January Transfer Window Thread

Who identified Barkas as a potential player and who approved his signing? Do we actually know? Was it Lawwell or Hammond, was it lennon?

Lennon is now saying he's not up to speed with the Scottish game, can't deal with the physicality of it and needs to improve ALL aspects of his game before he gets back in the team.

How can we pay £5m for a goalkeeper who needs to improve all aspects of his game before he gets into the team??

Need to keep at them to get him in this window, i know the league is done but Duffy should never wear the Celtic jersey again, also it get him up and running with the Scottish game.

would like to see him play so we know what we are getting for next season.

A left sided centre back. That'll do me for this window unless Elhamed is off ( is Phil O'Donnell out of contract this summer ) although I'd still love Karlsson from Sparta Prague and the big goalie from Dundee United if Barkas is homesick ( I think the boy looks thin, depressed and a bit lost like Pukki who was a smashing wee player in the wrong league at the wrong time )

Dear Preston fan, we have a goalkeeper here called Barkas, great shot stopper, saves penalties, commands his boax, agile as a cat, best keeper I've ever seen.
Unfortunately he's not settled to life in Glasgow but he does have a great love of Lancashire, at £8m I think he'd be an absolute bargain.
Yours a Celtic fan xx

Last edited:
Reports tonight are that Hibs have had bids from EFL clubs for Nisbet (£2m Birmingham) & Porteous (£1m Millwall). If those are the prices they are available for should we be in for either or both of them?
Nisbet is top scorer in the Premiership this season and Porteous was in Scotland squad earlier in the season. Far from the finished articles but both have potential.
Given the player turnover we face in the summer, and the new Brexit rules meaning signing players from abroad, especially markets we usually look in, very difficult, could be low cost squad players who could improve with us (assuming new management team in the summer).

Reports tonight are that Hibs have had bids from EFL clubs for Nisbet (£2m Birmingham) & Porteous (£1m Millwall). If those are the prices they are available for should we be in for either or both of them?
Given the player turnover we face in the summer, and the new Brexit rules meaning signing players from abroad, especially markets we usually look in, very difficult, could be low cost squad players who could improve with us (assuming new management team in the summer).
I would say yes to both. I suggested Nisbet a few weeks back but some folks were against him as he is a sevco fan - I wouldn't care as long as he was professional and did a job for us.

Back