Hate crimes and the Rangers supporting policeman at Ibrox on Sunday

Same Bridie, as I've already said a few times , what does annoy me is the amount of money that is being spent on its billboards and the like when it could be spent better like housing and jobs etc.
The majority of folk are of this mindset, and on here too but do we really require a massive education surge in billboards to tell us what we already know? I don't think so. We're constantly told there's no money for this none for that but then money appears from nowhere to ' educate us all'.
People are entitled to their beliefs in this " free country " as long as its aligned with the government's view.
Bearing in mind that the issues you mention are issues folk are clued up on anyway , more than they're given credit for , the money would be better spent therefore on the real issues that governments face.
I have more of a problem with the £1.5 billion Scotland contributed towards the Victorian Line across London, or the money we wasted on HS2 that we will never see any benefit for. These are funded by the UK Government whereas things like the Queensferry Crossing has to come out of Scotland's budget.

Same Bridie, as I've already said a few times , what does annoy me is the amount of money that is being spent on its billboards and the like when it could be spent better like housing and jobs etc.
The majority of folk are of this mindset, and on here too but do we really require a massive education surge in billboards to tell us what we already know? I don't think so. We're constantly told there's no money for this none for that but then money appears from nowhere to ' educate us all'.
People are entitled to their beliefs in this " free country " as long as its aligned with the government's view.
Bearing in mind that the issues you mention are issues folk are clued up on anyway , more than they're given credit for , the money would be better spent therefore on the real issues that governments face.
I normally find much common ground with your comments, Winter; but if you're telling me it's wrong to highlight the need for tolerance, ( educate ) then, I definitely can't agree with you.
As for prioritising our spending? Yes, that's fair comment. Thing is, though, it opens up the debate as to why the amount of money available to The Scottish Government is a decision for Westminster and Westminster alone.

Regardless of which party was in control, ( not power, simply because power devolved is power retained) , ultimately, they are hamstrung by NOT having access to Scotland's considerable wealth.

The Scottish Parliament exists because of a civil servant “memorandum of understanding” which decrees Scotland should have a devolved Parliament. The thing is a memorandum of understanding is not legally binding and can be withdrawn by Westminster at anytime.
As say, Richybhoy. Power Devolved is Power Retained. It most definitely can also be something of a poisoned chalice.

Ffs I’ve been ti the Huns holy water 🚽
Came back and now the telly is full o ugly feckin fitba fans and they’re the men
The wummin are even worserer
Help me ah need the feckin remote or the tellies gettin it( feck me the song oan is the boys in blue furra wummins game)

HH😱
Ah want me reported furra hate crime or can ah say sorry to the hun men
Na you deserve it

HH👀😱

Ffs I’ve been ti the Huns holy water 🚽
Came back and now the telly is full o ugly feckin fitba fans and they’re the men
The wummin are even worserer
Help me ah need the feckin remote or the tellies gettin it( feck me the song oan is the boys in blue furra wummins game)

HH😱
Wiz in Kitchen grabbing another Can ae the Mighty 🍻🍻 & heard auld Tina Tune.. Thot "Where the Fuks that coming fae?" 🤬🤬🤬.. Hope Glesca Fuk them but it's the 🏌️🏌️⛳⛳ fur me tae the DEATH!! 😁😁

I normally find much common ground with your comments, Winter; but if you're telling me it's wrong to highlight the need for tolerance, ( educate ) then, I definitely can't agree with you.
As for prioritising our spending? Yes, that's fair comment. Thing is, though, it opens up the debate as to why the amount of money available to The Scottish Government is a decision for Westminster and Westminster alone.

Regardless of which party was in control, ( not power, simply because power devolved is power retained) , ultimately, they are hamstrung by NOT having access to Scotland's considerable wealth.

Tolerant is a funny word to use. The fanatical left aren't very tolerant.
If you don't conform to THEIR beliefs you are attacked by them.

I agree with you, Lubo: I've no time for intolerance no matter where it comes from. I'm not sure if your inference is that intolerance is the sole preserve of the left, ( of which I'm happy to say I am ). But seriously?

I agree with you, Lubo: I've no time for intolerance no matter where it comes from. I'm not sure if your inference is that intolerance is the sole preserve of the left, ( of which I'm happy to say I am ). But seriously?

I'm not political Frank. Ofcourse I don't believe it's just the people on the left of politics who are intolerant. That would be crazy. But in the world we live in at the moment the extreme left and the extreme right as bad as each other. On one side you've got people wanted to shove refugees onto planes and send them to Africa....on the other you've got people who are happy to watch "woman" with balls kick the shit out of real woman.
The difference is, if I say putting refugees onto planes and sending them to Africa is appalling, I'll be applauded but if I say I don't want a guy, who calls himself a woman, kicking the shit out of my daughter ill be called intolerant.

I'm not political Frank. Ofcourse I don't believe it's just the people on the left of politics who are intolerant. That would be crazy. But in the world we live in at the moment the extreme left and the extreme right as bad as each other. On one side you've got people wanted to shove refugees onto planes and send them to Africa....on the other you've got people who are happy to watch "woman" with balls kick the shit out of real woman.
The difference is, if I say putting refugees onto planes and sending them to Africa is appalling, I'll be applauded but if I say I don't want a guy, who calls himself a woman, kicking the shit out of my daughter ill be called intolerant.
I can assure you, Lubo; you won't be labelled intolerant by me. As for extremism? It's the enemy of reason; regardless of where it comes from. A destructive cancer with the potential to destroy everything fair and just.

Well we're all entitled to our opinions Frank and as I said I think these billboards are a waste of money , who is it they're educating here, the young or the old?
Will folk listen to the message any more than they would if it were a party political message? I'm not convinced about that.
I'd say that the younger generation are well clued up on these issues and the older generations will have their opinions and stick with them regardless of how many billboards are put up around the nation.
Just to be clear though I didn't say at any time that it's wrong to highlight the need for tolerance, I just don't believe it's the government's job to do it ,though that's my opinion & I'm not asking anyone to agree with me and I think there are many many platforms that are already fulfilling such agendas and they do so already very well indeed , platforms like twitter/x , YouTube , Facebook, tiktok etc etc without the need of taxpayers money to do so, they're also far more influential if anything I'd say than goverment placed billboards.
Waste of money.

Last edited:
So it would seem , more and more these days lubo.
I believe the vast majority of folk in this country are tolerant folk anyway, do we really need to be told by billboards to be even more tolerant because that's how it's coming across it seems to me.
Who even pays attention to billboards anyways?
We live in a free country , or do we, a free country where there's a government telling us to be more tolerant, at the same time we're led to believe that other countries see us as a beacon of tolerance. Just not tolerant enough is it?
It would appear so for some and for others we're over tolerant.

Last edited:
So it would seem , more and more these days lubo.
I believe the vast majority of folk in this country are tolerant folk anyway, do we really need to be told by billboards to be even more tolerant because that's how it's coming across it seems to me.
Who even pays attention to billboards anyways?
We live in a free country , or do we, a free country where there's a government telling us to be more tolerant, at the same time we're led to believe that other countries see us as a beacon of tolerance. Just not tolerant enough is it?
It would appear so for some and for others we're over tolerant.
My goodness, Winter; you ask " who even pays attention to billboards anyway"..and then kind of answer your own question. Obviously you do !
I respect you too much to get into a daft argument, Winter. I think we'd find ourselves in a cul-de-sac. But I've got to say, I've no problem with anybody or any government, political party, or organisation that seeks to end hatred; seeks to end discrimination, or just generally tries to make life better, more tolerable for everyone.

And I definitely don't take it that I'm being told what to do, or what to think.

As for the various social media outlets being a place where folk preach tolerance; ..really ?

Anyway, as you say opinions. Catch up hopefully come the weekend.

My goodness, Winter; you ask " who even pays attention to billboards anyway"..and then kind of answer your own question. Obviously you do !
I respect you too much to get into a daft argument, Winter. I think we'd find ourselves in a cul-de-sac. But I've got to say, I've no problem with anybody or any government, political party, or organisation that seeks to end hatred; seeks to end discrimination, or just generally tries to make life better, more tolerable for everyone.

And I definitely don't take it that I'm being told what to do, or what to think.

As for the various social media outlets being a place where folk preach tolerance; ..really ?

Anyway, as you say opinions. Catch up hopefully come the weekend.
Aye Frank I won't go down that culture de sac as you put it either, I've not seen the billboards as of yet btw Mrs winter showed one to me on the phone the other day, anyways prefer to talk fitba on here HH

Back