Motherwell v Celtic - Wednesday 9th November, 7.45pm

Sky Sports News 11pm headlines, Celtic win 2-1 after 2nd goal controversially allowed to stand. The agenda is set. Ignore the lack of VAR clarity for Jota's goal, ignore VAR operator happy with assault on Starfelt, focus on Celtic shouldn't have got a goal because the Motherwell player tried a quick throw in that hits Haksabanovic on the head and breaks to Turnbull.
ach yer para Gary, whit agenda...

Scotsman headlines

Rangers accounts: Record turnover, back in profit​

Daily Rancid

Rangers announce healthy accounts as club finally posts a profit of £5.9m and revenue nearly doubles to £87m​

EBT

Rangers: Nathan Patterson sale helps generate £5.9m operating profit​

Glasgow Times

The Celtic accounting quirk that keeps merch revenue ahead of Rangers​

These are the headlines i could find quickly on search for 'Rangers Accounts 2022'

Now i'm mibbi late to the party and others have possibly said on here earlier,
but being an accountant ( i know, you wouldn't believe it) who has prepared and read tens of thousands of sets of financial statements, i took out them

Sold out Ibrokes and a UEFA Final - they still couldnt beat our top line 88.2m v 86.8m
Their overall wage bill was 54.4 v 58.8 for us, theyre paying 4 million less than us and your lucky if there is a sellable asset on their books
The operating profit was 5 million, but whats the fucking point of glorying an operating profit if they made an actual loss of 919k

Going Concern note - the very fact this is in accounts means that their cashflow and ability is not looking good; i.e. they needed money thats not generated by club to plod on
the note includes
The Group meets its day to day working capital requirements through existing cash facilities, bank loans, investor loans, and leases. During the year under review the Club entered into formal loan agreement with the certain investors providing a secured loan facility available to 31 July 2028. Subsequent to the year end and in addition to the term loan, a revolving credit facility has been agreed to provide a more efficient and cost effective funding mechanism to the Club.

they still had to borrow from the directors in their most lucrative season
they sing sack the board, they should be singing tap the board

'As at 30 June 2022, there are loans with investors amounting to £12.2 million, other commercial loans of £3.4 million, whilst the Group also has lease agreements totalling £1.4 million' - there is 12.2 million that hasnt yet been converted to confetti while they tapped institutions of at least 3.4 million which has to be paid back at no doubt wonga rates

'The Group made cash donations of £75k (2021: £80k) to international, UK-based and local charities during the period' - wonder if that includes the 6 litres of hand sanitiser that big hateley dropped aff somewhere

CASH USED IN FINANCING ACTIVITIES:
Loans received 2022 - 22,150,000 2021 - 26,460
Loans repaid 2022 - (8,550) 2021 - (5,500)
Despite their most rewarding year, they still had to borrow 22 million from investors, paying back 8.5 million in the year

Total finance costs 1.973 million - cost of borrowing

Secured debts - John Bennett (as security trustee for the lenders) holds standard security over Edmiston House under the terms of the investor loans detailed in note 27 to the financial statements. A director demanded security before lending them a brown penny

Director loans John Bennett, Douglas Park, Alastair Johnston and Julian Juul Wolhardt Loans of £10.32m from Mr J Bennett and £1.858m from Mr J Wolhardt made under a secured debt facility were outstanding at 30 June 2022. Repayments of loans are paid in quarterly instalments to the repayment 31 July 2028. The facility allows for accelerated repayments based on certain events. Interest is charged at 6% on an accruals basis.
The cabal are now charging interest on loans at a rate similar to a fucked mortgage market, only they charged that rate when the BOE base rate was 0.5%

Ashley settlement including costs was £8.2 million

Acquisition and disposal of player registrations
The Group contracted for the purchase of ten permanent player registrations. The amount payable in respect of these, after adjustment for the notional interest effect on deferred payments, amounts to £15.0m. The Group also disposed of six player registrations on a permanent basis and seven registrations on loan. The amount receivable, in respect of these, after adjustment for the notional interest effect on deferred payments, and after taking account of direct costs, totalled £19.9m

After selling Patterson, Aribo, Bassey and 3 others for huge sums, they're owed in fee's 19.9 million from the transfers. So in effect their transfer dealings mean that for these 3 deals they're only owed net 5 million because they've bought and and owe for 10 players or to be technically apt, 9 diddy's and Colak.

31. CAPITAL COMMITMENTS At the year end, The Group had contracted for stadium and building improvements amounting to £9.63 million

In the current financial year they have comitted to spend 9.3 million to ensure a safety certificate although some of that could be contracted to giving the loving cup appropriate surroundings in Edminston House.... yes the same place that John Bennett effectively owns until his loan is paid back. A clever man takes a lean on an asset that is about to get millions spent on it

We'll ignore the fact that we can afford to pay our directors near 2 million in remuneration

Not the headlines the papers go into eh ?
PS i have no interest in Rugger other than supporting the dark blues

pss can anyone tell me why fans applaud booting the ball out for a throw in

Last edited:
Why didn't VAR ref (Dickinson) ask Collum to look at the shocking tackle on Starfelt? Straight leg, studs up, out of control, catches him on the ankle. Retorical question :rolleyes:
100%
The guy followed through when the ball twenty yards up the park
I was going mental, and same for Jota's goal
This VAR is bullshit
Motherwell's goal was a belter too, but they reviewed it and said, Hatate's left foot played him onside...it's a goal, so enough of the stop start bs, awarda goal and move the fuck on
Jota's goal should have stood as well
I thought after they reviewed the hatate/defender incident that Reo was going to get sent off, thankfully, it was 'handbags'

Pictures I was watching showed the VAR offside lines to prove Tierney was onside for their goal, Juranovic's right foot played him on, but didn't show the VAR lines for Jota offside goal
Agreed, it's a goal, in fact both should have stood but there was no way that Hun in the VAR office was going to put the lines up
The young boy Tierney took his goal well for them, and Joe Hart had no chance as it was split second, and right down his throat
The ball to both Jota and Maida, for their goals, were superb
Some of the interplay today was great, but some of the giveaways, were brutal
Ity was like ping pong between the boxes at times, we had it, they had it, we had it again :rolleyes:
Their only hope really was high crosses into the box, happy with the 3 points, if not with our play at times
HH

Didn't get to watch it. I'm working 12hr nightshifts for two fuckin weeks!
I've read all the posts here and elsewhere and the vibe I get it we were poor.
You know what? Less than 2 years ago we would have crumbled. Now we find the key to unlock teams. Yes a few close ones but we win. We're watching some of the best football I've ever seen us play. When we click into top gear we can beat ANYBODY.
Improving in all departments including identifying transfer targets and getting deals done with time to spare. We've been beat once so far.
Tonight's performance is just a blip. We're improving and evolving into a team to be feared by our opponents whoever that may be.
So put the performance behind us. We won ffs.
We're gonna get even better with Ange.
I'm loving it.

3pts last night was what we needed, so job done I suppose.....

Probably our least affective league performance of the season so far, stray passing from most of the players, and very rarely did we get much momentum going, even when we did the varmasons were on hand to help out.

Tell me, how can an eagle eyed VAR official spot that Jota was offside, but miss a two footed thigh high tackle at speed? .... Its Rhetorical folks. And in what version of the old or new rules is the same tackle only a yellow, how can Gollum be 5ft from that and think... O thats a yellow.. 😱

Average at best last night Celtic, looks as though some have an eye on Bondi Beach already whilst others are hoping to avoid decapitation before the world Cup comes round for them. Well we have a tougher game on Saturday against the Dingwall hammer throwers so you'd better drag your auld bones about for one more game before you saunter off to leave us poor gits in the cold ❄.

Still its - 7 down the wine ally ❄️🍷❄️🍷, so shouldn't complain to much I suppose.

A question to the brave folk, who risked their brain cells, in order to watch the bhoys highlights on hunscene.
Was the offside looked at?
Did they discuss the shocking attempt to remove Starfelts legs?
Or did they spend the 5 minutes arguing that Hatate should have been sent off for having his head grabbed and pushed to the ground.....Hatate didn't kick out. His face was pulled and he was forced to the ground. His legs came up, instinctively, for balance. The murderwell player, who had just grabbed hatates face and pushed him to the ground, then tripped over hatates legs and rolled about trying to get him sent off.

Watched Jota,s goal and that horrendous tackle the use of VAR or as it should be called Victory For Rangers the first one was a brilliant goal and he was not offside and I didn’t need a line to see that the tackle was a red this is total prove that VAR IS A SHAM FOR THE USE OF BIASED REFEERES to the advantage of others it has been set up to stop Celtic and that the only reason that Dallas was in control of it and we all know his standard like his Father anti Celtic disgusting and not fit for purpose

A question to the brave folk, who risked their brain cells, in order to watch the bhoys highlights on hunscene.
Was the offside looked at?
Did they discuss the shocking attempt to remove Starfelts legs?
Or did they spend the 5 minutes arguing that Hatate should have been sent off for having his head grabbed and pushed to the ground.....Hatate didn't kick out. His face was pulled and he was forced to the ground. His legs came up, instinctively, for balance. The murderwell player, who had just grabbed hatates face and pushed him to the ground, then tripped over hatates legs and rolled about trying to get him sent off.
One of the pundits said 'you can't really tell but he (Jota) was moving forward????

They didn't go over the Hatate incident but agreed with the yellow card instead of a red in the other incident.

I felt as if Daizen was in the exact same place and position for 2nd goal as Jota was when he was called offside so I'm amazed they didn't chalk that off as well.

Members online

Latest posts

Back