Mourinho

Do it on the cheap with an inexperienced manager and cheap players the ten in a row won't happen. He has to get the next appointment right as manager or its over. I am sorry if that upsets some of the celtic family but its true.

Are you saying that the only options are an inexperienced manager and cheap players versus an experienced manager and expensive players? Not being a jerk, just trying to follow your reasoning here, because that's what I'm reading in your statement above.

I think there can be a happy medium where we can get good players at good prices -- Exhhibit A: Scott Bain, picked up for FREE -- as well as a manager -- like, oh I don't know, the one who is standing in right now -- for a good price. Good and potentially great players are out there, and they won't cost an arm and a leg, and the same can be said for managers as well.

Since Mourinho has other suitors, my guess is that the Celtic ploy is a ruse to raise his value with the others, and he'll probably go to either one of them (one is Roma and I forget which one the other is).

Are you saying that the only options are an inexperienced manager and cheap players versus an experienced manager and expensive players? Not being a jerk, just trying to follow your reasoning here, because that's what I'm reading in your statement above.

I think there can be a happy medium where we can get good players at good prices -- Exhhibit A: Scott Bain, picked up for FREE -- as well as a manager -- like, oh I don't know, the one who is standing in right now -- for a good price. Good and potentially great players are out there, and they won't cost an arm and a leg, and the same can be said for managers as well.

Since Mourinho has other suitors, my guess is that the Celtic ploy is a ruse to raise his value with the others, and he'll probably go to either one of them (one is Roma and I forget which one the other is).
neil lennon's previous signings

Neil Lennon (June 2010 - May 2014)

28 Leigh Griffiths, £1m from Wolverhampton Wanderers, Jan 2014 [BBC]
25 Stefan Johansen, £2m from Stromsgodset, Jan 2014 [BBC]
19 Holmbert Fridjonsson, £100,000 from Fram Reykjavik, Jan 2014 [BBC]
20 Teemu Pukki, £3m from Schalke, Aug 2013 [BBC]
06 Nir Biton, £700,000 from FC Ashdod, Aug 2013 [BBC]
11 Derk Boerrigter, £3m from Ajax, Jul 2013 [BBC]
22 Steven Mouyokolo, free from Wolverhampton Wanderers, Jul 2013 [BBC]
05 Virgil van Dijk, £2.6m from FC Groningen, Jun 2013 [BBC]
17 Amido Balde, £1.5m from Vitoria Guimaraes, Jun 2013 [BBC]
26 Viktor Noring, (loan) from Trelleborgs FF, Jan 2013 [STV]
05 Rami Gershon, (loan) from Standard Liege, Jan 2013 [BBC]
18 Tom Rogic, £400,000 from Central Coast Mariners, Jan 2013[BBC]
11 Lassad Nouioui, free from Deportivo La Coruna, Sep 2012 [BBC]
26 Lubos Kamenar, (loan) from Nantes, Aug 2012 [BBC]
04 Efe Ambrose,£1.5m from Ashdod, Aug 2012 [BBC]
07 Nicolas 'Miku' Fedor, (loan) from Getafe, Aug 2012 [BBC]
01 Fraser Forster,£2m from Newcastle United, Aug 2012 [BBC]
17 Pawel Brozek, (loan) from Trabzonspor, Jan 2012 [BBC]
40 Rabiu Ibrahim, free from PSV Eindhoven, Jan 2012[BBC]
23 Mikael Lustig, free from Rosenborg, Jan 2012 [BBC]
39 Andre Blackman, free from AFC Wimbledon, Nov 2011 [BBC]
04 Badar El Kaddouri, (loan) from Dynamo Kiev, Aug 2011 [BBC]
14 Mohamed Bangura, £2.2m from AIK, Aug 2011 [BBC]
67 Victor Wanyama, £900,000 from Germinal Beerschot, Jul 2011 [BBC]
02 Adam Matthews, free from Cardiff City, Jun 2011 [BBC]
06 Kelvin Wilson, free from Nottingham Forest, Jun 2011 [BBC]
46 Dylan McGeogh, free from Rangers, Jun 2011 [BBC]
15 Kris Commons, £300,000 from Derby County, Jan 2011 [BBC]
32 Tony Watt, £100,000 from Airdrie, Jan 2011 [BBC]
07 Freddie Ljungberg, free from Chicago Fire, Dec 2010 [BBC]

10 Anthony Stokes, £800,000 from Hibernian, Aug 2010 [BBC]
26 Fraser Forster, (loan) from Newcastle United, Aug 2010 [BBC]
03 Emilio Izaguirre, £600,000 from Motagua, Aug 2010 [BBC]​

05 Daniel Majstorovic, free from AEK Athens, Aug 2010 [BBC]
33 Beram Kayal, undisclosed from Maccabi Haifa, Jul 2010 [BBC]
88 Gary Hooper, £2.4m from Scunthorpe, Jul 2010 [BBC]

27 Daryl Murphy, £1.5m from Sunderland, Jul 2010 [BBC]​
16 Joe Ledley, free from Cardiff City, Jul 2010 [BBC]
11 Cha Du-Ri, free from SC Freiburg, Jul 2010 [BBC]
21 Charlie Mulgrew, free from Aberdeen, Jul 2010 [BBC]
some not to shabby signings in that lot!

Cannot rule out Mourinho is a coach and his job before making expensive teams suited for EPL was to coach young players, we need to keep site of this he has won in UEFA tournaments with teams he built from a mixture of experience and youth. Celtic is without riches the best name in Europe and has a prestige that Chelsea and Man City could only dream of, think about it. The diamond in the rough waiting to sparkle, dont think Cesars tributes and the names associated in the tributes go unnoticed, i will keep my council on Celtic, we are gearing up for two massive seasons and a big hitter at the wheel who is media attention not in Scotland will be ideal to swat away the shite up here should anyone attempt to put barriers in our way .

Get your points icaferio. Good points too but by my reckoning we will start to downgrade somewhat. Brendan cost the board more money than they themselves realised. IMHO the board will want to recoup that money in anyway they can. Give Lennon the job then their money is safe. I would like to see the board aim higher really invest for a manager and team to match. Its to Europe I look to and to make progress to at least qfs. I know its a huge ask somewhat gigantic, but I want to see us there challenging in Europe. I know you all think I'm daft thinking about huge success in Europe but with the right investment and players we can win the champions league. Look at Ajax, they have done great this far, Ajax
Now they are the same as us no great TV money have to live within their means like us, but a little more speculating to accumulate wouldn't go amiss. HH ☘️??

Get your points icaferio. Good points too but by my reckoning we will start to downgrade somewhat. Brendan cost the board more money than they themselves realised. IMHO the board will want to recoup that money in anyway they can. Give Lennon the job then their money is safe. I would like to see the board aim higher really invest for a manager and team to match. Its to Europe I look to and to make progress to at least qfs. I know its a huge ask somewhat gigantic, but I want to see us there challenging in Europe. I know you all think I'm daft thinking about huge success in Europe but with the right investment and players we can win the champions league. Look at Ajax, they have done great this far, Ajax
Now they are the same as us no great TV money have to live within their means like us, but a little more speculating to accumulate wouldn't go amiss. HH ☘️??
Ally 9 and 10 in a row would buy two Josies the riches in this achievement is massive, no sponsor can brag of this history in football, name your price if this goes over the line. But hey, we all know we have been here before but is this not something different and lets not start doubting, wait and see we are champions and we have a legend to attend to on Wednesday so for now we are the news.
chalmers gate.jpg

I know you all think I'm daft thinking about huge success in Europe but with the right investment and players we can win the champions league.

We agree there, AllyBhoy, and you're not daft (unless we both are, which is entirely possible . . . :D ). But I think we can do it within our budget with some smart choices. OK, a LOT of smart choices, but still.

It's a discussion that should probably play out over the next few months. But for the sake of this particular thread, I think we have the manager we need in Lenny. You may disagree, but we'll see what the future holds.

We agree there, Allybhoy, and you're not daft (unless we both are, which is entirely possible . . . :D ). But I think we can do it within our budget with some smart choices. OK, a LOT of smart choices, but still.

It's a discussion that should probably play out over the next few months. But for the sake of this particular thread, I think we have the manager we need in Lenny. You may disagree, but we'll see what the future holds.
Screenshot_2019-05-06 Fr Paul Stone ( FrPaulStone) on Twitter.jpg

We agree there, Allybhoy, and you're not daft (unless we both are, which is entirely possible . . . :D ). But I think we can do it within our budget with some smart choices. OK, a LOT of smart choices, but still.

Respect m8 for your opinions. Whoever gets the managers job will have my support along with the entire Celtic Family. HH ☘️??

Ally 9 and 10 in a row would buy two Josies the riches in this achievement is massive, no sponsor can brag of this history in football, name your price if this goes over the line. But hey, we all know we have been here before but is this not something different and lets not start doubting, wait and see we are champions and we have a legend to attend to on Wednesday so for now we are the news.
View attachment 2674

You know I agree with you Boab. R I P Stevie Chalmers. And it's appropriate that his funeral mass is at St Mary's. I hope you can be there Boab, I know it's in your area and you can give respect to one of ou
We all know Boab the bunnet after Bro walfrid our founder is the greatest thing that's happened to us. Without those two icons their would be no Celtic. Managers players supporters come and go but those two shall be remembered in the highest of highest regard. HH Boab. ☘️

Back