Hate crimes and the Rangers supporting policeman at Ibrox on Sunday

Lubo,
SNP is the vehicle the destination is Independence. You can vote for whichever party, new or old, after Independence. At the moment there is no other Independence promoting party except the Greens and as yet they do not have sufficient credibility or exposure to take the lead on this issue. If you want Independence, please just hold your nose and vote for them.
Unfortunately as predicted the new hate bill is being misrepresented by the Unionist Media and the English Broadcasting Commission. It is not a NEW Bill as such, it is merely codifying existing legislation by adding a new classification of basically incitement to hatred.
If you say or write or broadcast something that can be construed by any reasonable person, not necessarily the victim, about those ( the already protected categories on discrimination race, colour, creed etc.) to be an incitement to hatred of anyone who is covered by the protected categories then it is a Hate Crime.
That’s all it is. The discrimination hasn’t happened but because of what someone said,wrote,published showed in film or tv or said on the radio could be understood by any reasonable person to be an incitement to commit the discrimination it is an offence.
McCoist by his highly Public Utterances has incited 40,000 of his fellow like minded people to break the new law and is an offence itself under the new Act.

As a consequence, have you reported McCoist for this to the polis?…

Aye, I turn 60 in 5mths & I hope I've got a good few yrs a head of me being a Grumpy Auld Bastard, I don't hate anyone or anything, but there's a lot of things I detest.

This hate crime bill is going to go the same way as the as the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communication Act(2012), it was repealed 2018

The Hate Crime bill, wiĺl be exactly the same its unworkable to many gray areas, it will clog up the courts, Police will not have the resources to enforce it properly.

Aye & the polyester brown brogued treasonous Britnat Gimps are excempt. So fxck the bill

"I've got a good few yrs a head of me being a Grumpy Auld Bastard"
Too late TT
For 'grumpy'... see 'stubborn' according to my beloved children :LOL:
The way things are going, people will be getting charged when allegedly giving someone a dirty look
Have a great weekend and here's to a Celtic victory on Sunday
HH

Allegedly it’s been asserted that even if alligators put allegedly before or after something contentious it only proves indecision as it implies that they, alegedly alleged something contentious then to salve their conscience they state after they have alleged something contentious, allegedly, that what they have alleged to be contentious is not contentious allegedly and like all alligators they just can’t make up their fluxin minds allegedly.
That's quite the allegation JimboH 😅

Last edited:
Rather than tell their clientele to stop breaking the law by hollering vile sectarian songs of hate, they instead will evict anyone filming their fellow fellow bigots celebrating their kkkulture!

It was the same response by their fan groups then they were posting disgusting racist videos about Kyogo from their supporters buses. Bizarrely there was a statistically high probability that there were some off duty cops present on some of the buses where the law was being broken!

Screenshot_20240411_135117_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
Rather than tell their clientele to stop breaking the law by hollering vile sectarian songs of hate, they instead will evict anyone filming their fellow fellow bigots celebrating their kkkulture!

It was the same response by their fan groups then they were posting disgusting racist videos about Kyogo from their supporters buses. Bizarrely there was a statistically high probability that there were some off duty cops present on some of the buses where the law was being broken!

View attachment 25544

I notice they've even banned conversations between fellow cons.

Whatever next? Spelling lessons. Evolution wasn't kind to these Neanderthals...

Great stuff shammy , a post not many if any would disagree with.
Being a right annoying cnut though there is one wee thing 😅
I agree with your post and the sentiments contained within it, I too am a live and let live, not bothering me, why should I get all hot and bothered about it etc as well type of person.
My only concern ( not something that is disagreeing with you ) is that I also see this as the government intruding on people and basically telling us how to behave , setting out social parameters for us to abide by. That is wrong I believe strongly in that.
As an example I'll try and explain as best I can.

I have nothing against people who want to identify as Transgender females and dress as such , call themselves she/her and various different pronouns etc.
Same as many if not all of us.
What I do have a problem with is it being forced upon me to accept and behave in the way that some of those people and their champions come across with their message.

I look at Bruce Jenner for example and Bruce has decided that he is now Caitlin Jenner. That's fine for him /her , however and here's the clincher . In my eyes Caitlin jenner is a man who has undergone cosmetic surgery to make himself appear as a woman. Caitlin doesn't have the female chromosomes but I am to be expected to just accept that Bruce is no longer a man and Caitlin is the real person.
I cannot accept that. As the science doesn't back it up.
What I can do is respect their wishes to be called Caitlin and I've no problem with that but I do have a problem with them telling me they are a real woman, therefore treat me as one or else.
In my eyes that's nonsense though I'd be polite and not cause it so to speak unless asked my opinion on it.
Which would likely cause it anyway.

There are two genders in the human race male and female and yes there are some very unusual medical exceptions where people are born with both male and female sexual organs. Hermaphrodite but that's entirely different to what we or I am talking about.
I have a problem with men who not so long ago would simply be called trans or crossdresser , rightly or wrongly but now I am expected to call a guy her because he wants to be called and addressed as a woman, no sorry that is where I draw the line.
How would you feel shammy if you were in say the St Enoch center and a big burly guy came walking into the women's toilets , stubble like I get if I've been boozing for a fortnight voice as deep as Sean connery wanting to linger and powder his nose? Or the ladies changing room at the swimming?
Worse still how would any of us feel if our daughter had just gone in those loos or rooms and was followed in by such a character?
Scared shitless I'd bet would be the vast majority of people's answers and I'm not talking about being scared of change here I'm talking about being scared of men.

Many Men are unhinged at the best of times and just because a man sticks a dress on and some make up and wig that shouldn't allow them to be in there , or compete in woman's sport just on their say so.
Apologies if I'm not wording this very well, it's late I'm tired , but I think everyone should get the just of what I'm trying to say.
Men are dangerous creatures as is and if I saw that happening I'd be going into those ladies Loo's myself to retrieve my daughter, which I don't have but many do.

For those who are genuinely Transgender male to female I believe they should have their own section/Loo's and the same for female to male. I believe the same should apply in sports and we shouldn't be seeing trans men competing as women weightlifters etc, as there's the obvious bone and muscle advantage.
Sean treble treble who lives in Thailand will be able to tell us how well this system works in Thailand where trans men to female 'katoeys ' have their own Loo's and they are basically considered a 3rd sex over there and its accepted far better , that's my understanding of it though admittedly having not been to Thailand before.

Perhaps I'll read this in the morning and with I'd said some things differently but this umpteen genders is a nonsense there are two , healthy newbor children are either born with a penis or a vagina and the chromosomes to match that is a fact and the science doesn't take peoples feelings into the equation.
Ill leave it at that for now, comeback tomorrow morning to a hundeted replies 🙈 however this is my belief and I won't be preached to by any government telling me my education was wrong and so is the science. I believe I can act with manners and respect to people who wish to identify as something else but I also believe it should not be forced upon me or anyone else to have to come round to another's way of thinking else I'm for the gulag.

Anyway that's my rant 🤪 it's goodnight from me and goodnight from them ( sitting beside me ) 🙄
I'm sure there's more to come of this.
HH Mon the hoops
Far too sensible Winter - it’ll never catch on

However what Biden introduced at Easter, 'Transgender visibility day' and Scotland's going down the same road, I will never ever be bullied by any fkd up law that says I MUST recognise a man who dresses as a woman as a trans woman, never. Crossdresser ? Yes.
A little clarification here: Transgender Visibility Day was, is, and probably always will be March 31, the same day this year as Easter. Biden didn't have much of a choice. Next year, as I understand it, Easter is 4/20, and you can make all the drug references you want.

I honestly couldn't give a fuck what people want to be
There's no way I'd lose my shit over whether someone was gay or transgender
Life is tough enough for everyone for the most part trying to get through it, without me being judgemental about how people want to live their life
I try to be the best person I can and look after my family and friends in that order
Govt's are making rules about things where some have an unfair advantage over others, e.g. as Lubo mentioned someone identifying as a woman overpowering a woman physically in sports
Maybe they should have thought about this and had a transgender event where transgender men and women engage in events against one another
I'm not trying to incite the thread, but everyone seems to have strong opinions about stuff they have no control over and this is mine
Apart from that be kind and rewind

A little clarification here: Transgender Visibility Day was, is, and probably always will be March 31, the same day this year as Easter. Biden didn't have much of a choice. Next year, as I understand it, Easter is 4/20, and you can make all the drug references you want.
Yes Easter moves date every year , that wasn't my point Larry, not sure which drug you're referencing, everyone has their own opinion on these subjects.
What I think personally, is what I think personally and I don't ask or demand anyone to see it the same way.
Personally I don't think governments, American or Scottish should have the right to tell anyone how to think or even suggest that people should think in a certain way.
This is the right way this is the wrong way when it comes to living life.
That's just me though , I just think there's more important issues that governments should be tackling than those they currently are, like the gun problems in the States and the housing problems in Scotland to name just two real ones , all the rest we're currently being subjected to is just a side show imo.
Deflections from the real issues they should be dealing with HH

Hands up if you think the world would be a better place if we could all ditch our prejudice ( s ) ?
Hands up if you think it would be better if we were /fairer/more understanding of the fact that people have the right to make choices; have the right to make decisions regarding things personal to them?
Hands up if you think abusing people simply because life has dealt them a different card is wrong/narrow-minded/an infringement of their right to choose? Hands up if you think it's right to force our 'values' on folk, thereby chaining them to life of misery?

Are we really so insecure in ourselves that we struggle to acknowledge the fact that there are some things that simply have nothing whatsoever to do with us ? And that we are simply incapable of understanding?

Live and let live Winter says in his post above: I like to think that's exactly where I find myself at this particular, ( admittedly late juncture ) of my own journey through life.

This all brings me to the, for me puzzling, furore regarding the Hate Crime Bill. I definitely don't see any part of it that tells me what to think. I don't see any part of it that even begins to deny me the right of thought. My goodness, I happily own the fact that I don't- never have- and never could- live in a grey apathetic world. I am a bloke with opinions. Believe me, some of those opinions burn inexhaustibly in my being.

Thing is, this law doesn't even attempt to deny me the right to be who I am. What it does do, is enshrine in law the fact that I have no right whatsoever to be verbally abusive, physically violent, or discriminatory, ( what School did you go to ? ) to folk just because they are, in some ways, different from my perception of what we 'should' be. What it does is give them the same rights that I demand for myself.

I get it that folk are more concerned with the things that affect their daily lives; I am, too. However, for me this bill is actually well- meaning. I have absolutely no problem with it.

Hands up if you think the world would be a better place if we could all ditch our prejudice ( s ) ?
Hands up if you think it would be better if we were /fairer/more understanding of the fact that people have the right to make choices; have the right to make decisions regarding things personal to them?
Hands up if you think abusing people simply because life has dealt them a different card is wrong/narrow-minded/an infringement of their right to choose? Hands up if you think it's right to force our 'values' on folk, thereby chaining them to life of misery?

Are we really so insecure in ourselves that we struggle to acknowledge the fact that there are some things that simply have nothing whatsoever to do with us ? And that we are simply incapable of understanding?

Live and let live Winter says in his post above: I like to think that's exactly where I find myself at this particular, ( admittedly late juncture ) of my own journey through life.

This all brings me to the, for me puzzling, furore regarding the Hate Crime Bill. I definitely don't see any part of it that tells me what to think. I don't see any part of it that even begins to deny me the right of thought. My goodness, I happily own the fact that I don't- never have- and never could- live in a grey apathetic world. I am a bloke with opinions. Believe me, some of those opinions burn inexhaustibly in my being.

Thing is, this law doesn't even attempt to deny me the right to be who I am. What it does do, is enshrine in law the fact that I have no right whatsoever to be verbally abusive, physically violent, or discriminatory, ( what School did you go to ? ) to folk just because they are, in some ways, different from my perception of what we 'should' be. What it does is give them the same rights that I demand for myself.

I get it that folk are more concerned with the things that affect their daily lives; I am, too. However, for me this bill is actually well- meaning. I have absolutely no problem with it.
Top post Frank sums up all I’ve been brought up to believe in. Fairness equality.
👏👏👏👏

HH✅

I have to agree 100% with you Frank. As usual, this law has been grossly misrepresented by the London-lead media to be used as a trigger for the pro-unionist/anti-independence movement. They have deliberately mislead people in their latest continual attempt to discredit the Scottish government and promote the greatness of Westminster.

This is what the establishment does every day to protect their favourites. We all see through this pathetic tactic when it relates to their favoured football klub.

I'm not sure why people who complain that orange-minded peepul want to wipe out fenians, etc, then complain when a law is brought in to supercede the previously ineffective law to make statements of hatred illegal.

I am definitely not politically correct, I'm no snowflake either, but I believe everyone should be able to enjoy their life, free from hatred, irrespective of their sex, religion, sexuality, ability/disability, race/skin colour, etc, etc - as long as their beliefs are respectful to others as well.

I am definitely not politically correct, I'm no snowflake either, but I believe everyone should be able to enjoy their life, free from hatred, irrespective of their sex, religion, sexuality, ability/disability, race/skin colour, etc, etc - as long as their beliefs are respectful to others as well.
Same Bridie, as I've already said a few times , what does annoy me is the amount of money that is being spent on its billboards and the like when it could be spent better like housing and jobs etc.
The majority of folk are of this mindset, and on here too but do we really require a massive education surge in billboards to tell us what we already know? I don't think so. We're constantly told there's no money for this none for that but then money appears from nowhere to ' educate us all'.
People are entitled to their beliefs in this " free country " as long as its aligned with the government's view.
Bearing in mind that the issues you mention are issues folk are clued up on anyway , more than they're given credit for , the money would be better spent therefore on the real issues that governments face.

Members online

Back