Moussa

Agreed. Playing devils advocate however players always take what their agents tell them as gospel. You only have to look at the Boyata situation to understand their mentality in securing a deal. One possible answer is the agreed timeline has been manipulated by the agent in his interpretation to the player hence Celtic appearing to be unprepared. Either that or other deals for replacements have dried up.
I feel with the permanent signing of French Eddy and Griff fully fit it would be a possible third choice striker we’d be looking at, so surely not short of options there , add Ryan Christie into the equation if he stays and I think we’ve got good options.

I suspect that Moussa hasn't been tweeting, someone in his camp, perhaps an agent seeing a pay day delayed until January.

Very messy with Rodgers forced out in front of the cameras every few days to deal with, silence elsewhere throughout the club.

Went to be feeling positive for the first time in ages.......woke up to this clusterfuck. The club seems to be imploding, schism,cliques, power struggles. I'd let him go, pointless keeping him if he doesn't want to be here.

There's a difference between telling a player that the club won't stand in his way if an appropriate offer comes in and just letting other clubs name the price and terms of the deal. We won't be able to take other clubs' first pick players at this point in the window, so why should Lyon stroll in and take ours? If they wanted Moussa so badly then they should have made this offer a month ago - that they've sold their own family silver last-minute to Madrid should not be our problem.

Moussa Dembele should have been allowed to go as no point keeping a unhappy player and that’s a no brainier as far as I’m concerned on that one but we all need to be pointing the finger at our disfunctional board and especially dermot Desmond and peter lawell as this whole mess is down to them as do Yous not think that mr Desmond has gave mr Lawwell to much power as the guy is an accountant not a football brain . I also would like to point out ??? Why did peter lawell or Desmond not come out and speak about moussa as they threw Brendan under the bus some what regarding him haveing to tell the fans about the situation but that’s not to say Brendan Rodgers isn’t to blame for what’s happening on the park or what’s not happening on the park . The situation has become a total farce and I think it needs flushed out ASAP or our season could go from bad to a catastrophe. Please pass on opinions as I am just one of many pissed off feeling ripped off CELTIC DIEHARD

There is so much manipulation going on around Celtic, media, ex players, “celeb” fans, boardroom and players agents all pushing different agendas. It’s a symptom of the internet, and a more connected support.

I reckon the proof will be in the pudding, after midnight tonight we will all know where the club and the team stands and it will be easier to filter out all the noise. We are into the group stage of the Europa League, and can potentially go top of the league on Sunday with a good win.

I might be an eternal optimist, but surely things could be a lot worse?

Dembele seems to have lost the plot. Next you'll hear is his agent is responsible for his Twitter behaviour......... If he's under contract then he has to honour it!

Went to be feeling positive for the first time in ages.......woke up to this clusterfuck. The club seems to be imploding, schism,cliques, power struggles. I'd let him go, pointless keeping him if he doesn't want to be here.

Could be worse. At least we're not walking about with our hands in front of us or trying to munch the season ticket holder sitting next door

Still think Celtic will make Moussa wait tantrums or not they are his employer's not Lyon he will calm down eventually if not punt him in January for more money he must be punished for all his trash talk Celtic are bigger than any player so we need to let players know that slagging the club in public will be delt with by a big punishment with no appeals start by banning Moussa from all social messaging for the rest of the season.

Brendan has confirmed interest.

This is a brutal window if he goes.

Worse off strikers and a shit defence could kill 10IAR
This was always going to happen, Brendan knew that. Yes we may lose Dembele and possibly even Boyata. Such is life at our club. Hopefully Eddy and Griff stays fit. We will definitely need to stay in the game and hopefully spend our many millions come January as I fear for us this season if we don't.

One thing that is worrying is what seems to be the total lack of a contingency plan regarding Dembele. Okay lets assume it wasnt the plan to sell him till the January window, surely we should have some replacements sourced already. What if for example he had suffered a serious injury pre season are Celtic really saying they wouldnt have had any replacements in mind ranging from a first choice down to a fourth or fifth . As I say it’s bad forward planning in my opinion

Moussa unlikely to play Sunday and Brendan is deciding whether he’s going today. To be honest, I was sad to see him go but now with the twitter antics, I can’t say I’m too disappointed now. If it is him, he has disrespected the manager and the club, which is a real shame as he’s been a great player for us.

No offence, Jim, but if you can actually point out where I stated that Moussa has been orchestrating a move I'd be a happy man.

Maybe, if you don't read between the lines and come up with 2+2=1888 then you'll find forum life much easier (y)

Nothing but intentions of positivity to Celtic fans and to this new Celtic forum.

Excuse and Relax,
I can see how my post can be read in a form to have been taken the wrong way.
I type too fast and use notepad for making points and copy and paste causes errors now and then, but! If you read back again, and leave out the first three words of 'no offence but' which were a copy and paste of the start of your own post and not intended to be there.
You will see that I never did claim you said 'Moussa has been orchestrating a move'.

Dembele's tweets last night may have changed the views of the typical Celtic fan but your post was prior!
So I was only responding to what at the time were very untypical Celtic fan feelings about Dembele.
Genuinely curious at the time as to why you could not care less about (Hat trick hero) Dembele and your claim that he seemed more injured than most.

To be fair this window (and previous) has created many untypical Celtic fan feelings, so in hindsight there was no real point in the asking.
Just genuinely curious if you knew more and had any links.

Never the less thanks for the reading and maths advice. Love to learn more every day and happy to stand corrected as having views based on incomplete or false information, that's why I like questions to get to points of understanding, the basis for any good forum.
Words can be read or interpreted in different ways as Dembele's recent tweets prove.

I started off today with a certain ammount of sympathy for Dembele, but as the day has worn on that has all but disappeared. His twitter activity and the comments from Rodgers have me feeling like its maybe time to take the money and get him out the door.

Nothing but intentions of positivity to Celtic fans and to this new Celtic forum.

Excuse and Relax,
I can see how my post can be read in a form to have been taken the wrong way.
I type too fast and use notepad for making points and copy and paste causes errors now and then, but! If you read back again, and leave out the first three words of 'no offence but' which were a copy and paste of the start of your own post and not intended to be there.
You will see that I never did claim you said 'Moussa has been orchestrating a move'.

Dembele's tweets last night may have changed the views of the typical Celtic fan but your post was prior!
So I was only responding to what at the time were very untypical Celtic fan feelings about Dembele.
Genuinely curious at the time as to why you could not care less about (Hat trick hero) Dembele and your claim that he seemed more injured than most.

To be fair this window (and previous) has created many untypical Celtic fan feelings, so in hindsight there was no real point in the asking.
Just genuinely curious if you knew more and had any links.

Never the less thanks for the reading and maths advice. Love to learn more every day and happy to stand corrected as having views based on incomplete or false information, that's why I like questions to get to points of understanding, the basis for any good forum.
Words can be read or interpreted in different ways as Dembele's recent tweets prove.

Thanks, Jim - it's brilliant to read someone say they type too fast; I am usually guilty of reading too fast and missing points never mind getting it wrong. Also, just after saying to my missus that you thanked me for the maths lesson - never ever managed to get my maths or pass a single test :D

Right, onto your query, I have no quotes as I've never seen Moussa say that he's like to leave; quite the opposite. However, it just seems to me that since the day he signed we've been led to believe that he'll be leaving. If he was here to stay OR even appeared to want to stay I'd have been over the moon. It has always seemed to be that he would be leaving sooner rather than later.

I really like the guy and, honestly, I think his tweets reflect on promises that Lawwell made, as I do with Boyata. Those promises appear to have been broken and Lawwell is not going to come out of this well at all - not a bad thing!! Not that the board will give a toss.

This is a board who have complied with and helped perpetuate the Continuation Myth as well as not having the balls to call into question the titles they stole/cheated.

Apologies, mate! I could probably ramble on all night.

Once again, cheers for reply; appreciate it (y)

It's now been reported that the big baby is gonna get his move after all. Several sites reporting that the deal is almost done! Well he can just fuck off the money hungry prick!

Until today I had no problem with Dembele. His nonsense is sub-Boyata.

Beat it and have fun in Lyon where the people don't even care about football.

£18 million + add ons is the figure reported on one site

€20 million going up to €22 million are the numbers claimed on Inside Futbol

Members online

Latest posts

Back