Hollywood managers. Be careful what we wish for ?

McManus is a great Celtic man, he captained the Club well through Jinky passing and TB too. There's little doubt he'll be keeping players well informed of what they're playing for!

Don't know at what stage his coaching skills are, tho...

'Mon The 'Tic!
The "Celtic man" tag means fek all(look at Lennon). I think we need someone without green tinted glasses to make objective decisions to take us forward.

Barnes was doing alright until Larsson broke his leg. Shit went down hill fast from there 😆
i remember being a wee bhoy and watching Barnes first press conference
he extolled the virtues of the 4-2-2-2 formation and how it was the best formation etc.

i remember turning round to my dad and saying, should our manager be telling other managers how he's going to set his team up at his first conference, was all a bit naive from him

The man who destroyed both Lenny and 10 iar and still has not had the balls to apologise to the fans..

HH.
Mr. Parsimonious Parasite.

The "Celtic man" tag means fek all(look at Lennon). I think we need someone without green tinted glasses to make objective decisions to take us forward.
Thank christ then Stevie. That rules out Martin Oneil and Michael O'Neil, Keane, Rodgers the Rat, McCarthy and maybe Clarke as well. Some hope then.

I think if we were serious we would dispense with all unemployed Irish players and managers. The 2 best hopes for me would be Rangernick and Benitez. We need quality.

Last edited:
Don't know why we keep going on about McGinn at the time he was not worth the money been asked and down south he is no better than what type of player we were attracting up here like Armstrong.
McGinn was not eactly setting the heather on fire at Hibs my recollection of Hibs best season was stokes and Henderson and the captain Gray. Sometimes you do not be held to ransom and that was the deal with Dempsey at Hibs and Petrie, they knew they could get the money down south even if he was pish, thats the market down there and they played a game with us, we made a decent offer and personally I dont think McGinn fancied it.
McGinn IMO has been hit and miss when playing for his country, easily robbed of the ball if pressed quickly, hence the goal he cost us v Belguim, he has a low sense of gravity attribute and a bit of strength, but is not the sharpest upstairs.
Same with Andy Roberson down at Liverpool since no VVD they have all fell to pieces at the back, best left back down south is KT, strolls through the games when fit and has the better football brain. Anyway my wee tuppence worth. Sorro, Turnbull , good bit of business, big Julian good bit of business, players out to come in fresh Mikey Johnson and Forrest squad is still the best in Scotland, just need a coach who knows how to change things, basically one who watches the game and sees the issues.

I really hope the tradition of giving the job to someone because they played for us or might have had a picture of jock Stein on their wall growing up has left with Lennon and Lawwell. I personally could not give a fuck who they supported or support as long as they are a good manager who knows how to get the best of the players.

I really hope the tradition of giving the job to someone because they played for us or might have had a picture of jock Stein on their wall growing up has left with Lennon and Lawwell. I personally could not give a fuck who they supported or support as long as they are a good manager who knows how to get the best of the players.
I personally hope its someone with no ties to Celtic or Scottish football

Exactly. Let's get the best possible person we can afford who can deliver short-term success and set us up with a medium & long-term strategy for performing more consistently at a higher level in Europe.

Couldn't agree more mate, every time I hear the words 'he's a good Celtic man' or 'he knows Scottish fitbaw' in relation to the next manager I fucking despair.

We need to get away from this narrow outlook or we will never progress.

This could be the man we are looking for,but the question is,,is he looking for us..

HH.
The question is he willing to take a massive drop in wages? Are we willing to pay maybe above Rodgers level wages? I actually think rafa will take a big drop in wages cause hes wanting a good project apparently but is DD willing to put out more in wages than rodgers got or even that amount he was on I dont know hope he does of course rafa wid be magic but it's a pipe dream innit?

Back