Frimpong

I've got a set of footprint chisels from the 50s that I bought of ebay for buttons, the steel quality is amazing they can be honed way sharper than a disposable razor! An Inca bandsaw made in Switzerland 1984 its a lovely old thing, and a Robert Sorby wood lathe made in Sheffield, had it for about 25 years!
Miss college for sharpenin ma chisels they had the big grinder,spat oil over ye right enough 😀

When I'm doing quotes I work everything out in my head in feet, then I have to convert it all to metric for my office. Same when I look at a drawing that's all metric, I convert it to feet in my head makes it easier to visualise, then I switch back to metric when I'm actually measuring. It's weird.
A standard internal door is 1981mm high or 6 foot 6 in old money, you'd never look at a big cnt and say oh he must be about 1981mm you'd say he's about 6 foot 6.
Really,really interestin Hoopy!

What about a dookin iron Hoopy n an axe to cut yer dooks 😂
I had the misfortune of babysitting a 3rd year apprentice earlier this year, total arsehole knew everything (hun) we were in a victorian house that had been stripped back to the stonework. Line of dooks in the wall 2/3 of the way up, labourer asked the apprentice what were these for? The boy replied oh that's what they screwed the plasterboard sheets onto! 😹
No it was horsehair plaster and the picture rail was screwed to the dooks ya ragin fanny!

Last edited:
I had the misfortune of babysitting a 3rd year apprentice earlier this year, total arsehole knew everything (hun) we were in a victoriana house that had been stripped back to the stonework. Line of dooks in the wall 2/3 of the way up, labourer asked the apprentice what were these for? The boy replied oh that's what they screwed the plasterboard sheets onto! 😹
No it was horsehair plaster and the picture rail was screwed to the dooks ya ragin fanny!
Ye learn that in college,btw they dooks still come in handy if your needin a fixin 😀When jiners were jiners hoopy,ma tradesman used to call me a vajiner🤣

Members online

Latest posts

Back