Is the 2018/19 Season a failure in your eye?

Simply the best. How dignified.....lol

Really. We didnt turn up paisley. We should have and i would be ??? at this comment.

But we didn’t.

Because yer a pal am not gonna put another emoji up ok

The season hasn’t been a failure, but there have been failings. Not qualifying for the CL due to what seemed like no planning for the loss of players from the WC. No players brought in that has left us running on empty. The acknowledged need for major surgery is a total failure.

I agree our future being top dog is totally reliant upon CL qualification. Our wage bill is unsustainable if we don’t.

Sevco closing the gap is abject failure too. The players we have are burned out. Our performance level has dropped significantly, that too is a failure to acknowledge a threat and respond.

We will win an historic TT, but we cannot overlook the combination of ballsups that witnessed us going from wiping the floor with Sevco, to losing twice in humiliating circumstances.

We will win everything, but we know we have gone backward. How far far we go will depend upon how many strategic failures the board continue to make.

Don’t let the TT divert us from the work needed doing now. Next year will be won or lost this summer. It should have been sealed last summer with £65m extra in the tin, but old complacency’s seem to be endemic.

A succes in terms of trophy’s, but abject failure we have ceded so much ground and have so many positions needing improved.

Last edited:
Failure....... oh the laughs eh?

Champions league is out of most country’s champions, league. Its the billionaires game.

Complete fix and rigged to suit way deeper pockets than Celtics. Fs you only have to look at the seedings

Anyway on the verge of a triple treble and a lad living in OZ thinks history making is failure.

You see how well.... silly at the least your statement is?

Probs not.

But hey history none the less in a fortnight.

Oo Ah Up the Ra
Hope you’re right Maria and the treble treble comes up. The only disappointment I have is the quality of football we’ve played this year against defensive minded teams. We’ve struggled a few times with the high pressing teams too. But the biggest fault for me has been the lack of urgency at times. I can see a lot of good young players coming through and our future looks bright but can’t wait till we get the wee man back up front and return too two main strikers

Hope you’re right Maria and the treble treble comes up. The only disappointment I have is the quality of football we’ve played this year against defensive minded teams. We’ve struggled a few times with the high pressing teams too. But the biggest fault for me has been the lack of urgency at times. I can see a lot of good young players coming through and our future looks bright but can’t wait till we get the wee man back up front and return too two main strikers

Who are these good young players coming big through? Not one is ready or good enough if we want to move up a gear. If none of them can get a game when we are down to playing Hayes at left back then I think we can safely say they ain’t as good as we need.

Johnson looks the best and he was shown up to be hopelessly out of his depth on Sunday.

I hope you’re right, but in the last 25 years, we have produced about four genuinely good players who held down a first team place. I can’t see that changing anytime soon.

I'm not sure that this view will go down well back home (I now live in Melbourne) but I personally think this season has been a failure!!!

I'm not overally bothered by the Scottish Cup and the League Cup it's the League and the Champions League that matters most to me. And missing out on the champions league means that this season goes down as a failure.

My view is that games in Europe are the most important, they bring the most enjoyment (full houses) and the most money. However we constantly treat it with disrespect. I can understand why the board doesn't spend our War Chest of cash (nothing borrowed I might add).....because the vast majority of fans just care about beating Sevco.

Sevco are improving, they were a fairly descent Europa league team this season taking it to the last game before bowing out..... we're a Europa league team too! If we don't get to the Champions League then we will have a huge fight on our hands next season just to win the league. Make no mistake Sevco are hungry we need to get that hunger too, as everyone has seen us regress over the last year. We need a Champions League standard team to finish above them.

Missing out on Champions league I blame the board and Rodgers..... The board for not backing Rodgers and Rodgers for not beating a woeful AEK with the squad we had.

The next managers prerequisite has to be 1: Qualification for the Champions League (Every Season) if not you get the sack. Champions league football means we must win the league too (Win - Win). I don't care if he plays under 21's in the FA and League cup (even against Sevco) it's a total of 9 games if you get to the final of both) that really just clogs up the season.

We have 8 games a year to get into the champions league....our biggest games, and we don't prepare for them adequately. Yes, we have to take some pain (not actively going for the cups), but I would rather be playing Barca, Man U, Benfica, Dortmund, Inter at a packed Parkhead then playing Alloa with a full team with 20,000 fans at the ground.

Hopefully the Treble Treble changes the way we think as a club, a Champions League priorities games and beds in youngsters in less important games.

Hail Hail!
The season has been a success obviously. Weare celtic. We know we have to work hard to win anything in this country.. We are not Huns we have no sense of entitlement or a supiority complex.

As for next season another title will do me

Who are these good young players coming big through? Not one is ready or good enough if we want to move up a gear. If none of them can get a game when we are down to playing Hayes at left back then I think we can safely say they ain’t as good as we need.

Johnson looks the best and he was shown up to be hopelessly out of his depth on Sunday.

I hope you’re right, but in the last 25 years, we have produced about four genuinely good players who held down a first team place. I can’t see that changing anytime soon.
Ralston, Henderson, Miller, Ajer, Morgan Johnson, Dembele & Teirney in my opinion are all capable of stepping in in the next few years to be vital cogs in our future but time will tell. ???

I'm not sure that this view will go down well back home (I now live in Melbourne) but I personally think this season has been a failure!!!

I'm not overally bothered by the Scottish Cup and the League Cup it's the League and the Champions League that matters most to me. And missing out on the champions league means that this season goes down as a failure.

My view is that games in Europe are the most important, they bring the most enjoyment (full houses) and the most money. However we constantly treat it with disrespect. I can understand why the board doesn't spend our War Chest of cash (nothing borrowed I might add).....because the vast majority of fans just care about beating Sevco.

Sevco are improving, they were a fairly descent Europa league team this season taking it to the last game before bowing out..... we're a Europa league team too! If we don't get to the Champions League then we will have a huge fight on our hands next season just to win the league. Make no mistake Sevco are hungry we need to get that hunger too, as everyone has seen us regress over the last year. We need a Champions League standard team to finish above them.

Missing out on Champions league I blame the board and Rodgers..... The board for not backing Rodgers and Rodgers for not beating a woeful AEK with the squad we had.

The next managers prerequisite has to be 1: Qualification for the Champions League (Every Season) if not you get the sack. Champions league football means we must win the league too (Win - Win). I don't care if he plays under 21's in the FA and League cup (even against Sevco) it's a total of 9 games if you get to the final of both) that really just clogs up the season.

We have 8 games a year to get into the champions league....our biggest games, and we don't prepare for them adequately. Yes, we have to take some pain (not actively going for the cups), but I would rather be playing Barca, Man U, Benfica, Dortmund, Inter at a packed Parkhead then playing Alloa with a full team with 20,000 fans at the ground.

Hopefully the Treble Treble changes the way we think as a club, a Champions League priorities games and beds in youngsters in less important games.

Hail Hail!
A treble treble would mean a success in my little eye. As for Europ, it has become a dream and any hope of success there is a while away. Not beating the Huns in their ain midden (two woeful displays) is the only black spot.
This year I would rest the first team, no internationals and no euro qualifiers, until August. Failure to win the league this year is NOT an option. Playing squad players only in the cups should also be considered.

A treble treble would mean a success in my little eye. As for Europ, it has become a dream and any hope of success there is a while away. Not beating the Huns in their ain midden (two woeful displays) is the only black spot.
This year I would rest the first team, no internationals and no euro qualifiers, until August. Failure to win the league this year is NOT an option. Playing squad players only in the cups should also be considered.

How’s the holiday weedoc? Its beautiful today here. Just back from seeing the fishes masel.

Now did you get yersel some man time and did mrs doc make you pay heavily for it ???

Yep!

If we do the treble, treble I can’t see it being repeated.

We concentrate on the league and Europe and rest the majority of the core of the team elsewhere.

It will give fringe players the opportunity to step up and we might even uncover a hidden gem or two

How’s the holiday weedoc? Its beautiful today here. Just back from seeing the fishes masel.

Now did you get yersel some man time and did mrs doc make you pay heavily for it ???
Hi Maria. Havin a great time. Sightseeing in Tarragona yesterday, a wee boat ride today. Just finished off a wee little of sangria ... It's nap time now. No man time yet. Still think squad players for the cups is a good idea zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi Maria. Havin a great time. Sightseeing in Tarragona yesterday, a wee boat ride today. Just finished off a wee little of sangria ... It's nap time now. No man time yet. Still think squad players for the cups is a good idea zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sounds like the Docs are having a great time. More power to y’all.
Knew you were a scaredy cat getting that man time ???

HH pal take care ☘️

Members online

No members online now.

Back