Hibernian v Celtic, Easter Road, Saturday 28th October, 3pm kick off

reading All the posts so far it isn’t the points posters are moanin about it’s the performance??a thot brendan should have started way the team that finished the match,,that way if there not doing it u have 45 min to rectify it with our better class players….what the fuck has iwata and Odin done to piss brendan off??
Rodgers got praised to the high heavens for the other night, but he has to take the blame for today.

Was checking other league tables 2006/2007 successful season we lost 5 and drawn 5 .....2007/2008 lost 6 draw 6 they 2 seasons we reached the last 16 of champions league......as Celtic fans we have been spoiled and even if we lost 2 or 3 nill today a think it would be harsh to criticise (especially with the success we have had in recent years) Europe tho is different as we haven't won in ages.....obv everyone has own opinions

To salvage my weekend and coming week, I have to rely on the ' Mini Huns' guided by Naismith, with Brother Beaton as referee, aided and abetted by his Acolyte Muir on VAR on getting a result at the Cesspit. Tavpen in the first 15 minutes? Just to settle the nerves, like.⚖. Ah well, it will be a day for keeping the faith !

Last edited:
reading All the posts so far it isn’t the points posters are moanin about it’s the performance??a thot brendan should have started way the team that finished the match,,that way if there not doing it u have 45 min to rectify it with our better class players….what the fuck has iwata and Odin done to piss brendan off??
Yeah, totally fair mate. But there was a bit of recriminations towards the club based on one result. I think if we’re doing that on every game we’re being a short termist as a board that only focuses on bank balance

IMO a wee bit harsh on Matt, Gary. I thought he kept trying but it was difficult when surrounded by so many colleagues who were having an off day.

I thought Yang showed some early promise and deserves more of a chance. I am astonished Iwata played no part in the last couple of matches.

Our players looked tired which isn't a surprise. We need to freshen things up.

Today was dire but overall 8 wins and 2 draws is an excellent return given we had a very tough fixture list.
I'm also astonished about Iwata 's lack of minutes. Understand he's a dmf but he also can score and has never been given a run in the team.
J league player of the year when we signed him , he's never complained and has bided his time , he should've in my (non) expert opinion got a chance having scored his first goal recently to carry that on. Difficult to give everyone game time but Rodgers choice of subs was wrong I thought.
I'm not going to hit the panic button or slate the players too much, I found Rodgers substitutions a head scratcher, though I still thought Forrest and Mikey actually lifted our attacking threat.
I also think not much credit has been given to Hibs who put in as good a bus depot display as I've seen this season.
They were resolute, put bodies on the line ,defended at all costs and lumped the ball up the park the plan to stifle us worked and they stuck to their task well.
Still undefeated after this run is impressive if today was not, we still extended our lead at the top, if we're doing that whist shite fair enough.
Only one side tried to win the game that was us , should've won it with Forrest strike off the bar.
Things happen in football and St mirren game should be different, they'll try to play, something hibs used to do against us.

I would bring Vata into the squad for the next match instead of Oh. Also I would start Iwata instead of Bernardo and Yang instead of Palma. BR has to set down a marker. Nothing like being dropped. Especially if you know you we're poor and somebody is chasing your place. Hopefully AJ will be ok.

You see it your way I see it mine.

I think we won trophies despite him, you think we won trophies because of him.

I'm convinced that he thinks a competitive league with a healthy "old firm " is more marketable.

However the TV money whilst a major factor in some leagues, is fuck all in ours.

So I don't give a fuck if the league is marketable or not. I just want to put those cunts in their grave and hope they fucking stay there this time.
Yes, the healthy 'Old Firm' is so marketable that we get Sky's leftovers after they splash out on the EPL. And it's not just PL's 'OF' tunnel vision that is a problem, Neil Doncaster should be doing something more to bring a decent TV deal in too.

I would bring Vata into the squad for the next match instead of Oh. Also I would start Iwata instead of Bernardo and Yang instead of Palma. BR has to set down a marker. Nothing like being dropped. Especially if you know you we're poor and somebody is chasing your place. Hopefully AJ will be ok.

Palma was guilty of playing for himself…..there was a few times he could have played a simple ball to a player in a much better goal scoring position and instead he went for the glory…..I hope someone points this type of thing out to him…

With each passing game it’s becoming clear that the summer transfer window was really poor. Of the 9 signings/punts only 2 started yesterday, 2 were unused subs and 5 didn’t even make the squad. Of the missing 5 only Nawrocki is still coming back from injury, Tilio and Kwon we’ve never seen so have to assume are hopeless, and Holm and Lagerbielke have been dropped after promising starts (especially Holm).
Yang can’t get on ahead of MJ says everything about how he’s rated by the manager.
To date only Palma, now he is fit and up to speed, is looking like a first pick player signed in the summer. Nawrocki would have been first pick but for injury but will now be back up to CCV and Scales who are now our number 1 pairing.

Back