Is anyone really surprised?

For every person who wants to boycott Paradise, Ian, there are more than double that who would take their place.
Shammy, I don't believe that anyone really wants to boycott Paradise, but many fans feel impotent or just unable to bring the board to account. The ordinary fan has no real strength. We are taken for granted and manipulated by the self serving Tory bastards that comprise our board.
They don't want 10 in a row because it will destroy both Sevco and their business plan.
They feed off the carcass of the 'old firm' and do not want to rock the boat. They know better and don't care about the opinions of the supporters

Im a little confused by some of the revolution stuff.

Im all for a better communicating board. Im all for a better team on the pitch. Im all for a better match experience for the fans to feel included and valued.

But I would like to know what exactly is the better plan?

For me, imo, the players we have are not paid EPL wages and some probably could cut it there.

So number 1 we have players at club willing to play for jersey despite the bigger wages they could earn elsewhere.

2. The board are too silent in face of calumny and appear too distant at times (if not all the time) for that reason alone they annoy me.

3. Club wages have never been higher ever, we pay almost double Sevco (thats not including PL) So skint flint tag is not true.

4. Despite massive wages on offer we cant match EPL wages, yet it would appear some fans think we should be breaking bank to get some EPL level players. I think thats madness. If EPL standard wants play for Celtic like we already have quite few, then they must fit our wage structure for their squad classification, otherwise we will go burst.

5. Im not too sure what kind of welcome other fans would like at club but I've never once went parkhead and felt unwelcome. Maybe I dont understand the point being made, so maybe clarification on what welcome means would be welcome.

I wouldn't have been happy if we had signed any of the players sevco signed when they did. I didn't rate them then. But Gerrard has made those gash players a decent hungry team.

We seem to be tired and perhaps less hungry than previous seasons.

Perhaps my choice of manager Lennon is part of the problem? I hope not. Cause I love the guy.

But what exactly is the revolution fans generally want see happen?

What does revolution mean if its not boycott?

And what exactly are the terms of this revolution?

Does it involve increasing wage budget to further beyond limit? we are already overpaying what we can afford?

Does being able to afford the players matter? just sign em anyway?

I hear all this negativity but I dont see any solutions that seem viable as yet. But maybe its more simple than I can see?

10 trophies in a row
8 titles in a row
treble treble won and 4th still possible.

Yet board are not ambitious enough?

What should our wage budget be to satisfy the unhappiness?
Who are these better players who are willing to play Celtic on wages we can afford?

Last edited:
Is that your best attempt at calumny pal?
I think Calum would benefit from more physical presence in front of him but the board don't appear to see it that way.
Maybe Jesus knows why the board aren't making the necessary investments in the team. He doesn't talk to me though so, alas, I am unaware of his opinion.

Im a little confused by some of the revolution stuff.

Im all for a better communicating board. Im all for a better team on the pitch. Im all for a better match experience for the fans to feel included and valued.

But I would like to know what exactly is the better plan?

For me, imo, the players we have are not paid EPL wages and some probably could cut it there.

So number 1 we have players at club willing to play for jersey despite the bigger wages they could earn elsewhere.

2. The board are too silent in face of calumny and appear too distant at times (if not all the time) for that reason alone they annoy me.

3. Club wages have never been higher ever, we pay almost double Sevco (thats not including PL) So skint flint tag is not true.

4. Despite massive wages on offer we cant match EPL wages, yet it would appear some fans think we should be breaking bank to get some EPL level players. I think thats madness. If EPL standard wants play for Celtic like we already have quite few, then they must fit our wage structure for their squad classification, otherwise we will go burst.

5. Im not too sure what kind of welcome other fans would like at club but I've never once went parkhead and felt unwelcome. Maybe I dont understand the point being made, so maybe clarification on what welcome means would be welcome.

I wouldn't have been happy if we had signed any of the players sevco signed when they did. I didn't rate them then. But Gerrard has made those gash players a decent hungry team.

We seem to be tired and perhaps less hungry than previous seasons.

Perhaps my choice of manager Lennon is part of the problem? I hope not. Cause I love the guy.

But what exactly is the revolution fans generally want see happen?

What does revolution mean if its not boycott?

And what exactly are the terms of this revolution?

Does it involve increasing wage budget to further beyond limit? we are already overpaying what we can afford?

Does being able to afford the players matter? just sign em anyway?

I hear all this negativity but I dont see any solutions that seem viable as yet. But maybe its more simple than I can see?

10 trophies in a row
8 titles in a row
treble treble won and 4th still possible.

Yet board are not ambitious enough?

What should our wage budget be to satisfy the unhappiness?
Who are these better players who are willing to play Celtic on wages we can afford?
Don't think it's so much about wage costs and transfer fees TET, it's more about the perception of the board's lack of fight, in the face of mounting hostility aimed at our club via the media mouth pieces,who are still allowed access to Celtic despite the negative garbage they spout on a daily basis about our club,players and support,
the board's lack of fight in the face of blatant discrimination from the SFA, the failure to stand by Ryan Christie
maybe one day, they'll issue a strongly worded statement
in the meantime, to us, the "great unwashed" (hat tip ian bankier :mad: ) it's " shutup and keep givin' us yer money"🍺

I think Calum would benefit from more physical presence in front of him but the board don't appear to see it that way.
Maybe Jesus knows why the board aren't making the necessary investments in the team. He doesn't talk to me though so, alas, I am unaware of his opinion.
Is that your better plan?

Budgets?

Actual reasoned debate might be nice?

Oh and I'm a sectarian based on what exactly?

Don't think it's so much about wage costs and transfer fees TET, it's more about the perception of the board's lack of fight, in the face of mounting hostility aimed at our club via the media mouth pieces,who are still allowed access to Celtic despite the negative garbage they spout on a daily basis about our club,players and support,
the board's lack of fight in the face of blatant discrimination from the SFA, the failure to stand by Ryan Christie
maybe one day, they'll issue a strongly worded statement
in the meantime, to us, the "great unwashed" (hat tip ian bankier :mad: ) it's " shutup and keep givin' us yer money"🍺
I agree on all your points Michael

Ad for those reasons I would like a new board.

But all the other hubris with no plan and accusations based on thin air are disturbing from some long term fans and perhaps some jokers?

Is that your better plan?

Budgets?

Actual reasoned debate might be nice?

Oh and I'm a sectarian based on what exactly?
Do you believe that the Catholic church is one true holy and apostolic church?

Back