Kilmarnock v Celtic - Tuesday 2 February, kick-off 7.45pm - all comments here

Good result but far from perfect nice to see passing return to our game thought the new lad looked a winner,say what you like about Broonie he worked hard all game his header top drawer and you can see he takes his role seriously talking to players as they come off at halftime pointing out and adviseing the player proof that he still has a place at Celtic

Good result but far from perfect nice to see passing return to our game thought the new lad looked a winner,say what you like about Broonie he worked hard all game his header top drawer and you can see he takes his role seriously talking to players as they come off at halftime pointing out and adviseing the player proof that he still has a place at Celtic
We need to find a coaching role for Broonie toot sweet. He brings too much too the table.

HH πŸ€

Great to return to winning ways last night and at a ground weve struggled at in the past. Seeing broony do what he does best great to watch and his reaction to scoring just as great to watch. Broony and Turnbull ran the show last night, turbull just goes about his business and quietly pops in 2 assists without hitting top gear, broonys pass to ajetti reminisciant of that pass for dembele to chip the keeper at ibrox, what a ball. Ajetti played well, took his goal well and won us a penalty that wasnt a penalty. Eddy was just typical eddy , not his best ever penalty and maybe a bit offside for his second but these are the decisions we havent been getting all season, refreshing to see us get them for a change, when hes through like that he rarely fails to beat the keeper and score. Still question marks over lenny though. His "fatigued" quip about soro was a head scratcher ( that he said it, I dont believe that for a second) why not just say that he preferred broony on the night? Much more believable than a 22 yr old international player is fatigued having played for a few weeks. Thought ajetti was coming far too deep for the ball first half, I would rather eddy come deep if need be as he can run at defenders ajetti better in the box I'm sure he'll get better with ehm....fitness? Kenny put a solid debut in and looks like weve signed a winner ....for 6 months. Good to see Bain get a clean sheet, good to get a win. The kind of performance I've been expecting from the start of the season , hopefully we can kick on and hand out some more of the same for the rest of the season let that mob know they still have to win it. Still not enough and too late to keep Lennon in the job. HH ☘

r

Maybe we could loan him out for a while to manage Killie...he needs a couple of years experience with this management game.
πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
He was coaching the kids when Rodgers arrived and he put a stop to that in order to get the best of broonys last years , he must be the most respected individual at the club and he has to have a position at the club when he hangs his boots up , probably at the end of this season

The offside goal and the non penalty will be used to show that the refs are not biased and these are genuine mistakes. That was very clever mibbery last night. Give the Fenians a couple o gifts when it no longer matters. Fly as fuck these bastards.

For the first time in ages I really enjoyed watching the game.Kept thinking it would all fall apart as usual.To their credit the boys stuck at it and scored 4 times.I really get pissed off with the constant fouling of Eddie with referees ignoring blatant foul play.Another thing that does my head in is our defence and their Zonal Defending.They are so busy try ing to stop their opponents that they forget about the ball.They guard their own square yard of turf and don,t move.We need to allocate a big defender who concentrates on the incoming ball and attack the bloody thing and clear It Maybe teach a goalie to come for a ball with force and assertion and impose himself.Wishfull thinking but John Kennedy,s idea of defending is not mine.Maybe the next defense expert we get will switch on and instill some discipline into our defenders.Sorry for the rant but the problems are still there and badly need addressed.We can finish this season with a bit of pride restored. Hope all is well with all on the noise spent the day with a smile for a change.We are Celtic Supporters faithfully through and through.HH ☘️☘️☘️☘️.

For the first time in ages I really enjoyed watching the game.Kept thinking it would all fall apart as usual.To their credit the boys stuck at it and scored 4 times.I really get pissed off with the constant fouling of Eddie with referees ignoring blatant foul play.Another thing that does my head in is our defence and their Zonal Defending.They are so busy try ing to stop their opponents that they forget about the ball.They guard their own square yard of turf and don,t move.We need to allocate a big defender who concentrates on the incoming ball and attack the bloody thing and clear It Maybe teach a goalie to come for a ball with force and assertion and impose himself.Wishfull thinking but John Kennedy,s idea of defending is not mine.Maybe the next defense expert we get will switch on and instill some discipline into our defenders.Sorry for the rant but the problems are still there and badly need addressed.We can finish this season with a bit of pride restored. Hope all is well with all on the noise spent the day with a smile for a change.We are Celtic Supporters faithfully through and through.HH ☘️☘️☘️☘️.
No apologies required for a rant on the noise it's what it's for. I've ranted once , maybe twice ( perhaps more πŸ˜›) it's either that or the other half gets annoyed with celtic this and Celtic that, did I tell you about Celtic, btw celtic... oh Celtic today are... Celtic Celtic Celtic all the way 100%. Rants on Celtic? This is the place keep em coming πŸ‘β˜˜

No apologies required for a rant on the noise it's what it's for. I've ranted once , maybe twice ( perhaps more πŸ˜›) it's either that or the other half gets annoyed with celtic this and Celtic that, did I tell you about Celtic, btw celtic... oh Celtic today are... Celtic Celtic Celtic all the way 100%. Rants on Celtic? This is the place keep em coming πŸ‘β˜˜
best rant ever

On the zonal marking subject , weve stuck with it for years and whilst it usually does return results in domestic competition it certainly does not in European competition. All our players are internationals be it u21s or full international. They will be used to changing styles unfortunately for us the manager is stuck in his ways. Yes we were excellent last night but remember that we are playing one of the poorest killie sides for years. Still we have to start somewhere and kilmarnock is as decent as anywhere to get the show on the road . Truth is though even if Lennon miraculously delivered the title because of a sevco collapse ( highly possible given they believe that it's already won) it wont be enough to appease the fans as ridiculous as that sounds. We shouldnt be hoping for a collapse they should. Lennon legend , times up go now with what credibility you still have, I dont mean to be pessimistic after a great win but truth always wins out in the end HH ☘

A better team than Kili would have punished us. At corners their big fella Rossi got on it 3 times and their nearly goal was a lob to our back post where Burke was gambling it would be delivered, Taylor is not the tallest and missed the header, Burke thought it was in before it got there and Bain did well to reach it as he scrambled from the other post. We're not out of the woods yet by any means.

My reaction to our performance is a tad strange. As always I'm glad to see The Hoops win and play {reasonably) well. Opposition was as bad as Accies though. Never mind, I'll take it and hope we can salvage some pride for the rest of the season.

The offside goal and the non penalty will be used to show that the refs are not biased and these are genuine mistakes. That was very clever mibbery last night. Give the Fenians a couple o gifts when it no longer matters. Fly as fuck these bastards.
Yes they concentrated on the "non-penalty" and borderline offside but ignored the penalty we never got awarded for the foul on Eddy in the 2nd minute!

Back