFL goals with far less minutes on the pitch and he's scored in the games where the scorelines have been tighter.

All Eddy's goals, Sarajevo game aside, have came in games where we've battered the opposition scoring a minimum of 5 goals against 3 teams who between them have mustered 1 solitary goal in response. 3 of those 6 goals Eddy scored came in 1 game.

So aye he's still scoring but not as regularly as he usually does, not in the bigger games like he usually does and he's not performing to the levels he usually does.

Look I love Eddy he's an amazing talent and I think he's the key that will unlock the door to the 10 and doing ourselves justice in Europe this season, I have no doubt he'll get back to his brilliant best soon because that's what class players do BUT it is OK to point out that he may not be hitting his usual heights at the moment.
Fair points shadow but we also have to take into account that he has also mainly been playing up front against packed defences, often with 3 or 4 around him every time he receives the ball. He desperately needs someone up along side him to ease that pressure upon him. I also got a sneaky feeling that won't be revealed until the hun match.
Form is temporary
Class is permanent

We do like to win stuff in May. No point getting into 1st now.
Got it wrong mate, there’s EVERY possibility this season won’t be finished, we need to get out noses in front and stay ahead of the scum for when the virus runs riot though the teams, nothing’s surer it’s gonna hit EVERY team in the league at some point, Aberdeen, St Miirren, Hamilton and Kilmarnock so far

Why are you shocked at that? I'm not at all, in my eyes klimala has produced the goods whenever hes been called upon and anyone can see how much the bhoys put in in the gym. Hes bulked up accordingly for the Scottish game and did well when needed. Imo if griff as much as I love and rate him simply walked past eddy albian and paddy I would have to think that's not right. Unless of course he is running riot in training that's different but he has to show us ( to a lesser extent me) that he deserves this 3rd chance at being our main man and I do love Griffiths like us all. Still I do not think that he should just walk into the team because hes fit, we arent desperate for fire power and it would leave paddy demoralised thinking what must I do? I would add though that I believe paddy and griff together as our front 2 (granted they are 3and 4) would blow the opposition away so talented are our not 1st choice strikers , really excited about our squad this season so unfortunate we cant witness them in person does anyone believe that if this was any other player bar griff they would get the same support? Maybe at first , touch and go at second but third time? No way still as i said i want a fit griff in the side but no relying on past exploits this seasons too important.HH
Totally agree. Klimala is match fit and shown a lot of promise when called upon. He's earned his chance. Maybe start with Eddy & Klimala up front against the Saints and bring on Griff for the second half?

Members online

Back