In the cold light of day

Do not know if this has been stated. Beeb rotant scotland states one stadia in glasgow has not been given a safety certificate in the last nineteen years. Wonder who that was. They could not say. Ah well we know know who is was. Shitty little place.

TET, as usual you give me a lot to think about with your post, Ben may well be a decent bloke, I like reading the views of the vast majority of posters on here, from the rebels to the flat earth man (can't be beat for comedy value by the way)
I'm really shocked at how people fall for propaganda from countries like Britain and America, they have fooled the majority into believing they are free, a perfect example, within the last 72 hours the Belfast Telegraph pulled a story from it's website and twitter feed, it was about a former member of the Glenanne gang who said the British state had urged him and his colleagues to attack a catholic primary school during the Troubles, they knew that the outcome would be retaliation, that was the aim.
The post truth era we now live in is a dangerous and a brilliant tactic used heavily by the Brits to fool the public and keep them off the scent of any scandal, I watch these bastards closely, the patterns are there for all to see if you even pay a wee bit of attention.
The next time Britain mess up on the world stage or is embarrassed politically, within 24 hours a statement along the lines of "MI6 have thwarted 50 terrorist attacks on Britain in the last 6 months"
Every major media outlet in Britain will cover this bullshit for a few days, this is all it takes until the good folk of Britain have another reason to be outraged, (the wrong person voted off x factor, Tommy the tit Robinson arrested, or a young muslim woman wants to return to Britain from Syria.)
I used to put all the blame on this country's faults on the people in control, but the older I get, the more I get angry with Joe public, we let these monsters get away with murder and do or say nothing about it.
The freedom that we are supposed to enjoy comes with a heavy price tag, a mainstream media that is poisoning the masses with propaganda, if the peoples first reaction is to trust what news they are being fed, then we are truly fucked, sadly in this instance Ben seems to have fallen hook line and sinker for it.
I don’t know if you’ve watched it , but an Adam Curtis documentary, “ The Century of the Self “ is quite instructive as to modern propaganda , the father of which is Edward Bernays . Some parts might be open to interpretation, but otherwise a great watch .. it’s also long ,but well worth watching.

Back