Motherwell v Celtic - Saturday 10 August - all comments here

After a sluggish start, I thought we grew into the game well, Ajer, ON, played well today, I said last year that Ajer is our nev VVD, we will be inundated with offers for the big fella soon enough, but I like the scandanavian work ethic, he will hang around for a few years yet so I would give him a long term contract now to cover our arse. ?

After a sluggish start, I thought we grew into the game well, Ajer, ON, played well today, I said last year that Ajer is our nev VVD, we will be inundated with offers for the big fella soon enough, but I like the scandanavian work ethic, he will hang around for a few years yet so I would give him a long term contract now to cover our arse. ?
I would fill ma team with good Scandinavia’s love there attitude give hunner per cent and seem to be happy with whit they get paid ...apart fae big ibra ??? but he wiz is class

our defensive woes today, while unacceptable, are unsurprising, given we are essentially breeding in a new back 4 or several different combos of a back 4. Jullien's first league start, while Bolingoli is I think struggling to work out the pace of the game in Scotland.

Just to expand on that a bit, Sam, despite the fact that the back line (Ajer notwithstanding) is a work in progress, they still handled a Motherhell team that played over their heads in the first half. After early jitters, Bolingoli looked a LOT better as the game progressed and he may be finding his footing, so to speak, and that's a plus. Jullien, too, had an inauspicious start but came around as the game progressed. For a team "in crisis" in defence, giving up 2 goals -- with one a giveaway on a corner -- is not bad in the face of scoring 5.

I don't have the stats in front of me, but does anyone know how many shots Motherhell took at Bain? I counted 10, but most of those seemed like they were shot wide or crosses that had no takers -- or even shots that had a better chance of reaching the moon -- rather than at the goal. Not complaining, but just concerned about the two given up -- well, the one he gave up early, actually, because the goal off the corner by Maradona, I mean, Donnelly . . . *shrug* -- and I have to wonder aloud if Bain maybe had an off-game today.

[Just to be clear: This is merely an observation. I am happy as hell about today's performance and results.]

Last edited:
Back