Jota to the Saudi league

Coz he’s got four years left on his contract doesn’t mean we can ask for big mullah??
it’s based on his wages here?we pay half decent wages but not enough that we can ask for ridiculous sale prices that’s just the way it is??can’t fault the guy going for the rumoured £192 foooosand a week….fucksake if he wants someone to clean his boots over there am spare??£450 a week+ grub👍al grab a spare tent at transmit,,sorted.
Yes mate! We should tell them it's £50M, see if they're daft enough 😀

You can never hold people back ,for financial profit , then profess to be a club built on charity. Jota has done us good and himself proud, wish him all the best in life. Ange , is the boris of football, boris convinced the majority to defy logic and destroy the economy with brexit,. Ange convinced us he had our interests at heart, but sold out his soul. time will tell how that works out, selling your soul never comes cheap. On the plus side, he achieved a lot with the players brought in and will generate a significant cash flow only PL could waste. Brenda showed a lot of character coming back and credit to DD in making that happen. As a club with an identity with proven dna we will always swim upstream. DD in this case was thrown into the deep end, time will tell if he is curlying out his moustache. The Club moves on, those that leave will never forget it, those that stay will live it,

Cya Jota, dont let that door catch yer erse on the way oot. Off ye pop to join the likes of John Guidetti an Gary Hooper, obscurity awaits.
See when ye retire, it will be US you remember playing for and the time you first heard 'Jota on the wing'. An opportunity wasted.

You can never hold people back ,for financial profit , then profess to be a club built on charity. Jota has done us good and himself proud, wish him all the best in life. Ange , is the boris of football, boris convinced the majority to defy logic and destroy the economy with brexit,. Ange convinced us he had our interests at heart, but sold out his soul. time will tell how that works out, selling your soul never comes cheap. On the plus side, he achieved a lot with the players brought in and will generate a significant cash flow only PL could waste. Brenda showed a lot of character coming back and credit to DD in making that happen. As a club with an identity with proven dna we will always swim upstream. DD in this case was thrown into the deep end, time will tell if he is curlying out his moustache. The Club moves on, those that leave will never forget it, those that stay will live it,
I'm waiting for BRexit 2.0. Aw c'mon, ye's all know its in the post.

I agree with ye. I was only pointing out his reason for going. I have no time for money grabbers either. If he goes he goes. I'm beyond being annoyed by any of this. They're all in it for the dough, bar maybe a fee.
He's 24. If reports his wages will be £10m tax free are true, you can't blame him. He can go for 2 years, earn £20m and come back to Europe at 26 & just entering his prime.
Good luck to him.

we Fans get played like fiddles with players and managers,,big ange way his,“I’m from immigrant stock” and jota way his visiting the brazen heed!!im one of you crap…fuckin pig sick of it….a know we have made plenty out it,but to me a don’t give a hoot,,doesn’t reduce price of season ticket,or buy us better quality players??just puts us at re-start every season….

C'mon bhoys its time for a reality check here.
There is a world of a difference being a born and bred bhoy who loves everything to do Celtic and being an employee of Celtic. Some bhoys live the dream and get to play, manage and/or just work for Celtic. The most obvious one of all was Tommy Burns however there have been quite a few others over the years guys like McNeil, Jinky, Lennox, Clark (still there) Murdoch, Boyd, McStay, Grant etc. etc. The vast majority of the others have enjoyed their time when they were here but it was always just a job and one day they would move on to pasteurs new. Now with the amount of money on offer it is inevitable that this will happen. Tierney leaving us was the biggest shock to me however I understand why he did. At the end of the day we need to recognise the realities of life, enjoy them while we have them and when they do go just find another hero that we can cheer on in their place. HH

I wouldn't say playing in Saudi was a step down for Jota. The standard will be much higher than in Scotland. Saudi qualify for most World Cups and most players play in their own domestic league.

Saudi clubs have won the Asian Champions League 6 times (behind only South Korea & Japan). The imported talent is being shared amongst the clubs so every team will be getting improved.

His manager is fellow Portuguese Nuno Espirito Santo and he will be training and playing alongside serial winners Benzema and Kante.

This league is on the up - whether it lasts or not is unknown. How long before you can watch Saudi league games on Sky/TNT/Viaplay?

If he plays 2 seasons there (he'd have to play 40 seasons at Celtic to earn the same wage!!!) and move to a rich European club at his prime then that is maybe less of a risk to his career than moving to Scotland was?

Footballers and managers are employees earning a wage. This is their profession. We'd all pay to enjoy the privilege of playing in the Hoops, but very few of them see the club in the same way. We might not like it but that is the reality of the situation so we had better get used to it.

I wouldn't say playing in Saudi was a step down for Jota. The standard will be much higher than in Scotland. Saudi qualify for most World Cups and most players play in their own domestic league.

Saudi clubs have won the Asian Champions League 6 times (behind only South Korea & Japan). The imported talent is being shared amongst the clubs so every team will be getting improved.

His manager is fellow Portuguese Nuno Espirito Santo and he will be training and playing alongside serial winners Benzema and Kante.

This league is on the up - whether it lasts or not is unknown. How long before you can watch Saudi league games on Sky/TNT/Viaplay?

If he plays 2 seasons there (he'd have to play 40 seasons at Celtic to earn the same wage!!!) and move to a rich European club at his prime then that is maybe less of a risk to his career than moving to Scotland was?

Footballers and managers are employees earning a wage. This is their profession. We'd all pay to enjoy the privilege of playing in the Hoops, but very few of them see the club in the same way. We might not like it but that is the reality of the situation so we had better get used to it.
Bullseye,BB. Not only am I used to it, I now expect it. The new normal !

My worry here is with Ange gone and Aaron chucking it for health reasons, Brendans back but no ones talking to him yet, and now Jota aint gonna be on the wing anymore.... Wait what was my point... O aye thats potentially 4 songs we cant /wont sing anymore...

O well we can always start up the rebs again 😊😊😊

I must be honest. Out of all of our "stars", the one I thought we could afford to lose the most was Jota. Losing CalMac, Carter-Vickers, Kyogo or Hatate will have a bigger impact on our performances. Jota was inconsistent but still a very very talented match winner.

I suspect we will have teams trying for some of those others before the season kicks off. I would be concerned if we lost AJ or Taylor too as they are so important to our style and also how Rodgers likes to play as well.

The joys of being a very large fish in a very small pond!

Its being reported that Reo might be about to Join Jota at same Saudi club....

Now I'm assuming that Brendan has sanctioned these moves and has plans in place to bolster our squad... Imho come January we'll probably be lucky to have any of the Japanese bhoys left, so I'm expecting a few (5/6)incoming first team ready players. 😱

Good luck to the guys who will forever be a footnote in our history,, not that they will be giving a monkeys as the cash piles in...

Its being reported that Reo might be about to Join Jota at same Saudi club....

Now I'm assuming that Brendan has sanctioned these moves and has plans in place to bolster our squad... Imho come January we'll probably be lucky to have any of the Japanese bhoys left, so I'm expecting a few (5/6)incoming first team ready players. 😱

Good luck to the guys who will forever be a footnote in our history,, not that they will be giving a monkeys as the cash piles in...
FFS the good news just keeps on coming ....this one and or Kyogo would seriously hurt momentum imo.
Would be really pissed off to lose Reo at this stage of his contract.
Pre -season starts Monday we need to be building not regressing.
Feels like we got to enjoy the treble for two minutes and haven't really had inspiring news since.
Are we providing the reported big spending budget once we've sold all our best players ?
A tad negative from myself but I'm getting a bit annoyed and frustrated at how things are shaping up.

Members online

Latest posts

Back