Match Thread - Cheats, Liars & Conmen v Celtic - Allianz StadionKick off 5pm (Celtic Park Time™)

We need better defensive coaches.
Sick to death saying this but JK and chums just dont cut it.
If we are serious about europe then this needs to change, better teams will open us up like Katie Price’s legs.
What defensive coaches? Defence is a fkn shambles. Dont mark men properly, lackadaisical attitude. And this short passing, fannying about at the back will get us in serious trouble with good teams. Cant believe Ange hasn’t adressed this yet.

Last edited:
I'm not overly worried about our first choice defence. When we have a full compliment back, we will be better. My concern is the loss of CV or Starfelt. We have no other experienced option. Julien is too tall for Ange's style of quick two touch football. He needs too much time and space to do it properly, and when closed down fast, he is all legs and in trouble. Welch is unreliable. He usually starts a game well, then the mistakes set in. Poor positioning, slow reactions and bad passing. We need a third experienced reliable player there.

If you want your 2 full backs to be coming inside to flood the midfield then you need avoid defensive mid who can drop back between your central defenders to allow them to cover the space much like O'Niells system giving you a midfield 5 or backline 5

Last edited:
I know it's not a time to be to critical when players aren't match sharp yet, but would be fearful of CL football after watching that game.
Full back play was very poor throughout the game and the system of our play is left wide open defensively when we aren't playing well in them areas.
Very disappointed with Jules and would question what his game was all about today?
Plenty of food for thought for Ange after that defensive performance, and could well call for a rethink before the European campaign kicks off, what works in the SPFL is still well short for european football imo.

I know it's not a time to be to critical when players aren't match sharp yet, but would be fearful of CL football after watching that game.
Full back play was very poor throughout the game and the system of our play is left wide open defensively when we aren't playing well in them areas.
Very disappointed with Jules and would question what his game was all about today?
Plenty of food for thought for Ange after that defensive performance, and could well call for a rethink before the European campaign kicks off, what works in the SPFL is still well short for european football imo.
My thoughts exactly John

Weel get there......We Never Stop.....Ange will sort it....Nae worries.....🍀

Gonna buck the trend here I suppose, but I can't get too uptight about that 90 mins of fitness tuning. For me that's all it was. If I'm being honest, it kinda played out more or less as I thought it would. Remember the absolute humpin' we got from West Ham in Paradise this time last year ? Things didn't turn out too bad, did they ? Also has to be said though, we obviously still have work to do if we're to make the improvement we all crave ! Very early days.

:LOL: it's only pre season ,,,a warm up ,,,,,a run oot ,,,,,,get the fitness levels up ,,,,

Celtics embarrassment in europe continues

Hoops humiliation continues

pick a headline

:oops: a went out n sat ma baldie head in the sun after half time ,pre seasons shite it's only a kick about

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna buck the trend here I suppose, but I can't get too uptight about that 90 mins of fitness tuning. For me that's all it was. If I'm being honest, it kinda played out more or less as I thought it would. Remember the absolute humpin' we got from West Ham in Paradise this time last year ? Things didn't turn out too bad, did they ? Also has to be said though, we obviously still have work to do if we're to make the improvement we all crave ! Very early days.
Don’t think anybody is worried about the domestic side Frank but CL football is another thing all together, it could be very demoralising if you’re on the wrong side of a humping and we still look suspect at corners and set pieces

Weel get there......We Never Stop.....Ange will sort it....Nae worries.....🍀
Ange got a lot of work still to do, to get us up to potential CL standards still imo Lennono.
For a squad of 25 that I thought wasn't to far off completion, shows today that big improvements are still needed with possibly as many as 6 players still needed to get to that required standard still imo.

Nobody ever remembers pre-season frendlies, relax.

Before the internet, nobody bothered watching them either.

Scored three, comically chucked in one for them, lost a win with the last kick.

Champions League is coming, no qualifiers to worry about, no fucks given. On we go.

😂😂😂ffs a draw in the second game back and we already have people wanting ange to change how he wants to play just because hart made a mistake and big julies a fuckin weakling🤦‍♂️ theres still going to be transfers in and hopefully out we all know the drill he told us all hunners a times he wants the team in control of the baw so there wont be stupid punts up the park anytime its near or in the box so maybe people shud chill out the now atleast wait till the real teams put together before awe shouting the odds how quick some change theyre tune talk about fickle ffs

Members online

Latest posts

Back