January Transfer Window Thread

There is undoubtedly some guessing but most of it is based on information that has been collected when it has entered the public domain such as publicity for new deals and contracts, etc (and not from Lawwell babbling). Even if there is a fair bit of leeway then it is is still telling us that Elhamed and many others are still earning a LOT more than Christie - no wonder he is a wee bit hacked off!
Maybe he is BB, especially if you bring moi back on the over priced wages you are wasting on him was bound to upset a few players within the squad.

Much as it pains me to say this, I’m not too sure fault lies at Lawwells door on this one. I think we’ve been used by the player and his agent to scare up interest down south and the player had absolutely won a watch with Liverpool coming in for him. He’ll play one or two games in the league cup or fa cup then get farmed out on loan somewhere and finally get sold to Wigan or Rochdale or someone like that having wasted 2 -3 years at the peak of his career. Think we’ve possibly dodged a bullet maybe attitude wise?
Fair point , his ambition wouldve been a move to such a club through us anyway.

Just listened to Scott Bain interview,he is expecting a run of games and his favourite saying sounds to be,,I would,nt say that,,almost every question he was asked,,,he replied,,I would,nt say that,these media interviews are a waste of time,the player present is asked the same questions as the guy before him and funny enough they all want to back the gaffer,,cant wait for Eddy,Ollie,Christie etc to hear how much they back Lenny..

HH.
Ano am sick of these interviews wit else can the players say?? Its monotonous it's as if they want to brain wash us into believing lennys a good manager😱

We could have bought him last summer for 1m quid when no one else was interested in him, but we decided to wait and get him for nothin in January for next season even though he was needed for this season. We could have signed him on the first of January, but we decided to go on a fuckin holiday and hold out (as usual) til the last minute thinkin we had the player by the balls a la John McGinn, but again lawells approach has backfired spectacularly. And by all accounts he is an outstanding defender. Maybe it's him who has dodged the bullet.
I don’t honestly remember his name being in the mix last summer though that could easily be my memory - not what it used to be 😀
Yes we could have signed him at the start of January - but it takes two signatures on a contract and my point is, the way it’s panned out it seems to me to be the player - or more likely his agent - who has been stringing it out. Been a lot of people talking his ability up today but read what Mark Lawrenson said about him - decent Championship defender but nowhere near standard for Liverpool. I suppose time will tell - he may play a bit rest of the season but once VVD and Gomez back he’ll disappear from view.

I am actually glad we never signed Davies....here's a guy who has been offered more money, he will play for a few games until Liverpool get their stars back....he will then wallow in the reserves and be sent out on loan to ermmmm.Preston.....fuck him

I don’t honestly remember his name being in the mix last summer though that could easily be my memory - not what it used to be 😀
Yes we could have signed him at the start of January - but it takes two signatures on a contract and my point is, the way it’s panned out it seems to me to be the player - or more likely his agent - who has been stringing it out. Been a lot of people talking his ability up today but read what Mark Lawrenson said about him - decent Championship defender but nowhere near standard for Liverpool. I suppose time will tell - he may play a bit rest of the season but once VVD and Gomez back he’ll disappear from view.
Not buying into that as you may well be right with what has gone on.
We knew before the window opened we needed a CB as a matter of urgency with Jules out for likely the rest of the season.
So why did we leave it until the last day to be let down?
What the fuck has this so called scouting team been paid for now?
If a player won't sign then move on and look for someone else, but no we just sit on our arses and then try and play a hard luck story.
Never known a time on us paying out so much money to personal and getting fuck all in return for the money being paid.
Absolutely disgusted

Have to say that after the magnificent loan signing of Duffer, I can't wait to see the latest one in action. 🙄
Just read a report where Neil Lennon shouted at big Shane, after he headed the ball with his head like a thruppeny bit
"Shane show some fucking composure !!!"
Now, far be it from me to imply that Shane Duffy does not fit the mould of VVD, or even Marvin Commper, but he's beginning to look like a Disney character, Bambi on ice, springs to mind
As you say Shammy, this latest loan signing must be some player, 3rd choice at Everton, and only here for 6 months, with no buy clause
He'll be trying to get a run of games in order to get his move, somewhere else in England, or the Continent
If I was Anthony Ralston, I'd be chapping Neil Lennon's door and asking what the fuck is the score ?

A clusterfuck of a season due to inept management, players being shipped out, transfer targets missed as usual and we bring in 1 loan player. WTF does Lawwell think? This will placate the support? If he believes this is doing anything along those lines he’s as fkn delusional as Lennon.
As i've said earlier BB, the suits think this seasons a write off and are in the holding position
lawell leaving was meant to placate the unrest, but they're misjudging it
supporters aint really bothered about players coming in under current management, they want to see us moving forward re. matters on the park with next season in mind.
for that to happen, we would rather lennon goes now and the new guy gets the remainder to make his mark on the team, decide of those that aint waiting on the next bus, who he wants to keep and then is able to identify his targets ahead of CL qualifiers

As a Club we aim to come out of every transfer stronger than when we went in;
How did that go this year Pete ?
Ah we're on a stronger financial footing
no sure we are weaker tbf

for me wee frimpong was no champion quality yet, so rb cant be much less productive if he tried

And Ntcham seemed bit part in position we probably have too many players.

After the monster spending spree in summer (at one point hailed as the best transfer window in years) we are far from on a stronger financial footing especially the way the whole team are being utilised by lennon.

I would like upgrades across the team

But im no sure they could have spent more this season in this broken market and if im honest the higher profile huge wage players dont seem any better than the young guys not getting much game time.

stronger financial footing?

how do you come to that conclusion.

We need to really fix the wage bill down before it gets us in deep merge.

much harder to fix when fans are demanding spending while income is declining rapidly on top of huge gambles that have so far failed badly this season.

im o sure sure the boulders helped the situation either

no sure we are weaker tbf

for me wee frimpong was no champion quality yet, so rb cant be much less productive if he tried

And Ntcham seemed bit part in position we probably have too many players.

After the monster spending spree in summer (at one point hailed as the best transfer window in years) we are far from on a stronger financial footing especially the way the whole team are being utilised by lennon.

I would like upgrades across the team

But im no sure they could have spent more this season in this broken market and if im honest the higher profile huge wage players dont seem any better than the young guys not getting much game time.

stronger financial footing?

how do you come to that conclusion.

We need to really fix the wage bill down before it gets us in deep merge.

much harder to fix when fans are demanding spending while income is declining rapidly on top of huge gambles that have so far failed badly this season.

im o sure sure the boulders helped the situation either
So how do we get this wage bill down then?
Already operating with a squad that must be over 30 odd with a good few not even in the reckoning whatsoever of even making the subs bench.
How many is it we got now that pick up a wage for doing fuck all when they don't even want to be here?
The obvious answer is to get them out of the door, but can't cause no one is interested in them.
So now we have let there value decrease even more by running there contacts down by another 6 months.
Let's sell frimpong to hide another fine mess that Laurel and Hardy have gotten us into

Back