Is it time to ditch VAR altogether? BR says it is. Vote.

Ditch it?

• Yes

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Parts of it.

Votes: 7 19.4%

• Total voters
I didn’t say it was an improvement. My point is it can be a catalyst for improvement, however painful. The fact that so many want to give up on something, that is genuinely making us question how our sport is governed, is wrong for me.
Level playing field for all, from the bottom to the top.

time for bed said Zebedee. ( fuck the huns, said Dougal)
to be cont...

Level playing field for all, from the bottom to the top.

time for bed said Zebedee. ( fuck the huns, said Dougal)
to be cont...
Level playing field? Fs that went out the window years ago if it ever existed. Would be fascinating though, the only benefit a side gets is from its supporters and ability.
Which being of an age 50 years young makes me too young, yes im too young , once more " im too young" (still it sounds good)to have witnessed the glory days of 67 , 70, the no small numbers of semi finals etc Celtic played in as well.
One of my earliest memory's of Celtic European campaigns , when being Celtic meant Celtic should be were they were at the ¼final European " Champions" Cup stage where we battered real Madrid 2-0 @CP in 1980 (7yr old) & used to hearing all the talk about what we can do in Europe so it was jawdroppingly unbelievable for me we lost the away leg 3-0 and there would be no more Celtic at such levels for a long long time thereafter. The darkness set in.
A true level playing field would be great but as Cesar himself said " we are underdogs in our own city" and all I've read about previous years I missed, I'm not sure the players and management believed there ever was one.

Clearest offside your ever likely to see in the huns game... Still takes them ages and then they ask the ref to review it....

Correct decision reached, but why so long.... And Kenny Misser didn't commit himself in the commentary box till the decision was made.....
Three players at least 4 feet offside, 1 launches himself in to try to score and misses the ball by a bawhair causing the goalie to mess up the save and a goal from the resultant mess. And it takes them 3 minutes to disallow the goal. Why? It was a 10 second job - the players were well offside and the sevco player clearly interfered with play as he desperately tried to score.

VAR did not want to make the easy decision to rule it out in case they get refused a shot at the goat tonight. It visibly broke McLean's heart to have to disallow it.

Three players at least 4 feet offside, 1 launches himself in to try to score and misses the ball by a bawhair causing the goalie to mess up the save and a goal from the resultant mess. And it takes them 3 minutes to disallow the goal. Why? It was a 10 second job - the players were well offside and the sevco player clearly interfered with play as he desperately tried to score.

VAR did not want to make the easy decision to rule it out in case they get refused a shot at the goat tonight. It visibly broke McLean's heart to have to disallow it.
He made up for it with the penalty though
VAR inexplicably stayed out of that one

Yep, bin it. It has done nothing but make things 100% worse. As anybody with half a brain could foresee. Just cos you can do something doesn't mean you feckin should.

VAR isn't just fecked the way it is used here - it is everywhere. Haaland just won a penalty today for hauling the Chelsea defender like a demented octopus and then flopping to the ground. The game is screwed!

It's the tug on Haaland at the end where he's going for the ball. A lot is normally forgiven until the ball is in the mixer. They were both having a go at each other but when the ball came Inge's lad was fixated on the ball, the other kid was still hanging on to him. Stonewall penalty imho. 👍

V A R - not only Scottish officials who are ''poor'' at analysing debatable incidents . We have suffered some awful decisions from European refs in the last couple of seasons .

It makes you wonder if any of these people have actually played football ( and I don't mean professionally ! ) or actually watch games . They appear unable to understand that football is a physical game ; that not all contact with the ball by hand in the penalty box is a penalty .

The decision that particularly gets me worked up is the ridiculous offside . The Offside rule was to penalise players ''seeking an advantage '' . In my day ( a long time ago , true ) It used to be accepted that the benefit of a close offside call would go in favour of the attacker .
Today with V A R we are spending shedloads of time deciding whether the big toe nail of the attacker is offside , then the officials preen themselves in wiping out so many ''good goals '' . In my view , if there is no daylight between attacker and defender then offside should not apply !

HH

VAR should be a good additional tool to help referees avoid making big errors. But the way football has decided to introduce it is shambolic. They have refused to learn from how other sports use this technology, probably through arrogance of knowing better.

Of course, there is the added complication here is Scotland where it is the same biased incompetent officials using VAR as an extra means to assist the club they support! That won't change until there is a complete overhaul of Scottish football, and that won't happen in my lifetime!
Nor mine !!!!

a don’t feel I’m being over dramatic here but Kyogo could’ve been “ more” seriously injured with that challenge on Sunday,we keep saying var is shit it’s not shit the criminals that are operating it in Scotland are shit,,,at the match yesterday i actually heard the thud of that arsehole going threw the wee man,,this isn’t a joke anymore our players are being assaulted with impunity,these clowns should be getting told if any our staff get physically injured and nothing gets done even with video evidence then,!!It’s the courtroom!!!am sick to the back teeth moaning about this var every single game…
come on to fuck celtic stop being victims..

a don’t feel I’m being over dramatic here but Kyogo could’ve been “ more” seriously injured with that challenge on Sunday,we keep saying var is shit it’s not shit the criminals that are operating it in Scotland are shit,,,at the match yesterday i actually heard the thud of that arsehole going threw the wee man,,this isn’t a joke anymore our players are being assaulted with impunity,these clowns should be getting told if any our staff get physically injured and nothing gets done even with video evidence then,!!It’s the courtroom!!!am sick to the back teeth moaning about this var every single game…
100% mate. Absolutely appalling challenge. Prison sentence that cunt should be facing after that. Hope the wee man is going to be ok

100% correct E ! It’s not the first time either that one of our players are assaulted And it is assault
Do that in the street and you’re lifted No questions asked We are going to end up with another Johnny Thompson if this is not stopped Tackles are one thing but yesterdays attack on Kyogo was brutal assault So what are you going to do about it board ? Wait until it’s too late because that’s coming One of these attacks will be one too far

So in the CL Dallas snr had a hotline to the Ref and /or the VAR judge to get Maeda sent off? And they're really concentrating on our games, cos thats all that matters in world football?
Its a conspiracy.
Oh wait, Rashford got sent off in similar circumstances the very next night.
I think you need to read what I wrote again. I said fuck all about conspiracies or maeda getting sent off or dallas or the huns or anything like that. I was pointing out the different quality of the technology being used in the spfl and the technology in the champions league. I was referring to the fucking state of the lines drawn against maeda last week. Read it again.

Back