Johnston : Academy Breakout of the Year

I thought Mickey looked great the other night. A real threat. Thought he looked a little " lightweight" at times when played last season. Seemed so confident on the ball last night and it's just his natural physique that enables him to twist and turn players easily at times. One to watch.
HH?
Without a doubt Stevie. Saw a post match interview he did after the Under20's won and he came across as a very young lad, a tad immature. Possibly the case physically too as Lennon points out. Given that overall immaturity and what he can already produce, it is no real leap of faith to say we have a genuine talent that we've produced ourselves. The lad can be what he wants to be with the natural talent. Let's hope he has the work ethic and belief in himself to match. Genuinely excited about the boy!

Without a doubt Stevie. Saw a post match interview he did after the Under20's won and he came across as a very young lad, a tad immature. Possibly the case physically too as Lennon points out. Given that overall immaturity and what he can already produce, it is no real leap of faith to say we have a genuine talent that we've produced ourselves. The lad can be what he wants to be with the natural talent. Let's hope he has the work ethic and belief in himself to match. Genuinely excited about the boy!

Was one game in particular were he was really awesome and scored couple goals, not that long ago.

Is he a winger or striker or both?

Place is s fkn joke.

Someone attacks my faith and me and Tet are the bad guys.

Any of you in chapel hang your fkn heads in shame.

And the other disrespectful cunts with something to say, your respect and humanity are sickening to watch.

Few right down in my estimation here this day.

seen a couple of post match interviews he gave,comes across as a mature,articulate, intelligent young man,watching him play, he's a gifted footballer and he's at the right club,he'll be looked after(unlike when BR threw him under the bus at ipox!) and will get more opportunities to showcase his talents.

seen a couple of post match interviews he gave,comes across as a mature,articulate, intelligent young man,watching him play, he's a gifted footballer and he's at the right club,he'll be looked after(unlike when BR threw him under the bus at ipox!) and will get more opportunities to showcase his talents.
Aye that game was odd?

Was that Rodgers trying to show that he needed better strikers?

Cant quite understand why he looked to set up to have no out ball?

Was one game in particular were he was really awesome and scored couple goals, not that long ago.

Is he a winger or striker or both?
He ran the show against Hearts but it was a dead rubber. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but he scored a couple I think against Motherwell too earlier in the season. He was unstoppable that day. Before Ibrox.
Looked every bit like he could play as a striker. I'd say development wise it may be better to have him out wide, but in time he'll simply be a forward, including a number 10.

Certain Lenny likes him. He will also look after him too. Tierney type overplay needs to be avoided but a few good runs with some rest in between will do him the world of good.

Aye that game was odd?

Was that Rodgers trying to show that he needed better strikers?

Cant quite understand why he looked to set up to have no out ball?
A lot of questions in that game! To be fair we had no fit strikers, but like you said we didn't play to his strengths or support him. Under the bus was the right phrase imo

There is reason in what TET was possibly insinuating. A wee message to the board that the players needed help, hence the loan signings and Bayo.
Agree that he was playing silly buggers trying to send a message to the fans & board. But also Rodgers had this arrogance and ego which made him believe he could coach any skillful player to play any position. This was his big failing in his latter days at Liverpool where he played lightweight winger/forward Raheem Sterling as full back. This was a repeated failure and also disillusioned Sterling enough to make him want to leave.

Rather than a number 10 I see MJ more as an inside right either cutting inside to support the striker or out wide to cross into the box. He definitely has the skill to make it big, just comes down to developing strength (mental and physical).

Members online

Latest posts

Back