Hibernian v Celtic, Easter Road, Saturday 28th October, 3pm kick off

Poor game. Dire to watch. Imo starting eleven was wrong choice. Subs rank.Micky Johnston not a Celtic player in a million years. Jamesie done.Oh not impressed by him at all. Vata should be in first team squad every week.Nothing more to add don't want too rant and rave.

Awful game, awful performance. That one is down to the manager. Picking the eleven who played the majority of the game on Wednesday resulted in a slow, tired, laborious performance. O'Riley, Maeda, Palma, Kyogo, the full backs all miles off their usual levels. Then we come to the subs. Mikey Johnston? Why? Utter crap, still looks like a 16 year old playing with the big guys. The only sub who played well was Forrest, and he missed a sitter that would have won it for us. Rodgers obviously has no trust in a lot of the players we signed in the summer. Lagerbielke and Holm cant even make the bench and Yang cant get on ahead of Johnston. No MOTM today, they were all poor.
A harder game on Wednesday against the kings of sitting deep and frustrating then launching howitzers from set pieces. Many changes needed, if we have the depth to leave out some of the players who have done so well this season.
5 wins and a draw from the opening 6 away games is a good return, but could have been better if we turned up today.
A lot of what you say is spot on Gary but you say it’s down to the manager then pick holes in anybody else that came on.
I’m far from sticking up for the manager, but like many of us said at the start of the season, probably including yourself, beyond the first team there is no one that comes close to matching the first 11.
The 11 that started is our best 11 excluding hatate.
Outside of that there’s not much quality. These other signings aren’t ready or not good enough.

I don’t get this thing people have with MJ. He’s not been fit for years but he’s a Celtic player and I’m sure he’ll come good. Every manager has given him a chance for a reason. He has something called ability but he’s just finding his feet again.

Seems MJ is the new whipping bhoy now JF is nearing the end of his Celtic career.

With each passing game it’s becoming clear that the summer transfer window was really poor. Of the 9 signings/punts only 2 started yesterday, 2 were unused subs and 5 didn’t even make the squad. Of the missing 5 only Nawrocki is still coming back from injury, Tilio and Kwon we’ve never seen so have to assume are hopeless, and Holm and Lagerbielke have been dropped after promising starts (especially Holm).
Yang can’t get on ahead of MJ says everything about how he’s rated by the manager.
To date only Palma, now he is fit and up to speed, is looking like a first pick player signed in the summer. Nawrocki would have been first pick but for injury but will now be back up to CCV and Scales who are now our number 1 pairing.
Spot on
The summer transfer window never improved our first 11 in any way.
But we’ve money to burn

Yesterday was definitely a bit of a surprise for me with the starting line up.
There's the argument of course that you should always start with your strongest 11.

BR recently said that we would definitely not see the same players playing in every game given the amount of games we have to play.
So for me it kinda feels a bit self inflicted from Brendan's selection.

Easy to say now of course with hindsight but I really expected Yang and or Forrest starting with a keen Iwata in midfield.

We might have seen a bit more energy and if it played out the same we then had good options from the bench that could have affected the game.

I'm sure having been praised on his recent tactical changes BR will have to reflect on his decisions yesterday which leaves him with the bogey record of not recording a single win against Hibs at Easter Road in his time at Celtic.

I expect a reaction against a difficult St Mirren side on Wednesday regardless.

We were miles off it yesterday but that result didn't surprise me after a tough mid week game.All of a sudden its back to panic mode and again some doubting the manager and our players being slagged off .We can be a right entitled bunch of arseholes at times when we have no right to think we should be winning every game .

Yesterday was definitely a bit of a surprise for me with the starting line up.
There's the argument of course that you should always start with your strongest 11.

BR recently said that we would definitely not see the same players playing in every game given the amount of games we have to play.
So for me it kinda feels a bit self inflicted from Brendan's selection.

Easy to say now of course with hindsight but I really expected Yang and or Forrest starting with a keen Iwata in midfield.

We might have seen a bit more energy and if it played out the same we then had good options from the bench that could have affected the game.

I'm sure having been praised on his recent tactical changes BR will have to reflect on his decisions yesterday which leaves him with the bogey record of not recording a single win against Hibs at Easter Road in his time at Celtic.

I expect a reaction against a difficult St Mirren side on Wednesday regardless.
And a hard game v the 2nd best team in Scotland 😊
I was sitting with young baz last night

Palma was guilty of playing for himself…..there was a few times he could have played a simple ball to a player in a much better goal scoring position and instead he went for the glory…..I hope someone points this type of thing out to him…
Yes, Palma went too much for the glory yesterday. It is understandable that a youngster is trying too hard to make a big impression - especially after the acclaim he received for his heroics in midweek. He has to learn from this and I've no doubt he will be told this at Lennoxtown. I believe Palma has a very bright future in the game but needs to learn when to lay off and when to go for glory.

Palma was guilty of playing for himself…..there was a few times he could have played a simple ball to a player in a much better goal scoring position and instead he went for the glory…..I hope someone points this type of thing out to him…
After all the excuses tired/off it/ should have rotated/ etc Palma who I also accused of playing for himself should have squared to kyogo for a tap in,I. The first half.
Forrest for the 3rd game coming on missed another sitter
Kilmarnock (lost 2 points) missed a sitter
Motherwell (o’reilly saved his blushes) missed a sitter
Yesterday lost 2 points missed a sitter no totally blaming him but his time is up and shouldn’t be near the first and that been the case for a while (imo)

Yes, Palma went too much for the glory yesterday. It is understandable that a youngster is trying too hard to make a big impression - especially after the acclaim he received for his heroics in midweek. He has to learn from this and I've no doubt he will be told this at Lennoxtown. I believe Palma has a very bright future in the game but needs to learn when to lay off and when to go for glory.
Agree with that and also he has a tendency to cut back inside a lot, hibs defenders worked this out pretty quickly and stole it off his toes a few times.
Can't teach outright pace and I don't think he's blessed with any , Forrest is quicker.
He could do worse than mix it it a bit though as defenders are waiting on that cut back inside.

There were more on the field who chise the wrong option other than palma. Calmac in the first half had four options beside him but went for glory. But then again he is beyond criticism.
Aye we love to pick a player for ritual slaughter was Starfelt now it’s Mikey J or Palma.
God you fans would have loved the nineties
Against the financially doped deid cunts
NOT

HH🍀

Aye we love to pick a player for ritual slaughter was Starfelt now it’s Mikey J or Palma.
God you fans would have loved the nineties
Against the financially doped deid cunts
NOT

HH🍀
Very quick to point out who is not celtic standard a la scales. Most of them players need game time. Then on the other hand you have calmac and ccv who can do no wrong. When ccv fucked up recently it was the usual oh he normally doesn't make them mistakes whereas if scales done it he'd get slaughtered. Even the commentater said yesterday that scales needs to take a leaf out of ccv's book and come forward a lot more. Well I don't know what fuckin game he was watching, because every ball ccv got yesterday he played across the line to scales. People suffer from selective blinkeritis.

There were more on the field who chose the wrong option other than palma. Calmac in the first half had four options beside him but went for glory. But then again he is beyond criticism.
I'd agree with you on Palma. Though I don't think Calmac is beyond criticism, I think given his ability I'd want him to shoot from that distance but he didn't get any power on it.
Rodgers I thought got it wrong with his substitutions.
Still we had more than enough chances to win the game.
I also agree with you on the Celtic standard point.
It's difficult to judge who's standard and who isn't if we don't get to see them play. Scales is a good example of that.
I think perhaps Rodgers reckoned Easter Rd wasn't the place for wholesale changes or even changes.
At the end of the day , as Ange always said , we don't see what he sees, same goes for Rodgers.

I'd agree with you on Palma. Though I don't think Calmac is beyond criticism, I think given his ability I'd want him to shoot from that distance but he didn't get any power on it.
Rodgers I thought got it wrong with his substitutions.
Still we had more than enough chances to win the game.
I also agree with you on the Celtic standard point.
It's difficult to judge who's standard and who isn't if we don't get to see them play. Scales is a good example of that.
I think perhaps Rodgers reckoned Easter Rd wasn't the place for wholesale changes or even changes.
At the end of the day , as Ange always said , we don't see what he sees, same goes for Rodgers.
What about James Forrest the 5 yard pass man sideways or backwards hasn’t beaten a full back in about 5 years since his hat trick at st Johnstone under St Brendan’s first spell

Back