Maeda out time for big Giakoumakis to step up and show us what he’s got

There are times when we can expect our players to be just like robots and do the job we expect from them, and yet forget at times they are human and GG amongst others need to be careful that they don't fall into that trap, set up by our demands imo.
Yes, GG was responsibly poor for our demands yesterday, but was only 1 of a number of players.
Yet if he had converted a couple of the chances that fell his way, he would be our new hero, such are the fine margins of today's game.
I can tolerate, a flat performance, even a poor performance, but Can't and Won't accept a performance, lacking in effort and desire to give there all for the team, and I don't and haven't seen that from GG, along with every other squad members currently.
Quality wise in GG remains questionable, but take into consideration his career with us is only really starting with us still, and have seen nothing to warrant that he can't be a very valuable member of the squad at present.
His great points remains that he hasn't gone missing in action against CB who are fully intent on wanting to leave there Mark upon him. He's still getting into the goalscoring positions, yet his among everyone else could improve, and possibly trying that bit to hard at present and not coming as naturally as it should, so much is his desire to please us supporters and his team mates.
We can tend to forget how challenging the last few games have been with very little recovery time also, how emotionally challenging the games have been with the huge highs and trying to keep them all in check also with been able to handle the demands?
Not an easy task at all imo, especially also having to handle the physical challenge as well.
We will depend upon squad rotation to be able to fulfil the demands that Ange wants from his players for the team, yet we still remain fairly short of being able to match them demands still, with so many unavailable still, yet that doesn't give us the right to look for scapegoats, just cause they don't meet our demands on every single occasion we expect them, to do so.
These players like GG need our support big time during a period of the season that will be so defining for us, come the end of the season, and so far have delivered admirally in terms of results and all done without a lack of effort or disire to get them right results either.
All of our players deserve our full support atm, and thankfully each game is throwing up new heroes on a game by game basis, and for a very new team still, that remains an amazing feat that should be applauded more so than criticism imo.
Sorry for the rant, but needed to get that out there
HH

jackamos coming in late his seasons just starting so he can get a few pass marks still not got over the fkn penalty miss i just don't see him being very good maybe a hunskelping will swing it
was surprised he didn't once try and get his head on some of the cross's coming in yesterday O'Riley puts in a perfect cross we need somebody to attack them

jackamos coming in late his seasons just starting so he can get a few pass marks still not got over the fkn penalty miss i just don't see him being very good maybe a hunskelping will swing it
was surprised he didn't once try and get his head on some of the cross's coming in yesterday O'Riley puts in a perfect cross we need somebody to attack them
But that could be part of a tactical ploy also Kelly.
GG takes there CB out of position for O'Reilly to attack the vacant space created, nearly come off on a few occasions yesterday.
And the one time there CB switched off, then up steps abada, possibly the smallest player on the field.
You are correct about plenty of good balls into the box, yet still a new team to getting that understanding for which players should be actually attacking the ball still.

As I see it.....with Maeda away and KYOGO injured we are going to have to be careful with Giakomakus as he is coming back from a longish lay off.....I doubt he can play anywhere near a full 90 mins in the next 2/3 games.....that being the case we very well may see Ajeti.....or Abada again as a false 9.

What alternative do we have to this?
I'd like to see ben doak get some minutes against the zombies his pace is unreal really hope that bringing him into the first team will persuade the bhoy not to go to liverpool's under 18s ,

From what i seen of him yesterday i agree i would stick him on at some point for a 16yr old he looked unfazed by the debut
Could all come down to just how much control we have in the midfield area imo.
Pace like Doak has, is a fantastic weapon to have later in a game, and showed an attitude way above his years also.
Was it Doak who made the run into the box from Jota Cross for the goal yesterday? A huge factor for that such important goal coming about also, as it left there CB undecided how to deal with the cross, and all for our benefit

There are times when we can expect our players to be just like robots and do the job we expect from them, and yet forget at times they are human and GG amongst others need to be careful that they don't fall into that trap, set up by our demands imo.
Yes, GG was responsibly poor for our demands yesterday, but was only 1 of a number of players.
Yet if he had converted a couple of the chances that fell his way, he would be our new hero, such are the fine margins of today's game.
I can tolerate, a flat performance, even a poor performance, but Can't and Won't accept a performance, lacking in effort and desire to give there all for the team, and I don't and haven't seen that from GG, along with every other squad members currently.
Quality wise in GG remains questionable, but take into consideration his career with us is only really starting with us still, and have seen nothing to warrant that he can't be a very valuable member of the squad at present.
His great points remains that he hasn't gone missing in action against CB who are fully intent on wanting to leave there Mark upon him. He's still getting into the goalscoring positions, yet his among everyone else could improve, and possibly trying that bit to hard at present and not coming as naturally as it should, so much is his desire to please us supporters and his team mates.
We can tend to forget how challenging the last few games have been with very little recovery time also, how emotionally challenging the games have been with the huge highs and trying to keep them all in check also with been able to handle the demands?
Not an easy task at all imo, especially also having to handle the physical challenge as well.
We will depend upon squad rotation to be able to fulfil the demands that Ange wants from his players for the team, yet we still remain fairly short of being able to match them demands still, with so many unavailable still, yet that doesn't give us the right to look for scapegoats, just cause they don't meet our demands on every single occasion we expect them, to do so.
These players like GG need our support big time during a period of the season that will be so defining for us, come the end of the season, and so far have delivered admirally in terms of results and all done without a lack of effort or disire to get them right results either.
All of our players deserve our full support atm, and thankfully each game is throwing up new heroes on a game by game basis, and for a very new team still, that remains an amazing feat that should be applauded more so than criticism imo.
HH
Well put buddy👏

Could all come down to just how much control we have in the midfield area imo.
Pace like Doak has, is a fantastic weapon to have later in a game, and showed an attitude way above his years also.
Was it Doak who made the run into the box from Jota Cross for the goal yesterday? A huge factor for that such important goal coming about also, as it left there CB undecided how to deal with the cross, and all for our benefit
yeah i believe it was

HH
100% john no as the song says we’re faithful through and through! Fuck the amount of abuse I used to get off my mates for sticking up and supporting Regi Blinker right til the end. All I can say is big GG is NOT another Bangura or Amido Balde he does have something and we have to give him time IF he needs it

Big Geomakis will be champing at the bit to get in amongst Goldon and Co
Hope he gets his chance, and takes it against them
Wee Jota and Abada will be up for this, at home, in front of a capacity crowd, forget the MIB, we do what we do best, and we will take the 3 points, while handing out a hunskelping
HH

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back