Green brigade songbook

Last time I got a jig saw it was lots of little fruits on each piece and i licked one of the strawberries and I've never been right since.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds was the title on the jigsaw box.

I had a postcard from Holland like that it said lick here to affix stamp, it was meant for my older brother.

No harm or offence taken, you see i already know we are proper friends.

On my maternal side my grandmother catholic had a really tough life. She met and married her beau. A presbyterian who’s family disowned him for marrying a Catholic for 60 years!!!

They both brought their 11 children (my mum one) Catholic.

My grandfather born in an ayrshire farm with his grandfathers stonemasons was sent to maryhill when he was an infant to prepare for prep school.

He met my gran and well love is love.

My hometown has an engineering company well known for not hiring catholics but my grandfather, an engineer and a presbyterian had no problem because they didnt know he was rearing 11 catholics.

My gran used to ensure those in the community regardless of faith had in times of need. I .e if there was a death in someones family she cooked and sent it down for the household for a fortnight over the wake funeral etc. My gran used to ensure they had everything from the sheets for the mirrors to the windows. That the household had suits and dress for the funeral and also emotional assistance. After looking after her own household.

I know how shoddily my ancesters were treated when we came here from Ireland.

Catholics were booted out of school because we were horrible catholics. Rome through parishes set up and maintained our schooling before the govt eventually relented and provided funding latterly up to half. Before eventually all in they had to. Now the protestants that didnt want us in their schools now want our good education. Yet some are so bitter they still to this day wish to deny us of faith education.

You know that catholics were not allowed to read ir write yeah.

Irish might have left ireland 1840’s to 1860’s in their droves however although we could eat (my ancestors) we had to work ten times harder than anyone else for a third of the pay.

There were mostly the catholics need not apply boards.

Now no-one tells our black american brothers to move on how they were treated but its open season and always has been on us.

I bring mines up to respect everyone and judge individuals rather than generalisations in other words i have told them everyone is truly worthy or potentially truly worthy of friendship, faith , non-faith or any other differences my sons should judge people as individuals a cnut is a cnut regardless of colour or creed. Etc.

I treat people as individuals. My mums dad raised 11 catholics and loved my gran. He chucked them out to mass and if they didnt know gospel when they got in he hammered them for clearly dogging it. He could also sing the *ash apparantley. My gran was too ribbon bearer in hibs walk back in the day.

I understand and support the reasons why the ra came to be. NOT WHAT THEY BECAME LATTERLY. Oppressed people can only be oppressed for so long.

And you are doing ok speaking to females Anton, pal. Never ever do yourself down brother i and the rest of our family love you.

We are family. HH x ☘️X ??

Maria,

What you have posted is a truth we have, probably, all experienced.

It is also the main problem we have in moving forward today, in present day Scotland, where it is blatantly obvious that anti-Catholic sentiment is rife and strides being taken to eradicate it are moving forward with the pace of an empty snail shell.

There is as much of a need for Establishment Scotland to make positive moves as there is for us to do the same.

So, who makes the first move?

There is a fear of losing something within the GB if they stop singing about the IRA. I don't believe we shall. I believe there is too much greatness within us all to lose anything.

There is almost a dread of celebrating our Scottishness. If we want to celebrate our heritage, why can we not recognise that we are now an integral part of Scottish society, culture and goodness?

The IRA chants are anathema to that ideal which is such a waste, again my opinion.

Part of me loves Scotland, even Wales, probably due to the Celt in us all.

It may seem like emotional garbage to some, however, I'd love our support to show pride in our Scottish identity and have the Saltire flown proudly alongside the Tricolour.

Dual national identity should be cherished.

It doesn't mean we have to agree with all of the actions of our governments/establishment.

During the whole of The Troubles I remember hating the British government and royal family ... Prince Charles and his brigade responsible for Bloody Sunday etc.

I don't remember hating the English people. I don't remember hating an Englihman who played for us.

To put it simply, we are loved the world over as we embrace other cultures, as we respect other cultures.

Let's embrace our Scotish heritage, everything that is good.

In my opinion, singing pro-IRA chants hold us back and creates a reluctance within us to embrace the dual nationality MOST of us really are very proud of.

I am proud of being Scots-Irish

I have never hated the english but do hate the arrogance and utter cheek of their we are the people self entitled commentators. I hate the oppression they inflicted during their history and i hate the idea of royalty and everything that stands for.

Do i hate the common 5/8 english person, absolutely not especially those in the north.

Do i think our Green Brigade only sing pro ra songs. Absolutely not. They are 98% of a game singing Celtic songs and getting behind our team.

A few good points in there Anton and i agree mostly with what you say, i just try and take people as i find them and taught my sons to do the same.

There has always been a difference between a protestant and a hun to me. So i taught my sons to take people as they find them because then its an individual. Not colour nor creed just the person.

As i say my sons are not interested in any of the history nor know any of the songs which are stories told through song so that fates would be recorded somewhere.

It interests me, but i have never forced my interests or opinions on anyone to think as i do, we are all individual.

Respect Anton and HH my good friend ☘️

The song Golden brown by stranglers could be jiggered with them lyrics to make a good scott brown song

Need to be bloody good lyrics TET as i wouldn’t appreciate the misery of heroin being attached to my bhoy

You know the score wi broony n me ? so thats you on the first strike naughty step ??

TBH if you listen to the shite they churn out at celtic park and the cheesy broonie song and the cheesy version of the fans songs they steal and murder, no wonder people sing IRA songs its the only thing the fans know they will not go near and make a cnut of.
Honestly man listen to this pish and you will be phoning the provos to help you out.

That Broony song make me feel sick it’s so fucking naff. Was as close to Christian Rock as I ever want to be again.

Jesus, Jesus, he’s the leader of the Christians.

Who was in the room when they listened to that back and said, that’s a belter?

I’m away for a lie doon.

Reactions: TET
Democracy is what they used to call a lynch mob.
Democratic republic is lynch mob with the wizard of oz behind the curtain

Im no even sure what we have in UK.

Queen (The Monarch), Crown (the thing on the queen head, and allegedly the body that selects the queen and therefore above the Monarch), House of Lords (elected by the Monarch or the crown), House of commons elected by voters (meant to be the democratic part) and last but not least the strange place you can't really find anything about with a completely alien set of laws and constitutions yet supposedly part of UK (The City square mile aka the Corporation of London aka one of two cities inside the greater City of London) Mayor of greater London and the lesser spotted lord Mayor of the corporation of the inner City of London. Its bit like Monaco in that it has its own special status different laws different customs different taxes (allegedly most companies in City square pay very little tax). Yet try finding anything out about the place. What exactly going on there. Queen has a ticket through St Pauls Cathedral, Bank of england and world finance, Media, And the burgesses through the aldermen and livery companies, highest law courts, including the strange Hustings court of lesser spotted variety.

What exactly is that Glorious revolution all about.

Why did King Billy reinstate the revoked terms in city of London square mile by Charles 2nd, is that got anything to do with the reason Charles will become George VII Rather than Charles III

Why is the City of London administration so different to UK constitution?
Why is it not democratic?
Why do they have veto officers in house of Commons?
Why is the city of London protected by 7 symbolic dragons at each entry point into the city?

Maybe a lynch mob, oops sorry a democracy would work better better without all the hidden administration behind the curtains.

Parliament in westminster gave the city of London bank of england the power to control the interest rates?

Strange that a democracy handed the creation of money to part of the Uk that is not democratically elected.

But didn't tell anyone that London square m,ile has different laws and different tax rates and different administration thats protected by the Glorious revolution.

Round heads Cromwell funded by London square mile
King Charles first funded by parliament

Guess that big civil war against the Nutty King v Cromwells new model professional army must have helped the Corporation of London to control the Crown.

But what exactly is the crown.

Its not a body

And nobody is above the law?

Thats is all just theory. But try finding out anything to clarify the theory.

The inner house of the hustings court of the corporation of london is only privy to the privy council. alas.

For a minute I thought I might have solved the matrix.
Agreed , you are obviously in agreement with the non pastoral outlook of the diggers and the levellers

Maria,

What you have posted is a truth we have, probably, all experienced.

It is also the main problem we have in moving forward today, in present day Scotland, where it is blatantly obvious that anti-Catholic sentiment is rife and strides being taken to eradicate it are moving forward with the pace of an empty snail shell.

There is as much of a need for Establishment Scotland to make positive moves as there is for us to do the same.

So, who makes the first move?

There is a fear of losing something within the GB if they stop singing about the IRA. I don't believe we shall. I believe there is too much greatness within us all to lose anything.

There is almost a dread of celebrating our Scottishness. If we want to celebrate our heritage, why can we not recognise that we are now an integral part of Scottish society, culture and goodness?

The IRA chants are anathema to that ideal which is such a waste, again my opinion.

Part of me loves Scotland, even Wales, probably due to the Celt in us all.

It may seem like emotional garbage to some, however, I'd love our support to show pride in our Scottish identity and have the Saltire flown proudly alongside the Tricolour.

Dual national identity should be cherished.

It doesn't mean we have to agree with all of the actions of our governments/establishment.

During the whole of The Troubles I remember hating the British government and royal family ... Prince Charles and his brigade responsible for Bloody Sunday etc.

I don't remember hating the English people. I don't remember hating an Englihman who played for us.

To put it simply, we are loved the world over as we embrace other cultures, as we respect other cultures.

Let's embrace our Scotish heritage, everything that is good.

In my opinion, singing pro-IRA chants hold us back and creates a reluctance within us to embrace the dual nationality MOST of us really are very proud of.
Wellington, upon being called Irish declared, " I may have been born in a stable, but that doesn't mean I am a horse"

Members online

Latest posts

Back