Football Insider reports Celtic have opened talks with Keane

So according to the rags all commenting on Celtic, all is rosy in the other garden with millioniaro players coming and zillionaire world beaters leaving for lesser but well known not world beaters like the galactios and slippy is been given a wage increase to stop him taking the England job for the world cup and Euros.

Mark Warburton can be England manager, says Rangers striker​

Kenny Miller believes Mark Warburton will go on to become manager of England as the Rangers manager prepares to complete negotiations on a new Ibrox contract.​

Give me a shout if Roy arrives if not he is not signed tonight then why are papers been writing about a story that has not happened for days is there something they want us to take our minds off, is Davie back for the shares sell before the Ashley case settles.
Any idea boab when Big Mike is back in court with sevco ??

HH

Roy Keane as a number 2 at the most. For me Eddie Howe would be a great appointment in the big seat. He’d have good links to young players in England that would kill to win a trophy for a big club like us.

Any idea boab when Big Mike is back in court with sevco ??

HH
It is believed he’s waiting on them having some money, so he can get it off them, he’s a hard nosed business man and unlike us has no desire to see them dead as it would cut of a very lucrative income stream for him, expect thing’s to move on at pace at the end of the summer, especially if they qualify for the group stages of the champions league, the £40 million should just about cover his bill 🤣🤣

Howe has a habit of getting the best out of his players.
I think that would be a massive gamble, it might work but there's a bigger chance that it won't.
Hasn't managed in 10 years, has a habit of falling out with everyone and going in the huff.
Let's be honest if he wasn't Irish and a Celtic fan he wouldn't have a hope in hell of getting the job.
I believe our managerial search should be more demanding than Irish and Fan. 🤷‍♂️
I feel exactly the same, if he weren’t an Irish Celtic fan he would not even be considered. He’s proven he’s no more than a no.2.

Don't know much about the Football Insider and how reliable their "sources" are....

Lubo football insider SHITE there sources SHITE a click bait site ignore it ma wee ma knows mare about Scottish fitba than that shitey wee site BTW ma wee mad been deed for 12 yr but she wiz mate up to date than football insider utter pish 😀😀😀

Lubo football insider SHITE there sources SHITE a click bait site ignore it ma wee ma knows mare about Scottish fitba than that shitey wee site BTW ma wee mad been deed for 12 yr but she wiz mate up to date than football insider utter pish 😀😀😀
yep have to agree football insider is pure shite just clickbait stuff picked off random blogs

yep have to agree football insider is pure shite just clickbait stuff picked off random blogs
There go to guys 🙈🙈🙈😂😂😂😂😂 Noel whelan ? Allan (run like fuck then throw yourself forward )Hutton and the guru Alex ( big eck) MacLeish well known alkie tramp 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️That’s yer football insider journalists 😂😂 about the same standard as the record and the sun 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Eddie Howe is a promotion/middle of the table manager who is no better than Wilder/Lambert/Keane etc.
Lets have a look at this statement docco as I feel it's an emotional response and your personal opinion (which your entitled too). My personal opinion is that Celtic need a manager that has a record of turning things around (only lucky managers get to take over a team at the top) and WINNING trophies. I like the thought of Eddie Howe so here goes....

Managerial Stats Overall:
Chris Wilder - Win 43.7%
Eddie Howe Win 41.3%
Paul Lambert Win 37.3%
Roy Keane - Win 38.7%

Managerial Stats in the EPL (probably same stress level as managing us:
Eddie Howe Win 30%
Chris Wilder - Win 27%
Roy Keane - Win 28%
Paul Lambert Win 25%

Honors:
Eddie Howe Football League Championship: 2014–15
Roy Keane - Football League Championship: 2006–07
Chris Wilder - Football League Two: 2015–16, EFL League One: 2016–17
Paul Lambert Football League One: 2009–10

Honestly after just looking at the stats I tend to agree with with you, however non of them had the chance of taking a job at a top 5 down in England to win the EPL. I would say that Howe and Wilder are very similar, have a lot of experience with clubs from different levels so they wouldn't be cutting it at Celtic.

Wilder has managed nearly 1,000 games and is the only one that has gone up levels that seems to have got better:
wilder.PNG
I really don't envy the board at the moment having to pick a manager who really might not even want to come to Celtic (might be the usual we wanted number 1 would had to settle for number 4 or 5 on the list). It's a shame we didn't back Brendon.

So if I had the choice of
Eddie Howe
Roy Keane
Chris Wilder
Paul Lambert

I would go for Howe or Wilder, I'm actually think Wilder would be slightly less of a risk. Managing Sheffield United in a city with big rivals and old industrial city like our would be a easier change than taking Howe from down south.

But actually reading up on them all..... maybe they're all too risky, but who isn't. Another is Steve Clark.... who on the face of it only did well at Killy.

steve clark.PNG

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back