Griffiths

That's the entire point, Tony.........how many times, as men, have we went for a wee unsolicited arse grab or chanced our mitt wie a possibly unwelcome fumble?

Every one of us has walked, or currently, walking that tightrope, but you'd like to think that we'd gie a REALLY wide berth to any lassie that cannae remember Westlife?

Griff's an eejit, but he cannae be a complete imbecile. Just don't go fucking anywhere near red flags!!!
Well if i was getting his kind of money id be giving most of his exs a wide berth cos theyre all howling .Id have a problem if he knew her age but if he didnt then its just Griff being Griff ,hes a daft immature wee boy .

i think he s finished whether he s innocent or not....he s a loose cannon and does nt have the savvy to realise that celtic players have to be squeaky clean in this country....if this was a sevco player theres a good chance nobody would even know about it.....griffiths is too thick and will never change his behaviour....after this its only a matter of time before another episode of his childish antics happens again..he seems to have no respect for the club or the fans he represents.....
Couldnt agree more now weve to give him a 4th chance? Getting ridiculous now for as soon as he is given a fourth chance you just know hes going to fuk that up as well.

Well if i was getting his kind of money id be giving most of his exs a wide berth cos theyre all howling .Id have a problem if he knew her age but if he didnt then its just Griff being Griff ,hes a daft immature wee boy .
Tony, that's kinda where I have an issue. I mentioned a fella that I worked with previously. The boy had severe learning disabilities and didn't know shite from shandy, but that still didn't give him the right to play fingery-tig wie young lassies.

Yeah, Griff is a 2×4 (knock knock), but he's also in a pretty privileged position and he just needs to be responsible, no a rocket scientist.

You know the score, Tony..........danger, danger everywhere oot there!

going to apologise to many of you because I know that I've been a bit abrupt and terse regarding this subject.

I do believe there is a huge steaming pile of mischief going on within the media and I do also understand that the lassie herself is being seduced by the notoriety and lure of some filthy lucre.

There are some elements to this case that are perhaps to close too home and I know that those events are perhaps shaping my responses.

I've known predators. Worked with predators and a close relative was harassed by a predator when she was at approximately the same age as this lassie. I'm prepared to bet my right bollock that the vast majority of you have had a relative who has been exposed to this behaviour too (online or in actual 'real'' life).

In certain aspects of his life, I have a great deal of sympathy for Griff - in other aspects, my sympathy is finite.

I hope he gets his shit together. I hope the lassie can move on. I hope that it sets an example for other players, because Tony is absolutely spot on - you can guarantee there are a whole raft of footballers and celebrities using their fame to solicit young fans.

Anyway..........I do respect all perspectives and I do apologise if my responses have caused offence.

Last edited:
going to apologise to many of you because I know that I've been a bit abrupt and terse regarding this subject.

I do believe there is a huge steaming pile of mischief going on within the media and I do also understand that the lassie herself is being seduced by the notoriety and lure of some filthy lucre.

There are some elements to this case that are perhaps to close too home and I know that those events are perhaps shaping my responses.

I've known predators. Worked with predators and a close relative was harassed by a predator when she was at approximately the same age as this lassie. I'm prepared to bet my right bollock that the vast majority of you have had a relative who has been exposed to this behaviour too (online or in actual 'real'' life).

In certain aspects of his life, I have a great deal of sympathy for Griff - in other aspects, my sympathy is finite.

I hope he gets his shit together. I hope the lassie can move on. I hope that it sets an example for other players, because Tony is absolutely spot on - you can guarantee there are a whole raft of footballers and celebrities using their fame to solicit young fans.

Anyway..........I do respect all perspectives and I do apologise if my responses have caused offence.
Not a problem mate. HH

Have to say it makes me a bit uncomfy when i hear "victim blaming"...sounds like the kind of thing youd say if someone was being groomed and i dont believe that was the case here .I suppose only Griff knows the truth but im sure i read the young girl saying he did not know her age ...looks to me like poor judgement from Griff .As for asking her what age she is ,i dont think ive ever asked a female her age in a pub of club but maybe i ll start...hopefully a decisions made on his future quickly as we dont need any more distractions .

P.S Celtic Tigress ....is she back?😂hope no

Last edited by a moderator:

I have a 15 year old niece who is very good looking very athletic and sporty. She goes to the gym and recently a fuckin creep who is almost 30 and has a woman and young child started annoying her at the gym. He used my name to initiate the conversation then got very persistent about leaving her home, which she refused. My sister called me and asked me did I know him and I flipped out and was gonna rip his fuckin head off, but my sister pleaded with me so I told my niece to change gyms. She went back to the same gym and it was like he was there waitin for her. He fuckin scared her the second time because he was gettin more pushy about leaving her home. She has now quit goin to that gym. This cunt is now walking on thin ice.
That being said, the griff situation is totally different. He's just a stupid fucker. As my oul fella would say his head is only for keepin his ears apart.

Last edited:
I have a 15 year old niece who is very good looking very athletic and sporty. She goes to the gym and recently a fuckin creep who is almost 30 and has a woman and young child started annoying her at the gym. He used my name to initiate the conversation then got very persistent about leaving her home, which she refused. My sister called me and asked me did I know him and I flipped out and was gonna rip his fuckin head off, but my sister pleaded with me so I told my niece to change gyms. She went back to the same gym and it was like he was there waitin for her. He fuckin scared the second time because he was gettin more pushy about leaving her home. She has now quit goin to that gym. This cunt is now walking on thin ice.
That being said, the griff situation is totally different. He's just a stupid fucker. As my oul fella would say his head is only for keepin his ears apart.
Too many o' these wandering Willies who go about parks at night walking their invisible dogs, or who lurk about at gyms and even feckin tanning salons.

Old bastarts cruising in cars are equally as bad, driving about the areas where they know the young folk congregate.

Sleazy, creepy bastarts and that's comin' fae the likesay me as well..........goes to show how fuckin manky that lot are!

Have to say it makes me a bit uncomfy when i hear "victim blaming"...sounds like the kind of thing youd say if someone was being groomed and i dont believe that was the case here .I suppose only Griff knows the truth but im sure i read the young girl saying he did not know her age ...looks to me like poor judgement from Griff .As for asking her what age she is ,i dont think ive ever asked a female her age in a pub of club but maybe i ll start...hopefully a decisions made on his future quickly as we dont need any more distractions .

:oops:better change your name ,,,,,,maybe pick something other than tony

Griff is the perfect example of why football players should be banned from having a social media account of any kind whilst under contract to a club.... except the Ranjurs

Griff is the perfect example of why football players should be banned from having a social media account of any kind whilst under contract to a club.... except the Ranjurs
Who qualifies for a social media voice? Sounds a bit extreme to me. Im sure its possible for football players to use social media appropriately. And if they are using it badly then maybe advising them to come off it seems more in line with liberty? Maybe introduce a fine system in their contract if they make an arse of their fiduciary duty to the club while a contractually representing the club albeit indirectly.

how hard is it to be be on social media and be lawful and respectful?

Who qualifies for a social media voice? Sounds a bit extreme to me. Im sure its possible for football players to use social media appropriately. And if they are using it badly then maybe advising them to come off it seems more in line with liberty? Maybe introduce a fine system in their contract if they make an arse of their fiduciary duty to the club while a contractually representing the club albeit indirectly.

how hard is it to be be on social media and be lawful and respectful?
These players are, in the main, kids with little or no sense of personal responsibility. By making it a condition of employment you remove the need for them to be 'sensible'. Fines are not likely to result in anything but a fight with players union.
Remember, common sense is not common.

We've all spoken daft words in the heat of the moment, Vigo, but they drift off into the ether and are often forgotten about 10 minutes later.

In the age of social media, there's an option to delete data, but it's still there in the cloud somewhere just waiting to be retrieved, or somebody has grabbed a screenshot of any damning evidence and have a permanent written record of what was said.

There's a whole lot of good that's came from having social media, but it still only takes up about 10% compared to the total garbage that's out there.

I enjoy connecting with other Celtic-minded folk on this platform and it has helped distract me from other issues in my life, but the rest of social media can do one as far as I'm concerned and footballers, like wee Griff, can learn from just leaving it the hell alone.

There is another irony though - boys like him could benefit from having some solid advice on how to screw the nut from many of the punters on here. He will be loved, he will be helped and he will be told in no uncertain terms what is and isn't acceptable behaviour. There's some plain talking and bold misrepresentations here. Some of the disagreements can be quite brutal, but at least it's done without anybody's undercrackers on display.

This site may not yet appeal to younger lassies dancing about in their trolleys, but those are the types of sites that adult males should be avoiding at all costs anyway.

Let your feet do the talking, Griff........no your typing fingers.

Members online

Latest posts

Back