Hate crimes and the Rangers supporting policeman at Ibrox on Sunday

Come back to this to give it serious consideration ( was watching spurs game at time shammy).
It's a fkn disgrace that such legislation can even be considered. There would be no homelessness if the govt looked after its citizens better.
This and previous governments have taken pride in welcoming immigrants , legal or not, and whilst I'm not saying they shouldn't look after those who've ( mostly fled here from war torn areas) areas that we've played a part in destroying for profit, if the government and its predecessors can house immigrants then why can't they house its own citizens.
People don't choose to be homeless, that would be insane or desperate with no other option.

If as is being suggested Sunak , himself an immigrant, finds that 40 or more of his own party are going to vote against this bill then it has to be his downfall.
There should be a vote of no confidence in him , which there isn't anyway.
He is like the ' motivator' in a telesales office , " next to get a lead gets a ....whatever , a cigarette break" type of fool , the one every workplace has, that person everyone sighs collectively when they enter the room.

To punish the already heavily punished is more than a disgrace its an atrocity and abuse of power.
Tweaking a 200 year old draconian law and adding more punishment than before is astonishing for want of umpteen better words. How on earth can you fine a homeless person £2,500 ?
If such a homeless person had £2,500 they bloody well wouldn't be homeless, and the other tweak , prison time ?
That's likely better for many of the poor souls who are sleeping rough and many would rather be in prison than on the street as ridiculous as it sounds at least they'll get fed and have shelter and it's also likely safer for them as well.
Words fail me , this little rodent trying to act tough , he wouldn't last a sunny day on the street without getting robbed or beaten just for the sake of his smug fn attitude.

“I think the most important thing is we help people off the streets. That’s why we’re putting £200m a year into this. No, people should not be arrested if they smell,” - Gillian Keegan , Education Secretary.

That it is a matter of record the British education secretary has said this is an embarrassment to the UK.
I'd best not lay down pished In summer on a park bench then or I'll wake up in Aitkenhead Road ffs.
Apparently the Vagrancy act goes back to Napoleonic times and was supposed to be scrapped in '21.
There is nothing this and previous governments, no doubt governments to follow won't do to fk over the most vulnerable in society. Its a fkn outrage pardon my French but there's no other way to describe it, 2&½grand?

Perhaps if they were to put some of the money they earned building and selling bombs, fighter aircraft and miscellaneous weaponry to the Saudis so they could bomb an already 3rd world country in Yemen back to the stone age , like 1% of that would go a long way to solving this problem.

Sunak like Obama has been one massive disappointment. I'm going to stop Shammy before I turn into a pumpkin 🎃, before I do though...
People are blindly allowing the freedoms of the public to be eroded by continuously voting tory and Labour in England and Wales and whilst in Scotland things are better they are only <> this much better.
Homeless people are being turned into criminals for nothing more than losing their job, homes and families there is literally nothing more that can be taken from them, prison for many will save their life and also increase costs on looking after them.
We can build centers to house illegal immigrants but we can't do this for our own people. We can however afford to give tens of millions , more, to France and Rwanda for absolutely nothing that is going to help anyone, that is a scam if ever there was one , Dick Turpin would be proud of this example of daylight robbery.
I always try hard not to carry hate inside my heart but these fukwits?
How I'd like to see them fall and I don't just mean lose their position I mean really fall , from Tower Bridge or the Shard wouldn't be punishment enough ( allegedly) , scum scum horrible bastards I hope karma is waiting patiently for these self important.....no word truly describes my contempt for the lot of them.
The green party will get my vote , not because I think they'll do any better but can they really do any worse?
Oh fs don't answer that one .
Great post mate 👍but holy fuck naw please don’t vote that shower a tosspots the Green Party….(allegedly)

Stopped voting years ago Frank. I leave that to the younger ones. It's going to affect them more than me. If what the polls are saying is correct then the tories won't win. Landslide for Labour . There all as bad as each other.
The malaise in the voting public in Scotland is probably the main reason we have had to endure the Scottish national party for so long!!!too many voters and I include myself got lazy with the process of voting because it was a forgone conclusion that labour would coast it?also labour officials got complacent?so we end up with this shambles of a government,,the infrastructure in Scotland is crumbling before our very eyes,roads,health system,ect…get oot there ally and youse your hard fought for right to vote!!!or we end up with unelected prime minister sunak,unelected first minister unless…….

Hi Winter, As always I enjoyed your input this morning while having a wee break from my enforced carer duties. While life has very much curtailed the amount of free time I have to indulge myself in the things that are important to me, I feel I have to take issue with you on a point you make in your post a above.

You may or may not know, Winter, but I'm both active in the Yes movement, and a supporter of, and active for, the SNP.
This activism involves knocking doors and speaking to folk; In truth, there are people who are indeed disappointed with SNP; however, when we have a blether about the situation, it becomes very clear that, if anything, there is more appetite for independence, not less.

At the present time folk are getting caught up in the feeding frenzy of negativity provided by the unionist media, which, of course, means almost all of It. Spoken and print.

As I say, Winter, my time isn't my own at the moment, so, all I can do is ask you compare the policies of the Tory party with that of Labour. Doesn't really matter about the minor differences that exist, because they are indeed, only minor.

So, therefore, neither does it matter which one you choose. They are one and the same.
Aye I more or less , I'd say slightly more agreed with you there Frank and I also chapped doors , then ran away but that was about 45 years ago 😅 just messing mate. I did say that those who want independence ( not being activist) are the same as those who want to be part of the EU. is this something that you have found? I know of a few friends and acquaintances who voted no , I voted yes, who'd now vote yes.
Would you agree that the by elections like the Rutherglen results where protest votes? Totally agree about the tories and Labour being practically one and the same policy wise.
I don't want to go all in on politics and I'll defer to your experiences at folks doors.
I hope things take a turn for the better for you and yours buddy and send you my best wishes HH

Only pulling yir pudding winter🤣a don’t care anymore ,like you said in an earlier post there all much of a muchness,,🤷‍♂️ a do strongly believe that everyone should use their vote tho!! Much like the upcoming grand national close your eyes and stick the pen on the page system 🤣
Eeek! dinna pull to hard oan ma yum yum Esp, its awready been twisted and covered in icing sugar 🤒

The danger is, this new law will stifle proper debate.
We should have the right to debate the trans issue. But it now appears that if you don't support it, you can go to jail.
Parents should be able to debate whether it is necessary for pride banners and raninbows representing the (insert the many letters) community to be posted all over schools and on tags around teachers necks. I personally don't care who you like to sleep with and I don't care what sexual habits you support, and I don't think my children should have to be made aware of it either. But, now, if you say that in Scotland...you go to jail.

Just under 4,000 hate crimes under the new legislation have been reported since Monday with Police Scotland saying they will look into and record everyone... And they have set up a new group of police officers to look at them all.

2 things come to mind, they are gonna be really busy come Sunday... And now we will see a rise in lots of other petty crimes as they dont have the resources to investigate them all....

Maybe the weans can play fitba in the street again eh.....
This is a really good point 50 as there is absolutely no way this legislation can be policed,how can it when the current legislation on crime cannot be policed?
Away from the football how often does anyone see coppers on the beat these days? I used to see them all the time coming and going from Cumberland Street station ( which is earmarked for closure as its nothing more than an electric vehicle recharging depot), the same at partick Station on Dumbarton Road it's car park is always full of waiting meat wagons waiting to charge the battery.
Police Scotland have actually been put in a thankless position by the government, they cut the numbers of officers and increase new legislative laws they expect dwindling numbers to enforce new laws whilst they are publicly acknowledging that they are unable to enforce other laws like shoplifting and burgerlary and assault so much so that they are cutting sentences and letting out of prison house breakers and rapists even early.
There will be examples made of a few and the rest will go unanswered because there simply isn't enough police to do these tasks without adding wokery laws to the workload.
This is nothing more than a blatant attempt at pacifying the left without the actual numbers to back it up.
An attempt by Holyrood to show how modern and forward thinking they are without any real planning or training for it to become a reality.
Should hate crime be tackled and punished? Of course but you need the workforce to do it and that workforce simply isn't there.
Police are so understaffed that they are now looking at doing away with the police fitness test, so what chance has a 15 stone copper got of chasing down a mugger ? Very little to none because they aren't fit enough to run 100 metres without stopping to catch a breath.
As for going to jail for hate crime?
Well good luck with that as theres no space in jails to keep violent prisoners guilty of assault , theyre all out on a tag.
its a political gamble turned shitshow before it even gets running and certainly not viable bar the examples they'll make.

If those in Holyrood really want to clamp down on certain areas of crime they are going to have to come up with more trained Police than there are at present and even if they do manage to get those numbers up sufficiently they are expected to stop what they're doing and tackle this loudmouth lout who's shouting obscenities rather than investigating and catching those responsible for breaking into houses, shops or running around stabbing people?
Priorities are all wrong and the fact that Police Scotland are just accepting this nonsense is ludicrous.
Is there none in police Scotland brave enough to stand up and say " hold on enough is enough this is impossible"?
They are there to serve the people of Scotland not cowtow to the political agendas of those in Holyrood.

Last edited:
We should have the right to debate the trans issue. But it now appears that if you don't support it, you can go to jail.
Parents should be able to debate whether it is necessary for pride banners and raninbows representing the (insert the many letters) community to be posted all over schools and on tags around teachers necks. I personally don't care who you like to sleep with and I don't care what sexual habits you support, and I don't think my children should have to be made aware of it either. But, now, if you say that in Scotland...you go to jail.
They don't have the resources nor the space to catch, prosecute and jail so many people lubo. This is akin to Holyrood saying they will prosecute and jail anyone found guilty of domestic abuse , its impossible and throw in the fact that Scotland is a deeply divided and sectarian country especially in the central belt its laughable , the police are only people , young kids mostly these days as well. It's never going to work and there's the no small matter of the courts and lawyers that will see serious crime put on the back-burner for even longer than they are now, assault charges averaging 2 years before it sees the inside of a courtroom.

They don't have the resources nor the space to catch, prosecute and jail so many people lubo. This is akin to Holyrood saying they will prosecute and jail anyone found guilty of domestic abuse , its impossible and throw in the fact that Scotland is a deeply divided and sectarian country especially in the central belt its laughable , the police are only people , young kids mostly these days as well. It's never going to work and there's the no small matter of the courts and lawyers that will see serious crime put on the back-burner for even longer than they are now, assault charges averaging 2 years before it sees the inside of a courtroom.
Ffs I never thought of that... If we win on Sunday domestic abuse cases will be sky high (again).. and the cops will do f'all as they will awe be outside Celtic pubs looking for people smiling the wrong way 🙁

My point was more in terms of the things that can be said in public Winter. Not in the safety of your own homes. Not in WhatsApp messages to your mate. Or down the pub.
I mean the public debates.
The world is being taken over by loonies, or worse, with a more sinister agenda. People that are happy to tell young girls to sleep with as many men as they can as the are "boss bitches" that dont need a husband. People that are happy to paint every young, mainly white, guy as the worse thing on earth. People that are happy to tell a 3 year old child that they are, infact, born into the wrong body because they might like pink or blue. People that are happy to tell morbidly obese people that they are big and beautiful, instead of the truth, that they are unhealthy and in danger of killing themselves. This law pretty much prevents the few sane politicians and public figures, who haven't been swept up in the utter madness, from fighting the corner of the people who disagree with the ongoing madness.

How strange is it, one would be fair to think that this new legislation doesn't extend the same protections to include women and misogyny .
Why is that exactly?
Apparently that will come later but not right now, why? Everyone's entitled to ask?
Is it because its simply not possible to police? Id have to say yes .
This is wee Scotland trying to show the way to the rest of the world.
Look at how forward thinking we are !
Oh sorry hen we'll get to you in good time.
Good girl.

My point was more in terms of the things that can be said in public Winter. Not in the safety of your own homes. Not in WhatsApp messages to your mate. Or down the pub.
I mean the public debates.
The world is being taken over by loonies, or worse, with a more sinister agenda. People that are happy to tell young girls to sleep with as many men as they can as the are "boss bitches" that dont need a husband. People that are happy to paint every young, mainly white, guy as the worse thing on earth. People that are happy to tell a 3 year old child that they are, infact, born into the wrong body because they might like pink or blue. People that are happy to tell morbidly obese people that they are big and beautiful, instead of the truth, that they are unhealthy and in danger of killing themselves. This law pretty much prevents the few sane politicians and public figures, who haven't been swept up in the utter madness, from fighting the corner of the people who disagree with the ongoing madness.
Aye I agree with you mate, I do believe though that very little will come of it ,not as much as the powers that be behind it hope for.
Governments are famous for u turns and I can't see this one being any different.
This is Holyrood playing with a live grenade minus it's pin , nothing good will come of it , indeed when the same politicians who voted it through start to fall victim to it themselves then it will get really interesting

While I can understand why this law was brought in Scotland it’s a going nowhere Law, The Sevco supporters on Sunday will continue to pour out thier bile with songs and abuse they wil do that because they think they are above the law and won’t be punished and there’s is plenty of history to why they beleave that,George Sqare ect Sundays game will prove just how just how much effect it will have NONE

While I can understand why this law was brought in Scotland it’s a going nowhere Law, The Sevco supporters on Sunday will continue to pour out thier bile with songs and abuse they wil do that because they think they are above the law and won’t be punished and there’s is plenty of history to why they beleave that,George Sqare ect Sundays game will prove just how just how much effect it will have NONE
Exactly Digger , what's police Scotland going to do if 150,000 reports are made during the game then the next one at CP another 150,000 reports are made.
That should keep the polis busy for a wee while 😆

Go to jail and don't pick up £50 and a double 6 to get out.😄

Members online

Latest posts

Back