Leverkusen v Celtic - All Comments Here

Lucky him. The weather is absolutely horrendous up here in the north east. There is a red weather warning for the high winds and it has been snowing. We got sent home from work and all the schools closed. Driving home was awful as the car was being blown out of the lane. I got home and there is a power cut. Stay safe everyone.
Nae chance of you getting blown over wi they feet Bridie! 😹
Only kidding, forecast for the east coast looks brutal keep safe pal.

Lucky him. The weather is absolutely horrendous up here in the north east. There is a red weather warning for the high winds and it has been snowing. We got sent home from work and all the schools closed. Driving home was awful as the car was being blown out of the lane. I got home and there is a power cut. Stay safe everyone.
Hope you manage to stay safe BB
We're expecting 3 more 'weather bombs' like we had recently, as you've all seen on the news online
There's fuel rationing now (30 litres max)and it's going to be that way for a few weeks, if not months
Hope you all enjoy a great weekend

We all know Ange Postecoglou arrived at Parkhead almost a complete unknown.
Some people had heard of him but I admit I was not one of them.
I believe Ange thought this was the best opporunity he would ever get
to become the manager he knew he could be and to lead a team the size of Celtic back
to where we all know it should be,I think he also thought this was his big chance to show the fans
how he thinks the game should be played and how the fans should be entertained.
IMO he has been successful in everything he has done so far,I think winning his first trophy [ hopefully the league cup ] will be the proudest moment of his footballing life.
I realise he has managed his country but I believe he believes,it does not get any bigger than
Glasgow Celtic..

HH

Thought last night showed everything that's both good and bad about this Celtic team....some brilliant attacking play contrasted with some horrible defensive play. You could see how confident, in-tune and purposeful we can be going forward but you could also see how nervy, disjointed and slack we can be defensively {both at the back and in midfield}.

Leverkusen are a top quality side and they exposed our weaknesses last night, on another day we could've still snatched the win even with those weaknesses but with the likes of CalMac, Turnbull, Forrest no really showing up and Ralston's reading of the play/positioning issues creeping back into his game at the worst possible time it just became too high a mountain to climb.

Reality is it's too soon in AP's time at Celtic to be expecting him to assemble a side and perfect a strategy to beat quality opposition like Leverkusen, we're not far off though and with proper backing in the transfer market and time it's no outwith our reach. That said AP needs to reign himself in a bit at times as well I reckon, we'd all love nothing more than to be seeing free flowing all out attack fitbaw for 90 mins plus every game but he needs to be a bit smarter especially in Europe when it comes to the defensive side of the game.

Thought last night showed everything that's both good and bad about this Celtic team....some brilliant attacking play contrasted with some horrible defensive play. You could see how confident, in-tune and purposeful we can be going forward but you could also see how nervy, disjointed and slack we can be defensively {both at the back and in midfield}.

Leverkusen are a top quality side and they exposed our weaknesses last night, on another day we could've still snatched the win even with those weaknesses but with the likes of CalMac, Turnbull, Forrest no really showing up and Ralston's reading of the play/positioning issues creeping back into his game at the worst possible time it just became too high a mountain to climb.

Reality is it's too soon in AP's time at Celtic to be expecting him to assemble a side and perfect a strategy to beat quality opposition like Leverkusen, we're not far off though and with proper backing in the transfer market and time it's no outwith our reach. That said AP needs to reign himself in a bit at times as well I reckon, we'd all love nothing more than to be seeing free flowing all out attack fitbaw for 90 mins plus every game but he needs to be a bit smarter especially in Europe when it comes to the defensive side of the game.
Fuckin fitba we're talking about elves man! 🙄

Back