Jota

Rumours abound that jota, has been outed as gay, which is fine in just about every country in the worldā€¦.apart for Saudi Arabia there it still illegal, punishable by 60 lashes and a jail sentence.

He has only had a handful of games, mostly coming off the bench, nowhere near enough to decide that a player in ā€œnot suitableā€ for the Saudi league.
The eagerness for the Saudiā€™s to get him out the country asap is nothing short of startling.
They are prepared to take a loss of the Ā£25 million transfer fee, pay up his 3 year contract at a cost of Ā£30 million and even pay compensation and let him go on a free transfer

Whilst we all will/should embrace him coming back here whatever his sexuality, Celtic park was a place he was ā€œlovedā€ and idolised, I think heā€™ll join back up with ange at spurs, but if I was him or agent Iā€™d want to come home, a safe place, this story could well go viral, he could be the 1st major football player to come out

Come on home son, weā€™ll happily accept and respect youā€¦..Celtic a club open to allā€¦.šŸ‘šŸ¤šŸ’ššŸ¤
Jota gay!!! That's a new one on me. Don't listen to rumours they have a habit of being untrue and can cause fights in empty houses.

Regardless if some may want him back or not don't see us willing to bring him back. Hope he finds a new home, but don't exactly feel sorry for him either at this point. We all knew the reasons he went over there and how that fucked up country would mess up his life somehow...and now look.

I see him going back to Portugal or maybe somewhere like Turkey tbh.
I would take him back in a heartbeat,,but our board are too slow to see an opportunity,to have pocketed Ā£25 large,then maybe get the guy back ā€œfreeā€ pay him top dollar??itā€™s a no brainerā€¦.the guys got that wee something we require,,we took Rodgers back?would take teirney back,would take ange back.why not jota??

I would take him back in a heartbeat,,but our board are too slow to see an opportunity,to have pocketed Ā£25 large,then maybe get the guy back ā€œfreeā€ pay him top dollar??itā€™s a no brainerā€¦.the guys got that wee something we require,,we took Rodgers back?would take teirney back,would take ange back.why not jota??
Naw. He moved on in a heartbeat. He chose dollars instead of his adoring fans and trophies.
Wish him well but that's it.

Rumours about Jota's personal life are a classic example of throwing any shite into an information void and running with the echoes.
Jota's sexual preferences have no bearing on footballing ability.
It's a total non-issue and I would doubt if it has any bearing on his current situation.
Groundless speculation about a person's private life is inhumane, intrusive and unjustifiable.
From what I've read some of the club's supporters were annoyed at the club ONLY spending ā‚¬30m when other, better-known and more-expensive players were available.
It's a crazy state of affairs but what would you expect in a pop-up league where every club is a Sevclone.

You're right Dill but I don't like rumours they seem to gather arms and legs. If it turns out the lad is gay and that's why they are shipping him out, then FIFA have to throw Saudi Arabia out of all competitions and ban their leagues.
100% Ally only problem itā€™s FIFA they sold out the last World Cup they have the same Morals as the Saudis and other Arabian countries have. nothing will change them or FIFA that cannot be bought by the Golden oil wells.
Money rules
And FIFA love money
So donā€™t think theyā€™ll do feck all

HH šŸ˜ž

Naw. He moved on in a heartbeat. He chose dollars instead of his adoring fans and trophies.
Wish him well but thats it.

You make a good point there Stevie but it was an awful lot of dollars and the board were more than happy to take their Ā£25 million I bet they didnā€™t try too hard to keep him with that dosh on offer Iā€™ve met a few guys that are in the oil industry who go to unsavoury places for the big bucks when they were earning good money in the North Sea thereā€™s no many of us would turn down 190k a week, trophies and adulation must be magic to have but you canā€™t retire on them and the thing is when a club accepts an offer and asks the player if they want to go I kinda think that if was me Iā€™d think might as well since you obviously donā€™t value me enough to turn the offer down. I donā€™t think he will be back any way heā€™s bound to get loads of offers

100% who cares if he's gay, he's a great footballer, leave the rumours and homophobic stuff to the Huns
There's no drinking or extra-marital sex allowed under Saudi Law and their marital law is inspired by the Quran. Footballers are going to drink and have extra-marital sex just like many in Saudi society. This would be assumed and ignored by the 'moral police' if MBS dictates it.
There are LBGTQ people in Saudi, most likely in the Saudi royal family too and there's every chance some LBGTQ footballers went there to play but you'd imagine they'd have the wit not to.
I think the 'sensationalism' around Jota's contract is nothing more than gutter press shite made all the more shitsational by the depth of the gutter it emanated from.
An LBGTQ player is unlikely to choose such a hostile environment and any player is going to enquire about the living conditions where they're considering moving. Twenty somethings are going to be asking about drink and sex during negotiations. A blind eye is already being turned by the regime but if there are conditions they will have let them be known.
The wrongful dismissal, sexual discrimination etc publicity and litigation would be the last thing any new league is going to want. Especially if they have CL ambitions.
If a player happened to be LBGTQ and at Celtic would they really leave somewhere they can be assured of support and judged on their ability, to play somewhere they will be denied human rights. Nah, none of it makes sense.

Last edited:
Wish him well but that's it.
A do recall a post about teirney coming back and it was quite unanimous!!!donā€™t see the difference,,kt fucked off when he had the chance to do nine in a row!!for the big bucks and the glory of the premiership,,a donā€™t doubt heā€™s one of us and would also take him back in a heart beatšŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Didnā€™t Saudi Arabia arrest a British Airways flight crew a few years back for having drinks in their hotel room and being threatened with lashing as they had men and women there who were not related
Fucking weirdos
Friend of mine was a teacher in Dubai and was attacked in her own apartment but managed to get out. She couldn't call the cops or security in the apartment complex as she would have lost her job at best for having a male guest and drinking.

Back