My BIG question.

Weedocbhoy60

WHO signed off on our summer recruits ?
Holm,Yang,Lagetbielke, Nawrocki,Kwon,Palma. None of the above have, in my humble opinion, have improved on last year's treble winning side.
As I write this more questions arise. Why has the teams from dropped off so dramatically ??? Are the players not invested in BR's way of playing ?? Kyogo springs to mind.
We are half way through December and our manager appears not to know his best eleven. Injuries have not helped, that much is true. Our team looks bereft of confidence and ideas.
Have THE BOARD taken the easy route, similar to NL's appointment, giving BR a second term (with an increase in wages apparently) ??
Or are we going to see a transformation during the next transfer window?
As you can see I have many questions but no answers unfortunately. As always your thoughts bhoys and ghirls. Maybe I'm just wide of the mark here.

I think we all know who is responsible for presenting our options to the manager to select which one he prefers us to buy. To me, our whole business model is flawed. I get the buy low/sell high philosophy - but it cannot work properly when you buy in bulk like we do.

It is impossible to give enough gametime to 8 or 9 young foreign projects to develop them and sell for a large profit. So although you maybe accomplish this with half that number, the excellent profits made on selling the success stories are wasted on failures who never got a chance.

Plus we strangle the development path of our own youths too, so that becomes another financial drain with no end product.

Buy in a maximum of 3 projects in the summer to give them a fair chance.

Also, I just posted elsewhere that this drop-off didn't just suddenly happen in the summer. If you remember back to the end of last season, some of our performances from Spring onwards were terrible. I had assumed the rot had set in when players caught a whiff of Ange preparing to leave, but maybe their motivation levels have dropped off. But it is the responsibility of the manager too to get them hungry and play the best possible tactics to secure victories.

Last edited:
Holm,Yang,Lagetbielke, Nawrocki,Kwon,Palma. None of the above have, in my humble opinion, have improved on last year's treble winning side.
As I write this more questions arise. Why has the teams from dropped off so dramatically ??? Are the players not invested in BR's way of playing ?? Kyogo springs to mind.
We are half way through December and our manager appears not to know his best eleven. Injuries have not helped, that much is true. Our team looks bereft of confidence and ideas.
Have THE BOARD taken the easy route, similar to NL's appointment, giving BR a second term (with an increase in wages apparently) ??
As you can see I have many questions but no answers unfortunately. As always your thoughts bhoys and ghirls. Maybe I'm just wide of the mark here.
Well wee Doc, where to start, 1st,BRs return yes it was the easy route and once again showing disdain of the support, our absentee "owner" DD again puts his man in place, no real search for a new replacement, 2nd do the players have faith in BR ? and his chosen style of play imo, no, BR hasn't tweaked his playing style continuing to think possession = victory, teams have adapted to this nowadays being more able to suffocate us, injuries have affected the team and this is because the MIB have been able to get away with allowing the opponents to take liberties, still the board do fuck all. If they don't start to fight back against this obvious cheating then the title will end up at mordor. Why do I use the word cheating? If it wasn't cheating then we wouldn't have a plethora of ex-hun players popping up all over the place stating that the referees are only enforcing the laws of the game. The final point is will there be an influx of players ready for the 1st team, I can only hope so. My fear is that the excuse that injured players are on their way back will be used as the excuse to not get players in will be used. I hope I am wrong. HH

A big question for me, is about the period of time, directors can spend on the board. It is shocking to see the length of time, some directors have been on the Celtic board. And not being ageist, it is however, interesting to note their age. It is well beyond time for Tom Allison and Brian Wilson to get out of any position in Celtic, not alone directorships. For me, they have long outstayed their welcome. Are completely out of touch, and dragging our club into a morass of their making. They are dinosaurs, with absolutely nothing to contribute to the club. And when you go, please don't insult us supporters, by leaving the door open for a member of your family. I, for one have had enough of you.

Last edited:
I think a major issue is BR moaning about players to the media. This does nothing for team spirit.

Even after Saturday he was moaning that CalMac was doing more than one job. But who was it that put out a midfield trio of CalMac MoR and Turnbull?

A midfield that most fans and probably the players know is slower than a week in jail.

Holm was slagged off publicly and has now been binned, but offers more than Turbull. Lager did well enough in his short stint on Wed, and whilst nobody would argue with CCV coming back in, why not pair him with Lager and move Scales to LB.

There's no point playing Kyogo if he doesn't get service. Meada is now back and we saw a brief glimpse of Frame, so if Palma won't pass the ball drop him.

We're seeing so many things that don't work but are being tried time and again. You can bet the players are also seeing it.

The board can see full all except pound signs.

Complete change at the top req. As POD as stated there are dinosaurs in the board room that need to be axed. Fknows what Wilson and Allison bring to the table. It just seems we're going back to the Kelly's Whites etc. Digressing as we are at an alarming rate next May won't be party time as we win nowt. Sorry to text that but we really have to change the way we do things throughout the club. Look at our ghirls result at the weekend 1-1 against Hearts. First time Hearts have taken points off them. Club is in dire straits anything less than a big result and performance this Saturday against Livingston I'm afraid it could curtains for Rodgers.

No 1- it took some balls for Rodgers to return here.
no 2-he has tweaked the set up?rodgers plays 4-3-3 because the players couldn’t or wouldn’t play his preferred set up 4-2-3-1 at the preseason?
no 3-wee urny going back to the kelly/white era,,we never left it?
no4- if the fans with shares that turned up to agm’s didn’t ask stoopid mundane questions then get a wee pat on the head ,and actually took that slant eyed”cunt”to task over all the issues were all greeting about today then just maybe??wits happening today has been happening since fergus left..

My big question is, How can they play so well against Feyenoord and 3 days later so shite against Hearts? And at home too. I just don't get the turnaround so quickly?
To be honest brim I was at the game as was a couple of the other guys from the noise,no making this the reason!but the “fans” and I include myself in this were pretty shit, loads a moaning and groaning and with the missing choir bhoys u could hear a mouse fart,,didn’t help the boys,,or the fact our four wingers done absolutely zilch which frustrated the life out fans,,,

To be honest brim I was at the game as was a couple of the other guys from the noise,no making this the reason!but the “fans” and I include myself in this were pretty shit, loads a moaning and groaning and with the missing choir bhoys u could hear a mouse fart,,didn’t help the boys,,or the fact our four wingers done absolutely zilch which frustrated the life out fans,,,
Well if its affecting our play it needs sorting pronto. I wasn't there and you can't really tell on the telly,but I'll take your word for it. A house divided will always fall. Maybe we should all flood JP Taylor with e-mails as he's our supporter liaison officer.
jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk
Tweet, @CelticFCSLO

Last edited:
Well if its affecting our play it needs sorting pronto. I wasn't there and you can't really tell on the telly,but I'll take your word for it. A house divided will always fall. Maybe we should all flood JP Taylor with e-mails as he's our supporter liaison officer.
jptaylor@celticfc.co.uk
Tweet, @CelticFCSLO
In the current climate, I don't think you will be on his Christmas card list, Brim !

A big question for me, is about the period of time, directors can spend on the board. It is shocking to see the length of time, some directors have been on the Celtic board. And not being ageist, it is however, interesting to note their age. It is well beyond time for Tom Allison and Brian Wilson to get out of any position in Celtic, not alone directorships. For me, they have long outstayed their welcome. Are completely out of touch, and dragging our club into a morass of their making. They are dinosaurs, with absolutely nothing to contribute to the club. And when you go, please don't insult us supporters, by leaving the door open for a member of your family. I, for one have had enough of you.

They stay too long things get stale they get too comfortable set in their ways stick to the formula that worked years ago they stack project players higher than Costco shelves and laud themselves for unearthing the occasional gem that keeps them in single malt for a while, they operate like an old bhoys club putting in place their offspring to carry on running their business that operates a football team

I said it the other day, they phoned the first available person and knowing he was a disaster in the transfer market last time, bought him a load of projects cos he's a 'developmental coach', now we have the situation where even 'The Rodge' canni turn shite intae piss.

Kyogo is not getting the service he was before, granted but he seems to get a free pass from almost everyone. He had plenty of the ball in the box the other day and couldn't kick his own opponents arse.
Its very easy to draw the conclusion its not his fault, but a bit of personal responsibilty is needed.
The wee man needs a kick up the fucking jacksie like everybody else. If we had anybody to replace him with, trust me he'd be watching games.
But since we only have OH fecking NO then he's guaranteed a start.

Last edited:
Well said sir. HH

I said it the other day, they phoned the first available person and knowing he was a disaster in the transfer market last time, bought him a load of projects cos he's a 'developmental coach', now we have the situation where even 'The Rodge' canni turn shite intae piss.

Kyogo is not getting the service he was before, granted but he seems to get a free pass from almost everyone. He had plenty of the ball in the box the other day and couldn't kick his own arse.
Its very easy to draw the conclusion its not his fault, but a bit of personal responsibilty is needed.
The wee man needs a kick up the fucking arse like everybody else. If we had anybody to replace him with, trust me he'd be watching. But since we only have OH fecking NO then he's guaranteed a start.
Think your bang on about Kyogo,,feeling sorry for himsell…

Members online

Latest posts

Back