Motherwell v Celtic - Saturday 10 August - all comments here

Thought NFL was spot on. The only pressure we were under in the first half we invited. 100%. I don’t feel motherwell did anything spectacular it was our doing.

I can’t remember a game were Ajer had a honker. The bhoy is tremendous and i am over the moon for Griff, his recovery is ongoing personally speaking but all this is adding to speeding it up. Feel good factor and this bhoy deserves every bit of kindness going ?

Even with midweek euro football we showed when we’re lethargic in play we do have the ruthless streak to step up a gear without breaking a sweat and smashing 5 by the keeper.

Good shift bhoys. Thanxx

The so called Celtic fans wanting rid of Scott Bain are being utterly ridiculous. The hyperbole of disgust that they spew out ranks of arrogance. How dare a Celtic goalkeeper fail to stop a shot. How many who feel they have a right to vilify a player would have the courage to say the same to the player to his face. They are keyboard warriors and anonymous cowards. This is the greatest Celtic team since the 70's. They need to think before dribbling on the keyboard.

The so called Celtic fans wanting rid of Scott Bain are being utterly ridiculous. The hyperbole of disgust that they spew out ranks of arrogance. How dare a Celtic goalkeeper fail to stop a shot. How many who feel they have a right to vilify a player would have the courage to say the same to the player to his face. They are keyboard warriors and anonymous cowards. This is the greatest Celtic team since the 70's. They need to think before dribbling on the keyboard.
Thats a bold statement F, I'm not sure yet if this team is as good as MON's treble winning side, but we could debate that till the cows come home, what we are seeing at the moment is a Celtic side who are playing with style and long may it continue, amazing that the Lurgan fellow seems to have us playing better than the genius who left for Leicester, who'd a thunk it?

I get really pissed off by the so called Celtic fans who are so used to success that they deem anything less than perfection to be worthy of a disparaging tweet fired off in instant without engaging their brain. Just because you have a thought does not mean that you have to broadcast it.. The media are happy to spread them aroundto sow dissent. It's a spectacular own goal. None of them are as gifted as any member of our squad. We won away from home 5-2 and these idiots are still not satisfied. if cluj don't score this week then we are just 180 minutes away from CL group stage Pot 3. We are top of the league and unbeaten and scored 12 goals in just two games. Enjoy it while you can. COYBIG

This team is a joy to watch play. We have imo the most entertaining team on the front foot since the days of Di Canio and Andy Thom. We are in a good place. Defensively we look less confident but considering we've had early suspensions to deal with via Jozo and Jullien and niggling injuries to full backs we haven't been able to settle in a back 4. Hopefully we get cover for both full backs and another centre half in before the window closes and we'll be set for a European campaign where defensively we'll be tested. I hadn't heard any criticism towards Bain. If so it's unfair on the back of one questionable game. He's been superb and we have 2 excellent keepers. We are lucky indeed when it comes to the nets.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/08/10/some-celtic-fans-rip-into-scott-bain-on-twitter/

this is the shit i'm ashamed of. The media want to portray us in a bad way and our own wankers are happy to sabotage us with their entitilitis. Notice the picture that looks like Broony is shouting at him yet the background doesn't show a motherwell player. That website is anti- Celtic
I agree F, I checked this site out a while back and gave up pretty quickly, a poor excuse for keyboard journalism, I think most fans will see through the Bullshit and give it a wide berth.

Agree with Benignus on the HITC site. It is rotten click bait. Not sure if you saw it Fisiani but the Express ran something similar based on a few tweets asking for Lennon to be sacked straight after we lost the opening goal in Sarajevo. Not on Twitter but I'd imagine they cherry pick a few like that and don't publish the positive ones at all.

I get really pissed off by the so called Celtic fans who are so used to success that they deem anything less than perfection to be worthy of a disparaging tweet fired off in instant without engaging their brain. Just because you have a thought does not mean that you have to broadcast it.. The media are happy to spread them aroundto sow dissent. It's a spectacular own goal. None of them are as gifted as any member of our squad. We won away from home 5-2 and these idiots are still not satisfied. if cluj don't score this week then we are just 180 minutes away from CL group stage Pot 3. We are top of the league and unbeaten and scored 12 goals in just two games. Enjoy it while you can. COYBIG

I haven’t heard anyone go on about Bain.

If i go somewhere for dinner my pals ask if it was any good so i tell them if i liked it.

I think the same when i’m watching a game, who had a good game or not.

But its not about slaughtering my own.

Find it weird that its becoming more difficult to say if someone was not on their game or had a howler in case it upsets people.

So in a way your own truth is stifled.

Why is it that people can’t say it as they see it unless its happy clapping?

Why do some peoples opinions on what they see cause vitriol?

Seems to me no-one is allowed to say anything without coming under attack.

Yet during a game i have seen people say this one or that one is gash but then slaughter someone who says the same after the game.

Seems a bit like double standards to me.

Anyway Fis. I like Bain. He’s a good keeper.

Keepers can’t keep them all out and can’t be uber focussed all the time. They have to rely on the players in front of them too.

I haven’t heard anyone go on about Bain.

If i go somewhere for dinner my pals ask if it was any good so i tell them if i liked it.

I think the same when i’m watching a game, who had a good game or not.

But its not about slaughtering my own.

Find it weird that its becoming more difficult to say if someone was not on their game or had a howler in case it upsets people.

So in a way your own truth is stifled.

Why is it that people can’t say it as they see it unless its happy clapping?

Why do some peoples opinions on what they see cause vitriol?

Seems to me no-one is allowed to say anything without coming under attack.

Yet during a game i have seen people say this one or that one is gash but then slaughter someone who says the same after the game.

Seems a bit like double standards to me.

Anyway Fis. I like Bain. He’s a good keeper.

Keepers can’t keep them all out and can’t be uber focussed all the time. They have to rely on the players in front of them too.
It's not quite the same though Maria. If you tell your pals about a meal or a restaurant you're not tweeting them asking for the place to be closed down after a mouthful of your starter. You probably pass judgement once you've experienced the meal the wine and the service. It's the immediacy of the diatribe that gets on my goat. 'He's pish punt him' after 5 minutes. I don't get that.
You are right tho we are all entitled to an opinion. I'm a seriously opinionated bugger too but it's rarely balanced when you immediately jump to extremes like 'sell him' before we've even reached half time.

It's not quite the same though Maria. If you tell your pals about a meal or a restaurant you're not tweeting them asking for the place to be closed down after a mouthful of your starter. You probably pass judgement once you've experienced the meal the wine and the service. It's the immediacy of the diatribe that gets on my goat. 'He's pish punt him' after 5 minutes. I don't get that.
You are right tho we are all entitled to an opinion. I'm a seriously opinionated bugger too but it's rarely balanced when you immediately jump to extremes like 'sell him' before we've even reached half time.

Oh no i get that. I think calling for anyones job is a bit much unless its compper a drain on resource. The club has to come first always.

I think its fair to say if a player has a howler.

I think people are justified when every chance or training and development opportunity has been exhausted to make a call if a player should move on, for the good of the club and player.

But Bain has been tremendous for us very rarely has a shaky game, very rarely lets them in and mostly keeps clean sheets so whilst i think its ok, if true, for someone to say keeper should have saved that one, it most definitely not ok to call for their job when 99% of the time they are immense.

Thats stupid and without basis.

Back