Motherwell v Celtic - Wednesday 9th November, 7.45pm

We have MIB on the VAR…..and we have Huns editing the VAR video in the studio…..and we have MIB on the park…..and they all are on message.

That’s twice now offside decisions have gone against us without definitive VAR lines being shown as per other decisions where definitive VAR lines have been shown…..this has to be addressed pronto…

We have MIB on the VAR…..and we have Huns editing the VAR video in the studio…..and we have MIB on the park…..and they all are on message.

That’s twice now offside decisions have gone against us without definitive VAR lines being shown as per other decisions where definitive VAR lines have been shown…..this has to be addressed pronto…
It was the absolute haste that both the Abada and Jota goals were gleefully disallowed compared with all other VAR decisions which get over-reviewed to the nth (33rd?) degree.

Out of 38 odd games a year theres bound to be games which ain't pretty, slack, frustrating etc.

But the mantra we never stop gets used to describe our perfomances, but in reality its more apt when it used in proper context.... we never stop winning..... domestically.......

personally, i never give a fuck about anything other than the scoreboard come full time
thats football when your one half of the Old Firm... but this team has given me real entertainment this season, so i'm not picking holes in an away win

Last edited:
Out of 38 odd games a year theres bound to be games which ain't pretty, slack, frustrating etc.

But the mantra we never stop gets used to describe our perfomances, but in reality its more apt when it used in proper context.... we never stop winning..... domestically.......

personally, i never give a fuck about anything other than the scoreboard come full time
thats football when your one half of the Old Firm... but this team has given me real entertainment this season, so i'm not picking holes in an away win
fuckers.
Couldn't think of a term to use to describe us and them collectively and thought, rod out, i'll use the OF phrase...... not a bite, you must all be half pished tae

this place used to be fun :rolleyes:

Sky Sports News 11pm headlines, Celtic win 2-1 after 2nd goal controversially allowed to stand. The agenda is set. Ignore the lack of VAR clarity for Jota's goal, ignore VAR operator happy with assault on Starfelt, focus on Celtic shouldn't have got a goal because the Motherwell player tried a quick throw in that hits Haksabanovic on the head and breaks to Turnbull.

Sky Sports News 11pm headlines, Celtic win 2-1 after 2nd goal controversially allowed to stand. The agenda is set. Ignore the lack of VAR clarity for Jota's goal, ignore VAR operator happy with assault on Starfelt, focus on Celtic shouldn't have got a goal because the Motherwell player tried a quick throw in that hits Haksabanovic on the head and breaks to Turnbull.
Sky are just a bunch of bitter twats. They clearly have an agenda like the rest of the media that cover Scottish fitba. I wish they'd feck off and have no more tondo with our sport, but they have already bullied our spineless rulers into another early 5 year extension for less money per game than we currently get. Bunch of bastards.

I think tonight and the United and Hearts games have shown us for the first time possibly, domestically, just how much VAR is being used for all its worth to try and stop us.
I'm expecting more of the same if not worse against county as the mibs give an almighty push before the break to try and eat into that 7 point lead.

We have great players to choose from right now all over the park but tonight was the first time SPL I felt we're missing calmac.
Mooy and Oriley have really stepped it up since we lost him and both deserve huge credit for that.

Also, as happy for Starfelt as I am, involved in the goal and returning to partner CCV in an important away victory, I actually felt at times tonight we missed big Mercedes prescence at the back.
Hes a big physical presence at the heart of our defence and I thought , having seen the well v hearts game Jenz may be better suited for this game, their long ball OTT type style, and with it being 2nd last before the break why change it?
Shows what I know

It's a CB paring that's settled very well, one thing that's certain of our manager is he has massive faith in all his players.
His belief is unshakable.
Many a manager of Celtic and other clubs may have chosen not to break up that partnership at this venue under the lights tonight.
We saw that Motherwell have something about them right now in that Hearts game were they were completely robbed of at least a point perhaps more.

I wont lie, I thought tonight ( to myself of course , i would never say it out loud , hate cnuts who do this shoite jinx stuff) that perhaps we could be over rotating just now with tonight and County , last 2 games then the world cup break, do we really need to rotate at a venue we all knew it wasnt going to be another rout.

That was my thoughts early doors, though early doors was cruise control.
I'm no Ange ( incase anyone wisnae sure) but 7 pt lead and just these 2 fixtures to navigate before we settle into the debacle of Qatar ( I'm sure its going to be full of controversy, already is hasnt started yet.)

Hauns up I will admit to being unsure of Anges changes and those he made during the game I was again to myself questioning the changes when he made them thinking really?
Jota off,but he delivered again more power to him 🙌.

This is a 3 way battle between us the mibs and their VAR jotas goal was a thing of beauty.
He seemed right on it then suddenly he's hooked, why I'm thinking?
Saving him for County? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Ange ( telepathically) " stfu winter watch and learn"
On comes Maeda and Turnbull , 4 minutes later , GOAL!

Outstanding tactical nous to bring on a completely buzzing Maeda and in form Turnbull .
Forgive me for I have sinned (just a tiny bit,) I was getting all confused.com when I shouldve been keeping the absolute faith.
That was nervy and unpleasant at the end there.

Far far from pretty but another hugely massive 3points, tonight, United, Hearts , these are the games that win titles without a doubt.
Must take all 3 v County or all that hard graft is undone.
I realise I'm sounding a tad negative but i'm not, honestly its just relief we got over the line again.
Some spirit in this side .

My heart rate is just about returning to normal, if theres a way then we have the will whomever is on the field to find it.

Those 3 games mentioned, they all have a Ralston-esque v County last season feel about them..let's hope he pops again if required to at CP.

Taylor looked like he was feeling the pace of all these games tonight and I half expected to see bernabai introduced he was fairly flagging and blowing like a bag pipe near the end.

Credit Ange Postecoglou , Haksabanovic, Turnbull, Maeda, Abuldgaard were introduced at the perfect moments and delivered , Giakoumakis really shoudve scored that sitter and Turnbull is becoming really ace at coming on , providing instant assist of late.
Sometimes I wish Giakoumakis would be less selfish but hes paid to try and score goals and win us matches, I will defer to his better judgement .

Much tougher than it ought to have been but we have the points.....phew 🥵
One more huge efforts bhoys and put this phase to bed, let's get these last 3 super important points and give them no hope , no respite during the world cup.

COYBIG HH ☘

Is that the same Sky who couldn't even be bothered to cover any of the matches?

Is that the same Sky who couldn't even be bothered to cover any of the matches?
Exactly. Sky can't be arsed to show the full compliment of games they have won the contract to show in the last few seasons. Then they stir up an imaginary controversy to make those of us who were unable to watch the game (*cough*) think that the cheating Tims only won again thanks to dodgy refs favouring us as usual! And this will be the narrative again for how we scrapes an undeserved dodgy win.

Members online

Latest posts

Back