Jota

I'm assuming the Saudis will have to pay him off with at least a huge chunk of his contract? So he doesn't have to move now just for the money? I can see Ange taking him to Spurs.

A genuine thought - do you think they thought they were buying Jota from Liverpool? The whole situation is just so bizarre!

Last edited:
Although the cash offered was eye watering and not a soul on this earth would’ve knocked it back,he was way too young to go to the retirement league….but a think he’s gonny pay the price for it?not many teams going to afford taking him,even on loan,,being honest about it we as celtic fans love him but other teams don’t see him as a top player so won’t part with the mullah it would take🤷‍♂️maybe gonny get passed about the Arab teams like an auld scud book??hope not.

I'm assuming the Saudis will have to pay him off with at least a huge chunk of his contract? So he doesn't have to move niw just for the money? I can see Ange taking him to Spurs.

A genuine thought - do you think they thought they were buying Jota from Liverpool? The whole situation is just so bizarre!
I doubt they thought that, isn't there manager Portuguese?

This isn't about jotas footballing ability , having made 2 sub appearances how could it be.
I'd be very surprised if he goes to any other Saudi club as ex player, club legend Nour has said the" federation has been brave in making this decision quickly"

Regardless if some may want him back or not don't see us willing to bring him back. Hope he finds a new home, but don't exactly feel sorry for him either at this point. We all knew the reasons he went over there and how that fucked up country would mess up his life somehow...and now look.

I see him going back to Portugal or maybe somewhere like Turkey tbh.

He ran for the money 💰 and now he’s not good enough for the retirement party league. He will never play for any Team like the Team he ran away from he’ll not like the lack of adulation he got from the Celtic fans anywhere. Sadly he’ll struggle to get a better place than CP.
good luck but at least your bank balance will be ok pity the fitba will be 💩
Take him back NAW

HH 💰😉

Last edited:
Boring fart that I am, I'll wait and see how this pans out. I'd no problem whatsoever with the boy choosing to secure his financial future. I only wish it would've been to a country with a more acceptable human rights record. Another topic for another forum perhaps.

Would I take him back? If it suited both parties, yes, in the blink of an aye.

7wk8oa.jpg

He's part of the "I could have been a Celtic legend" brigade...they come, they go, for whatever reason...Saudi, beautiful weather, big money, but a repressive regime, with a terrible human rights record, as Frank said, another topic for another time, he did well for us when he played in the Hoops, but imho, he had his chance and good luck to him, but it's a no from me HH

Members online

Latest posts

Back