My BIG question.

WHO signed off on our summer recruits ?
Holm,Yang,Lagetbielke, Nawrocki,Kwon,Palma. None of the above have, in my humble opinion, have improved on last year's treble winning side.
As I write this more questions arise. Why has the teams from dropped off so dramatically ??? Are the players not invested in BR's way of playing ?? Kyogo springs to mind.
We are half way through December and our manager appears not to know his best eleven. Injuries have not helped, that much is true. Our team looks bereft of confidence and ideas.
Have THE BOARD taken the easy route, similar to NL's appointment, giving BR a second term (with an increase in wages apparently) ??
Or are we going to see a transformation during the next transfer window?
As you can see I have many questions but no answers unfortunately. As always your thoughts bhoys and ghirls. Maybe I'm just wide of the mark here.
Your not wide of the mark mate it's difficult to argue against anything you've said.
I'll say this though don't interpret it as an excuse or apologist for anything that's gone down.
We've thrown away a comfortable lead under no pressure , but we're missing key players. Hatate, Abada, Maeda match winners, not easy to replace.
I'd say ' perhaps" a little tough on Nawrocki who looked decent enough pre injury settled pretty well I thought.
Lagerbielke, Swedish poty , young and I get the feeling there's more to come from him.
Palma , likely wouldn't start buy for injuries needs to settle down play the team game has potential.
Kwon was the K2 league player I think he'll take time.
Yang is raw, Holm looks decent enough butt the question who signed off on them?
Has to be Rodgers as he said he was given the option of 3 players in different positions, in effect telling us that they are not his recruits, so Nicholson on the advice of the scouting network I'd guess.
This window will show us how much of a say Rodgers has as we must offload and we must bring players in.
Only Celtic can be over staffed but under quality.

It's apparent to me at least that Rodgers minus Starfelt, Jota, and Mooy inherited a side not as good as we assumed.
One thing for certain is we simply must win this title no iffs or buts simply must.
We have a great chance to silence them again at tims only day and that would be spectacular and doable as well, I back us to win this title , its only halfway and though we've seen some poor stuff I've seen nothing from them to give me the jitters.
Ever the optimist Doc, when the time comes and it matters I believe our winning mentality will see us through again.
I'd trade League cup and Scottish Cup for this title.
The fact they're beginning to talk of trebles is even better for me because as always, it's the hope that kills them HH

Your not wide of the mark mate it's difficult to argue against anything you've said.
I'll say this though don't interpret it as an excuse or apologist for anything that's gone down.
We've thrown away a comfortable lead under no pressure , but we're missing key players. Hatate, Abada, Maeda match winners, not easy to replace.
I'd say ' perhaps" a little tough on Nawrocki who looked decent enough pre injury settled pretty well I thought.
Lagerbielke, Swedish poty , young and I get the feeling there's more to come from him.
Palma , likely wouldn't start buy for injuries needs to settle down play the team game has potential.
Has to be Rodgers as he said he was given the option of 3 players in different positions, in effect telling us that they are not his recruits, so Nicholson on the advice of the scouting network I'd guess.
This window will show us how much of a say Rodgers has as we must offload and we must bring players in.

It's apparent to me at least that Rodgers minus Starfelt, Jota, and Mooy inherited a side not as good as we assumed.
One thing for certain is we simply must win this title no iffs or buts simply must.
We have a great chance to silence them again at tims only day and that would be spectacular and doable as well, I back us to win this title , its only halfway and though we've seen some poor stuff I've seen nothing from them to give me the jitters.
Ever the optimist Doc, when the time comes and it matters I believe our winning mentality will see us through again.
The fact they're beginning to talk of trebles is even better for me because as always, it's the hope that kills them HH
Quads they’re gonna win the Europa as well 🙈

I heard on the news we not giving the huns any tickets Well thank God for that I had visions of the board conceding and giving the fkrs tickets
Apparently they’re disappointed Big fkn wow They started this shit so they can be disappointed all they want They’ll be sending a strict letter to the SFA - bless 😂😂😂

I heard on the news we not giving the huns any tickets Well thank God for that I had visions of the board conceding and giving the fkrs tickets
Apparently they’re disappointed Big fkn wow They started this shit so they can be disappointed all they want They’ll be sending a strict letter to the SFA - bless 😂😂😂
Is the letter to be handed over at tonight's lodge meeting?

A big question for me, is about the period of time, directors can spend on the board. It is shocking to see the length of time, some directors have been on the Celtic board. And not being ageist, it is however, interesting to note their age. It is well beyond time for Tom Allison and Brian Wilson to get out of any position in Celtic, not alone directorships. For me, they have long outstayed their welcome. Are completely out of touch, and dragging our club into a morass of their making. They are dinosaurs, with absolutely nothing to contribute to the club. And when you go, please don't insult us supporters, by leaving the door open for a member of your family. I, for one have had enough of you.
Tom Allison is one of the biggest shareholders at the club. Hard to shift. Just like DD

No 1- it took some balls for Rodgers to return here.
no 2-he has tweaked the set up?rodgers plays 4-3-3 because the players couldn’t or wouldn’t play his preferred set up 4-2-3-1 at the preseason?
no 3-wee urny going back to the kelly/white era,,we never left it?
no4- if the fans with shares that turned up to agm’s didn’t ask stoopid mundane questions then get a wee pat on the head ,and actually took that slant eyed”cunt”to task over all the issues were all greeting about today then just maybe??wits happening today has been happening since fergus left..
It didn't take balls for Rodgers to return. It took pounds, a few million of them.

Rodgers hasn't tweaked the system as such. He's come in and imposed his system despite not having the players to be effective in that system.

So we now have some half arsed set up that falls somewhere between what Rodgers wants, and what the current squad are capable of.

Rodgers is meant to be a great coach, but he's coming across as a pedantic cunt who is only prepared to work with EPL standard players.

So why doesn't he fuck off to the EPL. Surely he did enough at Liverpool and Leicester for a team like Burnley to be interested in him.

We can then get a manager who is prepared to play with the hand he's been dealt, whilst trying to build the hand he wants

The next 3 games are must wins!Anything other than that and we seriously run the risk of surrendering our title to a bang average hun side imo.The thing that alarms me the most is the lack of heart and fight in this team and how easily Hearts beat us without having to be great themselves.This will be a tight title win IF we win it and thats a big IF at the moment .

Statement from Celtic tonight.

By Celtic Football Club

19 Dec 2023, 4:38 pm
Given the recent serious safety and matchday issues which our fans have experienced at fixtures at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Celtic's position on this matter has been very clear.
Celtic welcomes the opportunity to seek to resolve these important issues, and it was a hearing for which the Club was very well-prepared.
We are pleased that the sub-committee recognised the importance of safety and matchday experience issues in considering the question of a reasonable allocation for both fixtures.
While respecting the ongoing process, Celtic stands by its decision not to allocate any tickets for away supporters for the match on December 30th.
Celtic will continue to focus on the importance of safety and matchday experience issues as we look to address reasonable allocations at Celtic Park and Ibrox from next year, in a responsible manner.

Statement from Celtic tonight.

By Celtic Football Club

19 Dec 2023, 4:38 pm
Given the recent serious safety and matchday issues which our fans have experienced at fixtures at Ibrox and Celtic Park, Celtic's position on this matter has been very clear.
Celtic welcomes the opportunity to seek to resolve these important issues, and it was a hearing for which the Club was very well-prepared.
We are pleased that the sub-committee recognised the importance of safety and matchday experience issues in considering the question of a reasonable allocation for both fixtures.
While respecting the ongoing process, Celtic stands by its decision not to allocate any tickets for away supporters for the match on December 30th.
Celtic will continue to focus on the importance of safety and matchday experience issues as we look to address reasonable allocations at Celtic Park and Ibrox from next year, in a responsible manner.
Lock 'em out and keep 'em out.

Summer recruitment, someone was playing the Beta version FM23 ,& bought all the recommended wonder kids.

Imo we need another striker, preferably 6ft+, 15-20 goals a season, Miovski will do, s left back, mibbie a wide player that can cross a fuckin baw, We also need tae get back to basics 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

BR is sill doing what he did a Swansea, Liverpool, etc possession football, Naw Brendan TORA,TORA,TORA

Summer recruitment, someone was playing the Beta version FM23 ,& bought all the recommended wonder kids.

Imo we need another striker, preferably 6ft+, 15-20 goals a season, Miovski will do, s left back, mibbie a wide player that can cross a fuckin baw, We also need tae get back to basics 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.

BR is sill doing what he did a Swansea, Liverpool, etc possession football, Naw Brendan TORA,TORA,TORA
I think we do have players who can cross a baw. We don't have a front man that can get a heid on them.

Aye, and that gets truer with every passing defeat. Watching us at present doesn't inspire confidence. While I feel we can win the next three games, I also felt the same with Killie and Hearts. In truth we are vulnerable.

More hope than conviction ?
Remember Raith Rovers? Cally Thistle? Yes thats how unsure I am.
We have no idea what teams coming out of the tunnel at the moment.

Remember Raith Rovers? Cally Thistle? Yes thats how unsure I am.
We have no idea what teams coming out of the tunnel at the moment.
You're correct, Brim, every game has its own question mark. The question is the same regardless of opposition; will we turn up with a bit of desire?

I'm really not liking what I find myself posting these days; but if I'm being honest with myself, I have to say we're way below my level of my expectation when watching Celtic.

That comment is not born of a lack of respect for the rest of the clubs that go to make up our league; no, but it sure as hell stems from a disdain for the detached suits in the directors box.

Back