Lennon blasts want away Celtic players after £30m Champions League disaster

I havent mentioned Lennon yet. Longer term posters will know I didnt want him.to get the job. Not, I must emphasise because I didnt think he was a good manager, more that he would be Lawells man and the possibility to get thst cunt to break a tenner, would be diminished.

Since he came in I think he has improved us. Under Rogers our defence was even worse than it is now. It still needs an injection of class. But two players will improve it again. That obviously depends on what budget he has, which, let's face it, wont be much. The bottom line is, this latest fuck up has shone a million candle lighthouse light on that. I used to hope that would make the board address it, I know, what a naive twat, not anymore. Kidding myself on has run out if juice.

Lennie's team selection was a monumental fuck up. Saying we could have scored plenty just highlights how stupid going without a striker was. No hiding place from that, to even try was disappointing. I was also fucked off he brought into the sevco press arena that players want away was a tragic misjudgment and has only fed a frenzy the bastards love to see. So lenny, leavethat out. You get paid to deal with that. You seemed like a wee boy saying, a big boy done it and ran away. Pathetic mate.

Going forward, I would keep him. He needs to get his tactics right in Europe. He bought Klimala. Him. He basically told the world he was not good enough. I felt for the lad. Last year I thought Cluj was the bottom of a barrel of misjedgement, but, he upped the ante this week by pulling a Levein.

He is to blame. End of.

He needs to learn. He needs to demand replacing £25m players with £3m punts cannot end well. He has to sort the squad and weed out those who dont want to ge there, but even if he does, he shuts the fuck up about it.

I give him my support to go forward, but like players, if he cant cut it, he will have to go. I think he will do it though.
In his previous stint he had Parker/Mjalby and Thommo to give him the backing but also pull him into line regarding tactics players and subs it was a backroom team that worked well

all we see knowis 2 clipboards sitting doing nothing ,i don't rate them at all at least duff had experience at the highest level and was animated enough when thinks weren't working out

You would expect 1 or 2 players wanting to move on but were at 4 and counting so they either don't buy into his methods or their agents are moving them on

Either way lennon did himself no favours the other night by throwing them under the bus , he picked the team ,he played with no strikers and he didn't change it till it was too late .

wouldn't be surprised if he's lost the dressing room completely
When Scott Allen was at Hibs, he was taking about Lennon in an interview and stated " Lennon doesn't really do tactics, he more about motivating the players"
We can see that watching the games, Lennon doesn't have a clue about tactics.
Look at the league club final, we were pish and lucky to win. Did Lennon learn anything from that? No, played exactly the same way in the home game against sevco the following month.
It is too important a season to leave it in Lennon's hands

I think celtic as an organisation are basically unprofessional. The two key positions are Lawwell and Neil lennon, both of whom have consistently failed. PL never has players in the door on time and will pay money for two average players but not one good one. As for NL recent events have shown he should not be the manager. The club can get by if one of these positions is filled by a good candidate but if you have have two chancers then it ends in tears.

Aye totally agree with that SP about lenny and his backroom team. Good enough for domestic competition but woefully inadequate for european competition where we are the favourites. We once thrived on the pressure that we now are hiding and suffering from. WGS II well how can he give us any experienced input for Europe ? I cant remember Peterborough having much euro experience. Did all 3 agree with that line up I wonder? Did JK or WGS II have any input for or against it or are they yes men? If it's the latter then we need someone with a strong personality to pull lenny aside and tell him this is not a good idea. We missed the boat with Larsson and I honestly believe lenny didnt want him there. What I would give for the return of big Johan Mjhallby right about now. Or Alan Thomson. Lenny is a very strong personality and only another strong personality will stand up to him and insist that he change his mind on certain matters. I personally believe that both are yes men and lenny simply doesnt take their counsel outside of Lennoxtown.

When Scott Allen was at Hibs, he was taking about Lennon in an interview and stated " Lennon doesn't really do tactics, he more about motivating the players"
Look at the league club final, we were pish and lucky to win. Did Lennon learn anything from that? No, played exactly the same way in the home game against sevco the following month.
In "his hands" alone, Glasbhoy, but if the balance is met with a good partner, then that motivational stuff could be applied to good use.

Both of those games we had the better players on the park. Once you cross that line it's down to better players to show that. Ours didn't. The first game we didnt have Eddy and it showed, but we made that pile of shite look better. That's the players first and foremost. They didnt turn up.

Lenny has made mistakes, some very costly ones. This week another low. For me though, that is as much to do with our disabled Sloth speed to prepare for the CL qualification, every fucking year and Lennon is a part, a major part of that problem. He should be in Lawells office and tell him in no uncertain terms, all the fucking dithering to save a bag of shrapnel ends up costing us tens of millions. Lawell needs to get his fucking finger out and stop putting obstacles in our way. And if he wants to have a go at anycunt, have a word with Lawell, in private obviously, but for fuck sake have it.

Our players need to step up and show they are still the best.

I know all this

We are 6 games into a possible 60 game season...he has proven time and time again that he gets the job done

Sometimes you just can't legislate for individual errors like a defensive lapse or a misfiring front line
I agree that we shouldn't be knee jerking into changing the manager, even though admittedly it is a poor start to what should/could be a historic season.

But you can't blame a misfiring front line when we didn't pick a bloody front line - that is the main problem here!

The bottom line is Lenny believed the game was won on Wednesday night with the team he had on the park,I dont believe for one minute he would have made changes if they had not scored their second goal.
We had control of the midfield and were not troubled at the back,all we needed was a natural goal scorer but unfortunately although we had two strikers on the bench one was not fully fit,the other carried a slight injury.
It,s not as if this was the first time we tried this,league cup final springs to mind when we used Lewis Morgan up front against 6ft 2in and a 6ft 4in centre backs that gave them an immediate advantage because we were effectively a man down,this is what made it so easy for sevco to control the game.
Did we learn from this,obviously not,will we learn from it this time,lets hope so..

HH.

The bottom line is Lenny believed the game was won on Wednesday night with the team he had on the park,I dont believe for one minute he would have made changes if they had not scored their second goal.
We had control of the midfield and were not troubled at the back,all we needed was a natural goal scorer but unfortunately although we had two strikers on the bench one was not fully fit,the other carried a slight injury.
It,s not as if this was the first time we tried this,league cup final springs to mind when we used Lewis Morgan up front against 6ft 2in and a 6ft 4in centre backs that gave them an immediate advantage because we were effectively a man down,this is what made it so easy for sevco to control the game.
Did we learn from this,obviously not,will we learn from it this time,lets hope so..

HH.
But GS, back under The Manager, Ronnie Simpson didn't get a game because he was spritely and agile. Bobby Murdoch didn't get a game because he was an athlete.

Pretty much that entire team had major flaws, but if you just let them go and do their wonderful thing, then look at what happened.

It's a question of trust.

Lenny made bad calls, but he trusted that team to pull him through. Even without tactics, strategy, plans, and shouting from the sidelines. That team should have taken the run of itself and saw what was going on.

Lenny fucked up, but so did at least 75% of that team who started and finished that game.

I agree that we shouldn't be knee jerking into changing the manager, even though admittedly it is a poor start to what should/could be a historic season.

But you can't blame a misfiring front line when we didn't pick a bloody front line - that is the main problem here!

We created a ton of chances and couldn't convert them...all of the front three are proven goalscorers with 30 goals between them last year so I disagree that we never had a frontline

**Edit - make that 40+ goals

We created a ton of chances and couldn't convert them...all of the front three are proven goalscorers with 30 goals between them last year so I disagree that we never had a frontline

**Edit - make that 40+ goals
Yes, they have good goal scoring records but mostly from making runs into the box later. We did not play someone who is experienced in playing as the main forward. This requires a completely different skillset than our very effective goal scoring wingers or attacking midfielder have.

You are maybe satisfied with Wednesday's team selection and tactics, but obviously most fans are clearly not.

Last edited:
But GS, back under The Manager, Ronnie Simpson didn't get a game because he was spritely and agile. Bobby Murdoch didn't get a game because he was an athlete.

Pretty much that entire team had major flaws, but if you just let them go and do their wonderful thing, then look at what happened.

It's a question of trust.

Lenny made bad calls, but he trusted that team to pull him through. Even without tactics, strategy, plans, and shouting from the sidelines. That team should have taken the run of itself and saw what was going on.

Lenny fucked up, but so did at least 75% of that team who started and finished that game.
I agree with you 100% Spherical that the team he had on should have been more than capable of delivering a victory,and I believe if we played them again tonight then outcome would be totally different that is because he would have realised the mistakes he made on Wedneday night..
But it is not all about Wednesday nights game,it,s all about learnig from the last time, taking things into consideration such as the guy,s he already suspected did not want to be at Parkhead,so why play them,these are people you cannot trust to take this massive club forward,these people only want to be seen in the shop window,they are not trustworthy people mate.
I realise big time Spherical that Lenny did not have the hindsight we have now and it is VERY EASY to sit in Judgement , but on the other hand mate we are not the guy,s receiving the BIG BUCKS we are the little guy,s who pay these people the big bucks to get it right,unfortunately in my opinion Spherical Lenny did not get it right.
Do I want to see him out the door for this,not at all,,his football error was putting 2 strikers on the bench who were not fit,it was a human error on his part trusting people who he thought he could rely on, lets hope this is a lesson well learned mate..

HH.

Most folk are worried about losing the 30 odd million the CL would have brought in. Personally I'm more worried about the millions we're wasting on transfers and wages on mediocre at best additions to the squad (I won't call them players cos most of them don't make the grade). Outwith the 9m for eddy,who SHOULD be brilliant for that cash in Scotland, we continuously throw money at guys that struggle even at this level. 7m for julie's beginning to look ridiculous, klimala, soro,bayo,shved,possibly ajeti, boli,Taylor,. Who the fk is buying these players. If they're not Lennon's boys or Rodgers b4 him whose are they,we,the wage payers should be informed what the fks happening at our club. If any player thinks they're better than they actually are and we can get a decent fee for them get them out and start showing a bit of confidence in the youth at the club of which we have many outstanding prospects.
Time for lenny to grow a pair and tell Lawell he'll only play guys he wants in his team. Not any player that some fkn panels decided is a good fit for the club and it's policy of buying cheap,selling dear. I've been in lennys corner from day one but if he has to go it should be by his own hand and not the one tied behind his back. Hopefully we come out alot stronger and crush that mob across the city into oblivion HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back